Yum...is this crow?! It's delicious! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Yum...is this crow?! It's delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every university has a list of peccadillos, some public, some not so public. Trying to compare them in some game of one upmanship is kind of silly, IMO.

Couldn't agree more which is why I wonder why Syracuse, PC, UMess, etc. fans seem obsessed with making comparisons. I think it is rooted in insecurity. I can't see hating a university. There have been a select few coaches I haven't liked because of their effect on college basketball but, mainly, the issues are with the fan bases.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Hasn't this thread run it's course yet? If it hasn't been said in the 14 pages then it probably doesn't need to be ...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more which is why I wonder why Syracuse, PC, UMess, etc. fans seem obsessed with making comparisons. I think it is rooted in insecurity. I can't see hating a university. There have been a select few coaches I haven't liked because of their effect on college basketball but, mainly, the issues are with the fan bases.
I agree with you comment about insecurity. Where I disagree with you is that every fan base, including UConn's, have fans with different attitudes. Some fans look for the negative in other teams or fan bases to put them down to elevate themselves. Other fans avoid this game or are selective if they entertain this position.

Someone linked a Syracuse board thread, in which one poster listed the negative things that took place at UConn. And that propelled us to where we are now. But if anyone reads that entire thread, there are more than one voice in that thread. So painting Cuse fans as one voice is inaccurate. The same inaccuracy holds for jaded Cuse fans who paint UConn fans as all being derogatory towards their program. It depends on our sensitive nature, whether we chose to overgeneralize on some evidence and ignore the evidence that contradicts our feeling.

Reaction Score
Hasn't this thread run it's course yet? If it hasn't been said in the 14 pages then it probably doesn't need to be ...

Be thankful that this is the Boeheim thread and that his press conference last night didn't get it's own thread.

Uh, wait a minute oooooops

Reaction Score
I think its interesting that out of maybe 50 unique posters over numerous threads, 2 or 3 guys have ripped Boeheim apart irrationally and are begging for his firing, yet two Syracuse fans come here and focus on those 2 or 3 guys. I am sure they really want to be able to say that Uconn fans are distasteful but it seems like the majority of us don't want to see Boeheim's legacy tarnished if he didn't actually know anything that was going on (which it seems he didn't). You see this behavior all the time, like with AO retweeting the one negative tweet he will receive and not acknowledging the 20 supportive tweets. I don't really get people.

Reaction Score
walker,
If Fine is either indicted or convicted or pleads to something, or if reports come out that he wasn't only due to technicalities, how can you even suggest that Boeheim's legacy won't be tarnished? Barring an outcome where Fine is determined to be unfairly accused, in effect another Duke lacrosse situation, it appears that Boeheim had a potential child molester on his staff for 30 odd years, and when he was first accused in 2005 or so, he was so concerned that he never even looked into it himself...defended the guy then apparently and now and kept him on the staff. Sorry, but like it or not, Boeheim tarnished his own legacy. He can only hope that Bernie is telling the truth. Otherwise he goes down with Joe Paterno and Cardinal Law...both of whom had their legacies tarnished.

Reaction Score
I'd enjoy it if Calipari got filmed with a duffel bag full of cash in a recruit's living room, but when it comes to stories like this, or Penn State, or Baylor a few years ago -- I don't think even the Germans have come up with a word for what it takes to enjoy these stories.

Reaction Score
I think its interesting that out of maybe 50 unique posters over numerous threads, 2 or 3 guys have ripped Boeheim apart irrationally and are begging for his firing, yet two Syracuse fans come here and focus on those 2 or 3 guys. I am sure they really want to be able to say that Uconn fans are distasteful but it seems like the majority of us don't want to see Boeheim's legacy tarnished if he didn't actually know anything that was going on (which it seems he didn't). You see this behavior all the time, like with AO retweeting the one negative tweet he will receive and not acknowledging the 20 supportive tweets. I don't really get people.

What's irrational about what I wrote? If you have something to say, say it.

Reaction Score
What's irrational about what I wrote? If you have something to say, say it.

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the very few immature anti-Boeheim posts that were short, snide comments by posters who are likely 16-18. Your points make sense and are fair even if they are very critical. My point was that the Cuse fans are basically looking for fights when they are not there.

Reaction Score
I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the very few immature anti-Boeheim posts that were short, snide comments by posters who are likely 16-18. Your points make sense and are fair even if they are very critical. My point was that the Cuse fans are basically looking for fights when they are not there.

Sorry, and gotcha. Just received an email from the Prez of my university to faculty. Went through protocol for sex abuse reports. A paragraph lumping in Cuse and PSU together.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Regarding the cuse guys, most of us examine the half empty cup rather than the half full cup when we make public statements. When we see the cup half full, we don't see the need to point it out.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
We've got a target on our back. Other fans are jealous of our success. They rationalize the jealousy away by pointing out the negatives of our program when the reality is that their own program probably has just as many negatives.

But not as many NCAA National Championships.

Ha.

Reaction Score
That list has some things that are legitimate - our graduation rate is poor and we have screwed up by not making that more of a priority, we did break rules with the Nate Miles recruitment, Marcus Williams and A.J. Price did duck* up royally. However, you can always tell when people are trying to make things worse than they are when they refer to a misdemeanor pot bust as "drug possession" or refer to accepting a plane ticket as "receiving illegal gifts". Might as well go with the vague terms when they sound far more nefarious than the specifics. And then you throw in something like the Kemba quote, which is just silly (for a guy who graduated in three years), or Tate George, who is in trouble 20 years after he graduated, or realize that they used Nate Miles issues six different times, or brought up things that Kellogg did after we had already thrown him off the team and you realize they're reaching to try to make the list look longer. I could help them out by pointing out a couple items they missed (that famous arrest for a kid jumping out from behind a bush with a plastic knife as a stupid prank, for example), but c'est la vie.
And yet, at the end of the day, one pervert assistant molesting kids trumps all of those examples put together times ten. What a bunch of pathetic s.

Reaction Score
And yet, at the end of the day, one pervert assistant molesting kids trumps all of those examples put together times ten. What a bunch of pathetic s.

I like you deadrody so I'll be nice but yes it does trump what your s on the Cuse board discuss. They lay everything on Calhoun as to why their hatred is so deep so it's the coaches and not the players. A couple kids who come in and do a couple stupid things with the girls teams laptops, a box of sneakers by a kid who was let go, some pot by another who was let go and one who stayed, the texts from the coaches..........none are very good............but the rapes years ago with Payton and especially Hawkins and now an asst. who was diddling kids? .........sorry this is not close and quite honestly never will be. For the most part the disrespect your board shows our HOF coach vs. the respect JB gets from here has no comparison. It's ridiculous and I know you're an educated fan but there's really not too many over there... mostly jealous idiots.

Just my 2 cents maybe not what you want to hear but again you're in our house. And orangehomer doesn't like our list huh? Funny stuff!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
this list blows. it is obviously both missing certain incidents, and incorrectly reporting others. get your facts straight and try again. you may also want to try reporting the outcomes of some of the arrests, people are innocent until proven guilty in this country.
I said the list was preliminary. There are a lot more incidents that can be added. Frankly the sheer number of incidents made this take far longer than I was willing to invest in it. I appreciate your desire to make it complete.

Feel free to reply to my original post and add as many additional incidents as you have time to put it to the project. I invite anyone to participate. There are more than enough events for everyone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
After giving it a bit more thought, I have to admit that orangehomer was right. If one is going to catalog the grand tradition of Syracuse criminal acts, one ought to be committed to listing them all. Unfortunately, I don’t have the time or the resources to commit to cataloging all of them, however, orangehomer did shame me into adding a few more. The additions are listed in red.

Again, I welcome anyone who wants to add to this already impressive list. You don’t have to be a Syracuse fan, anyone with a search engine can play…have fun!

A very preliminary lists of arrests follows: [Note that I have completely left off the Fine matter and the alleged cover up. Also note that I have not talked about the 'cuse APR sanctions or other NCAA issues in this preliminary post.]

2011: Syracuse University basketball player Fab Melo has an order of protection applied against him by another student.

2011: Syracuse University football player Marcus Sales arrested for possession of three baggies of marijuana, hydrocodone tablets, digital scales.

2011: Syracuse University basketball player Fab Melo charged with criminal mischief.

2011: Logan Tousaw, a sophomore defenseman for Syracuse University and Eric DeJohn, an incoming freshman were arrested for larceny, fifth-degree conspiracy and reckless endangerment of property.

2011: Another Syracuse University football player has been arrested. SU quarterback Jonny Miller has been charged with Robbery and 3rd degree Assault, along with Criminal Possession of Identity Documents for punching and robbing a man.

2011: Kevin Drew, a senior defensive midfielder, was charged by Syracuse police with driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident and resisting arrest.

2011: Former Syracuse University basketball player Josh Wright arrested in a prostitution sting in Utica.

2011: Syracuse University football player Marcus Sales arrested for possession of three baggies of marijuana, hydrocodone tablets, digital scales.

2011: Syracuse player Kevin Drew has been suspended indefinitely from the team after being charged with driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident and resisting arrest

2011: Former Syracuse University Orange basketball player is being accused of stealing a credit card from a vehicle in Westmoreland

2010: Syracuse University football player Delone Carter Arrested at practice in front of his teammates.

2010: Syracuse University freshman football player Malcolm Cater – seen as the heir apparent at middle linebacker for the Orange is charged with four felony charges for burglary and grand larceny. Additional charges for two more thefts.

2010: Syracuse incoming freshman Jacob Bratek was arrested for DWI

2008: Syracuse University freshman football players Paul Chiara and Mikhail Marinovich arrested for breaking and after a police chase. The brother of one of the players had a know drug arrest record.

2008: Syracuse senior midfielder Dan Hardy was arrested Oct. 4 for driving while intoxicated

2008: Syracuse starting guard Eric Devendorf was suspended after allegedly hitting a female student in the face. Devendorf had already been on probation for a previous incident in which he caused physical harm to a student.

2007: Syracuse University player Sean McGonigle was arrested in February 2007 in connection with an off-campus assault.

2007: Syracuse University player Pat Perritt charged the next month with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

2007: Syracuse University player John Carrozza charged the next month with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

2007: Syracuse Basketball Players Jonny Flynn, Antonio "Scoop" Jardine and Richard Jackson charged with sexual assault of a female student on campus.

2002: Syracuse basketball player Deshaun Williams arrested for assaulting own mascot.

2002: Syracuse basketball player Deshaun Williams impregnates teammate Preston Shumpert's girlfriend.

1993: After refusing to leave at closing time, six Syracuse basketball players were involved in a late-night confrontation at a Syracuse bar. Michael Edwards and Anthony Harris went to the apartment of teammate Conrad McRae, got a hammer, and picked up three teammates at another club, at which point the six players -- with the hammer -- went back to the bar Edwards pounded on the bar's Plexiglas windows with the hammer, demanding that the bouncers come outside and fight Windows were also smashed on cars owned by people who had nothing to do with the bar.

1992: Syracuse basketball player Conrad McRae was charged by police in April 1992 with obstructing governmental administration, resisting arrest and criminal mischief.

1991: City police asked a judge to issue a criminal summons in 1991 charging Adrian Autry with harassment for punching an ex-girlfriend.

1990: Police investigate Syracuse basketball player “pummeling”a 19-year-old Syracuse resident.

1990: Syracuse Basketball Player Dave Johnson was the focus of an investigation of sexual misconduct involving a 14-year-old girl by Syracuse police.

1988: Syracuse Basketball Player Derrick Coleman was charged with a misdemeanor count of criminal mischief and harassment, a violation, in 1988 following a fight and break-ins at two students' apartments.

1987: Syracuse basketball player Andre Hawkins, charged with rape

1987: Syracuse basketball player Ron Payton charged with the rape of a Villanova student.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I like you deadrody so I'll be nice but yes it does trump what your s on the Cuse board discuss. They lay everything on Calhoun as to why their hatred is so deep so it's the coaches and not the players. A couple kids who come in and do a couple stupid things with the girls teams laptops, a box of sneakers by a kid who was let go, some pot by another who was let go and one who stayed, the texts from the coaches..........none are very good............but the rapes years ago with Payton and especially Hawkins and now an asst. who was diddling kids? .........sorry this is not close and quite honestly never will be. For the most part the disrespect your board shows our HOF coach vs. the respect JB gets from here has no comparison. It's ridiculous and I know you're an educated fan but there's really not too many over there... mostly jealous idiots.

Just my 2 cents maybe not what you want to hear but again you're in our house. And orangehomer doesn't like our list huh? Funny stuff!!
rody is a UConn fan who was calling the Cuse fans names fyi.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
rody is a UConn fan who was calling the Cuse fans names fyi.

Yeah, that confused me. I was ready to request 'rody be hoisted on a pike for excellence in espionage.

Reaction Score

Psssst.... I was agreeing with you guys. The morons making that list on the Cuse board are the pathetic s.

Reaction Score
Psssst.... I was agreeing with you guys. The morons making that list on the Cuse board are the pathetic s.

Was wondering what was going on? lol..............yikes...............long day of sales forecasts with my guys and staring at a laptop and making numbers work so I guess I couldn't read last night when I got home....my bad....apologies......but I'm happy I read it all wrong for sure!!......back to forecasts in a couple hours so be careful what you say today!!;)

Reaction Score
Didn't the cuse get nailed by the NCAA in the early 90s for some serious violations?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
At least you'll be happy to know you would be one of the good Cuse fans as opposed to one of the baddies.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom