YouTubeTV done with NESN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

YouTubeTV done with NESN

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
During my search, I never seemed seemed to find the one product that hit everything I was looking for. I went with YouTube, at the time all that was missing for me was BeIN. Now I can get Fanatiz to cover that. I'm still so pissed about the Sox trading Mookie I'm not going to sweat losing NESN. Yeah, the price went up but I'm still saving over a hundy a month.

Reaction Score
Wild guess you're in Shelton. Your "local" CBS affiliate is WCBS, and always has been. And yes, it's stupid. Same with NBC and FOX. Blame the FCC and lobbyists.

I'm in the same boat in Monroe.

Same boat here, also in Monroe. However what I find weird is that channel 2 is NY CBS but we do get CT CBS but it’s channel 16. Just weird to me.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Same boat here, also in Monroe. However what I find weird is that channel 2 is NY CBS but we do get CT CBS but it’s channel 16. Just weird to me.

*nerd alert* - sorry - this is my hobby...

Theoretically, WCBS could actually force this, given that they have preferential placement as the market's affiliate. They probably asked Hartford channels to go above 13 given the historical 2-13 local channel placement in New York (i.e. people who remember old rotary dial channel changing). It's a relic.

Reaction Score
During my search, I never seemed seemed to find the one product that hit everything I was looking for. I went with YouTube, at the time all that was missing for me was BeIN. Now I can get Fanatiz to cover that. I'm still so pissed about the Sox trading Mookie I'm not going to sweat losing NESN. Yeah, the price went up but I'm still saving over a hundy a month.

They HAD to do it, it got them under the cap, allowed them to dump Price, and they got back 2 of the more exciting young players in MLB. Verdugo is a .300ba, .375ob, and 15hr hitter and an above average OF with one of the best arms in all of MLB, he is also under team control for the next 5 years! Jeter Downs is viewed as a possible 30/30 player and a solid defender at a position which has been a disaster since Pedroia went down. If Bloom plays his cards right this offseason, they could be a playoff team as soon as next year, rumors are the Red Sox are going to be one of the only teams spending big this offseason now they are flush with cash from their merger with RedBall acquisitions. Sorry, didn't mean to de-rail the thread.

Reaction Score
Next baseball season I switch to Hulu plus then back to youtube tv when done. I like youtubetv best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom