YouTubeTV done with NESN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

YouTubeTV done with NESN

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Exactly—really frustrating. Started at $50 just 2-3 years ago and now there’s no YES or NESN. I’m all ears for another option.
What will we miss out on UConn wise, with Hulu or Fubo?
Problem is you switch, then your new streamer drops stuff, and your stuck again chasing your tail.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nesn sent out an official notice that they had lowered their asking price to YouTube tv but youtube didnt even counter. They just dropped them. Odd.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nesn sent out an official notice that they had lowered their asking price to YouTube tv but youtube didnt even counter. They just dropped them. Odd.
The only thing I've watched on NESN in the last year is ROH. It sounds like I'm not alone.

Reaction Score
Seems like the advantage of these streaming services over regular cable is shrinking with time...

Rather than cutting channels because of licensing fees, I wish they would just let us pick the channels we want within a budget....so if you want NESN, you need to drop Food & HGTV for the $60 tier....or pay more to select more channels.

Reaction Score
Seems like the advantage of these streaming services over regular cable is shrinking with time...

Rather than cutting channels because of licensing fees, I wish they would just let us pick the channels we want within a budget....so if you want NESN, you need to drop Food & HGTV for the $60 tier....or pay more to select more channels.
I’d imagine that is where things are going. Kind of an a la carte menu.

Reaction Score
I’d imagine that is where things are going. Kind of an a la carte menu.
I've been hearing that for a few years. I believe Verizon Fios tried doing that but it violated their ESPN license and they were sued immediately and caved. It's really frustrating that 40% of the channels I pay to get I have ZERO interest in watching...

Reaction Score
Is the thinking here that if we literally pay for only the channels we want that so many channels would just shut down? I've been hearing a la Carte forever but we never see it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is the thinking here that if we literally pay for only the channels we want that so many channels would just shut down? I've been hearing a la Carte forever but we never see it.

I'd rather go the route of non-watched channels disappear via an a la carte option than having to pay fees to subsidize and unprofitable channel survive.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I'm surprised channels don't do it independently outside of the cable and streaming networks. For example nesn go 10$ a month.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm surprised channels don't do it independently outside of the cable and streaming networks. For example nesn go 10$ a month.

Because most of them, NESN included, aren't profitable by themselves at that price point.

TJT

Reaction Score
NESN, with virus severely impacting the supply of its live content along the implosion of the Red Sox, is not is a strong bargaining position at this time.

Reaction Score
What about Apple TV? Anyone know if they carry SNY, NESN etc? I just picked up a new I phone and they gave me 1 year of free Apple TV.

Reaction Score
Fubo is pretty awesome. Picked it up last month and it’s got a pretty decent slate.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This whole "TV" supplier pipeline needs to change in Connecticut.

I recently left Frontier when they dropped YES. I chose Comcast/XFinity because they guaranteed me the YES Network.

What Comcast didn't tell me is that our local CBS affiliate (3/WFSB ) would be available but not in HD. Also, my local CT Fox and NBC channels aren't included either. I've lived in Fairfield County my whole life and have become spoiled as having access to both NY and New England affiliates from major networks.

Positives of Frontier are I got extra NFL games every week because I was catching HD CT and NY signals here. Negatives of Frontier, everything else.

Comcast has been great when it comes to customer service, quality of services provided, having YES and SNY but has been disappointing when it comes to local TV coverage/access.

Reaction Score
Anything u miss? What’s the monthly?
Good for sports. Wide selection of CFB games and you can get an extra out of market NFL game. $69 bucks a month with no commitment. I don’t watch much beyond sports and news, but my take its a pretty decent offering.

Reaction Score
Youtube TV dropped all of the Sinclair regionals (formerly Fox) as did Hulu. Since there's no real sports going now who cares. What's bothersome is they didn't drop the price. As for NESN, not sure who the power brokers are behind them. SNY is the Mets and Comcast. I have Hulu and just checked. SNY is there but I'm not gonna watch as they're showing the Jets/Chiefs game. Ugh!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This whole "TV" supplier pipeline needs to change in Connecticut.

I recently left Frontier when they dropped YES. I chose Comcast/XFinity because they guaranteed me the YES Network.

What Comcast didn't tell me is that our local CBS affiliate (3/WFSB ) would be available but not in HD. Also, my local CT Fox and NBC channels aren't included either. I've lived in Fairfield County my whole life and have become spoiled as having access to both NY and New England affiliates from major networks.

Positives of Frontier are I got extra NFL games every week because I was catching HD CT and NY signals here. Negatives of Frontier, everything else.

Comcast has been great when it comes to customer service, quality of services provided, having YES and SNY but has been disappointing when it comes to local TV coverage/access.

Wild guess you're in Shelton. Your "local" CBS affiliate is WCBS, and always has been. And yes, it's stupid. Same with NBC and FOX. Blame the FCC and lobbyists.

I'm in the same boat in Monroe.

Reaction Score
A la carte will probably never happen because of the consolidation of the content and greed of it's owners (basically 6 companies own almost all the content). The reason you still haven't seen it is because if the streaming provider wants to have comedy central in their lineup, for example, Viacom makes them pay for and take all the channels they own and puts it in the contract that the streamer has to provide them all together to the customer. I paused my YouTube TV subscription after the latest price hike for adding channels I haven't watched since I was a teenager. I will probably turn it on for the uconn basketball season and then pause it again. I've never looked into fubo, so maybe it's time. After pausing youtube tv, I definitely realized I have no need for regular tv content. I just care about live sports.

Reaction Score
YouTube TV has FS1 but no more YES so we might miss afew games. They haven’t come out with TV schedule yet so that’s just speculation on my part.

Also, FS2, CBSSN, ESPN/2/U/News where another handful of games can land.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom