YouTubeTV done with NESN | The Boneyard

YouTubeTV done with NESN

Reaction Score
We’re writing to let you know that our agreement with New England Sports Network (NESN) has expired. Unfortunately, we were unable to reach a new agreement to continue offering you this network. Starting Saturday, October 31, 2020, NESN will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and you will no longer have access to any previous recordings from NESN.
We regret the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your membership as we strive to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience.
Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hi Noel,
We’re writing to let you know that our agreement with New England Sports Network (NESN) has expired. Unfortunately, we were unable to reach a new agreement to continue offering you this network. Starting Saturday, October 31, 2020, NESN will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and you will no longer have access to any previous recordings from NESN.
We regret the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your membership as we strive to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience.
Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

Not a bruins fan so I won’t care until March /April when baseball comes back. What is our best streaming option now for sports ? Seems like YouTube TV is slowly moving away for sports (got rid of YES earlier this year) and more towards family with nickelodeon and tv land etc...

Reaction Score
Not a bruins fan so I won’t care until March /April when baseball comes back. What is our best streaming option now for sports ? Seems like YouTube TV is slowly moving away for sports (got rid of YES earlier this year) and more towards family with nickelodeon and tv land etc...
My Hulu (YES) expired a two weeks ago and just transitioned to Fubo for NCAA basketball and Rangers. Just looked that NESN is also available too for local regions. I'll watch any college basketball and Fubo has been amazing for its coverage.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
My Hulu (YES) expired a two weeks ago and just transitioned to Fubo for NCAA basketball and Rangers. Just looked that NESN is also available too for local regions. I'll watch any college basketball and Fubo has been amazing for its coverage.

Check out their multi-view. Especially on college football Saturdays. It's outrageously awesome.

Reaction Score
These things almost always get worked out at the last minute. I expect in the near future they'll come to an agreement. With the NHL season starting later I don't think anyone will be clamoring for NESN during November so it might take awhile to get something done.

Reaction Score
These things almost always get worked out at the last minute. I expect in the near future they'll come to an agreement. With the NHL season starting later I don't think anyone will be clamoring for NESN during November so it might take awhile to get something done.
Probably depends on how many folks start cancelling

Reaction Score
The sports networks just are too expensive for streaming. I started streaming with $35 vue. It was great.

Now? Sling Blue. Might not keep it until nba returns. Who knows.

Last edited:

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What’s Fubu or Hulu cost? Will either have both NESN & YES? I guess maybe just buy for baseball season? These companies are going to drive sports fans nuts.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Sling and Fubo are very good. Sling is cheaper & quite good for the price (pair with an antenna) but fubo is worth if you want the higher quality

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I have had FUBO for over a yr - $64.99 a month - you get NESN, YES, SNY, all the ESPN's - NBC Sports, CBSSports, etc. Only thing missing is Turner stuff - CNN, TNT, etc. If you love soccer- you have BEIN and all the Spanish channels as well. Plus tons of non sports channels

Reaction Score
I have had FUBO for over a yr - $64.99 a month - you get NESN, YES, SNY, all the ESPN's - NBC Sports, CBSSports, etc. Only thing missing is Turner stuff - CNN, TNT, etc. If you love soccer- you have BEIN and all the Spanish channels as well. Plus tons of non sports channels
Missing the Turner stations means you are screwed for the NCAA tournament

GemParty

Reaction Score
Why doesn’t pro teams sell entire season options or even per game Ppv? Any idea how much MLB season pass costs? Hard to believe you’d have to invest in that, for your local team.

Reaction Score
Why doesn’t pro teams sell entire season options or even per game Ppv? Any idea how much MLB season pass costs? Hard to believe you’d have to invest in that, for your local team.
The problem with that is that most leagues negotiate ridiculous blackout rules to keep the power with the regional sports networks. Depending on where you live MLB TV can be blacked out for multiple teams. For example Iowa of all places is considered a "local" market for four MLB teams so you can only watch the other teams on MLB TV.

Reaction Score
You can get individual team seasons on MLB.Com. Blackouts would apply though. A full season of all games on MLB.Com costed me $124.99 season before last. Again blackouts apply. I live in VT and Red Sox games are blacked out. I am sure they will still be blacked out because NESN is on cable. I have UTube TV so this really stinks. They will be getting an earful from me and will tell them I am exploring other options which I don't want to do because up until now UTube TV has been my best option for sports and that is the only reason I watch TV.

GemParty

Reaction Score
You can get individual team seasons on MLB.Com. Blackouts would apply though. A full season of all games on MLB.Com costed me $124.99 season before last. Again blackouts apply. I live in VT and Red Sox games are blacked out. I am sure they will still be blacked out because NESN is on cable. I have UTube TV so this really stinks. They will be getting an earful from me and will tell them I am exploring other options which I don't want to do because up until now UTube TV has been my best option for sports and that is the only reason I watch TV.

Keep us updated on your progress. I will complain too. SoxNation. May switch to Fubo or Hulu come April. We have some time to decide. Maybe they bend our way.

Reaction Score
FuboTV looks like the answer for us sports nuts, I am done with YoutubeTV!

Reaction Score
Keep us updated on your progress. I will complain too. SoxNation. May switch to Fubo or Hulu come April. We have some time to decide. Maybe they bend our way.
I called YouTubeTV and complained, the guy that took the call said he would pass it on to his supervisor. PLEASE, if you have UTubeTV call and complain. The # is 605-260-4000. Even if yiou don't have it, call them and tell them you were thinking about switching over until they dropped NESN. Thank you.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Honestly when they start cutting local sports channels like nesn and yes, might as well get sling tv. It's only like 25 a month but without those two channels.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom