Zach Brown's recruitiment part of investigation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown's recruitiment part of investigation

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel like when the NCAA comes sniffing around they don't leave until there is SOMETHING they can ding you for..... unless you are UNC
Exactly. They’re like the police. If they pull you over because of suspicion of DUI but you’re not drunk you’re going to get a ticket for having a license plate light out.

Reaction Score
No, I mean I think his source is in the UConn hierarchy (possibly in the AD's office, as some have suggested), and he wanted to specify that the leak didn't originate there, but was merely "confirmed," because there was some also the suggestion here (and elsewhere I'm guessing) that it could have been intentionally leaked in an attempt to manufacture cause to terminate Ollie's contract--which I still think is ill-advised in any event.

Let's see. Someone in our AD office would bring to Storrs the guy who single handily would wipe Uconn off the map to get rid of KO? I'm just saying I'm not sure we have the brightest people in our AD office.

Reaction Score
Let's see. Someone in our AD office would bring to Storrs the guy who single handily would wipe Uconn off the map to get rid of KO? I'm just saying I'm not sure we have the brightest people in our AD office.
No, that’s not what people are saying.

They’re saying that the NCAA inquiry was already happening, but someone in the athletic department told the Hartford Courant about it when they didn’t have to. The point being that it would get some bad press out there on KO.

Reaction Score
No, that’s not what people are saying.

They’re saying that the NCAA inquiry was already happening, but someone in the athletic department told the Hartford Courant about it when they didn’t have to. The point being that it would get some bad press out there on KO.

They could do that without leaking. Message to the fans? Throw coach under the bus. Find a coach who wants to coach here?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Noted that too. He made a special effort to emphasize that, and specify that they confirmed it, which leads me to suspect it's a tell and he's protecting his source.
Sometime I feel like reading JJ is almost like a conversation. In this case JJ writes a column and the BY discusses. JJ writes follow up based upon board discussion. I'm not complaining about it in the least, since it is like interactive media, but it also is good journalism. JJ has adapted over the years. He uses the BY to the betterment of his work. Kudos to him.

Reaction Score
If Emmert survives the MSU scandal AD Dave should hire away one of Emmert's underlings. Bring someone he likes into the athletic department. If you think this is a long standing vendetta against UConn then we should make it hard for him to continue to hate us. We have enough wasted salaries as it is in this incompetent athletic department, what's one more if it will give us some immunity moving forwards? play the game

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can we hire a goat though?
I like that this is becoming a theme.

TOP-STORY-3-GOAT.jpg

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Sometime I feel like reading JJ is almost like a conversation. In this case JJ writes a column and the BY discusses. JJ writes follow up based upon board discussion. I'm not complaining about it in the least, since it is like interactive media, but it also is good journalism. JJ has adapted over the years. He uses the BY to the betterment of his work. Kudos to him.

His best piece ever, IMO was 2 years ago (I believe) writing about the absurdity of catholic schools playing in S or M (or whatever their modern equivalent is...i'm old) and praising one for moving up to LL.

Just a fantastic read about how broken the entire CT HS BB system is.

Also, he was a very willing quote for me in my college paper many many years ago about early entry and a potential age limit to the NBA draft, so seeing him step up his game is a plus.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I like that this is becoming a theme.

TOP-STORY-3-GOAT.jpg
IIRC, Greg Brady was able to keep one hidden in his room for a while. Maybe we could consult with him.

Reaction Score
Sounds like persecution.

F the NCAA.
Now I do not like what is going on with Uconn. I even agree, F the NCAAA.

But persecution? Come on, a bit strong considering history. Vendetta? Totally. Unfair targeting? Oh yah. Grudge? duh. Persecution? mmm, not so much IMHO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok, so let me get this straight...the NCAA has now stooped to the level of interviewing someone who we turned away due to off court issues who is now in prison in order to get dirt on the program? Sounds about right

Reaction Score
Plausible scenario: Boo greased the wheels with Zach's handlers, SJ found out about it after they got the commit but kept it under wraps. After the Sid Wilson situation played out, SJ no longer felt obligated to play nice and blew the whistle.

The question is: who are the other 2-4 recruits supposedly being investigated?

Reaction Score
Noted that too. He made a special effort to emphasize that, and specify that they confirmed it, which leads me to suspect it's a tell and he's protecting his source.
I get the sense someone with a vendetta turned UConn in for some minor violation. Kind of like the Tennessee women's team with UConn. I'm putting my money on St. John's about Sidney Wilson and/or Zach Brown. They were mad about Doug Wiggins also so this put them over the top. I will take a blow torch to whatever crappy gym they play in on campus if this turns out to be true.

Reaction Score
St John’s seems to be a theme. The Sid appeal was like batting a hornets nest since their fake classes in theory made them vulnerable. But of course in reality fake classes are fine but maybe they got caught up in the best defense is a good offense.

So you’re saying St. John’s saw the Sid appeal as an act by our Athletics Dept that put their program in the NCAA’s crosshairs. So they retaliated by filing a complaint against us?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Zach Brown gettin' PIZZAID!!!!!

Dude needs the cash for his operation like Dog Day Afternoon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom