OT: Youtube tv | The Boneyard

OT: Youtube tv

Reaction Score
i just looked at their channel lineup for central ct and they seem to cover all of the possibilities for UCONN games. SNY, ESPN’S, FS1, 2. AM I missing something? Also has all the live local channels which many other streaming doesn’t. Is there a catch here?

Reaction Score
I cut the cord and will learn with you. I think I’m OK as I live in DC and had to primarily rely on WatchESPN last year anyhow. The CBS/NBC sports channels should fill all the gaps. Should be 100%

Another random YTTV thingy

If someone from your hometown area authenticates the location on your Roku you can get out of market feeds on YTTV which is killer for NFL. I just got it set up and want to see if it can carry me through the pats season. I’ve got my big projector set to CT so it’s odd to have ch61 and 8 in the regular lineup with the DC stuff on my other TVs. This will end at some point as it was just too easy. I thought I was gonna have to install a VPN from a similar location, but the authentication come straight from the gps on the mobile device or tablet that authenticates. I’m three days in and it’s up perfect.

Reaction Score
youtube tv is awesome. $40 you get up to 6 users(so up to 6 families, theoretically). its a crazy deal. Quality is always excellent, unlimited DVR.

Reaction Score
I cut the cord and will learn with you. I think I’m OK as I live in DC and had to primarily rely on WatchESPN last year anyhow. The CBS/NBC sports channels should fill all the gaps. Should be 100%

If someone from your hometown area authenticates the location on your Roku you can get out of market feeds on YTTV which is killer for NFL. I just got it set up and want to see if it can carry me through the pats season. I’ve got my big projector set to CT so it’s odd to have ch61 and 8 in the regular lineup with the DC stuff on my other TVs. This will end at some point as it was just too easy. I thought I was gonna have to install a VPN from a similar location, but the authentication come straight from the gps on the mobile device or tablet that authenticates. I’m three days in and it’s up perfect.

You can change the area in which you are in if you have the app fakeGPS on Android. It will mock whatever location you want and then out of market games will work as well. I did this the other day trying to watch the Yankees vs. ChiSox. I live in Indiana and the game was blacked out in Chicago and New York areas. I had to mock another location and chose Atlanta and it worked just fine. If you need help let me know.

Reaction Score

For non technical folk like me could you explain this about the authentication and this fake gps app? Youtube gives you the stuff in your zip code but you can get other zip code lineups?

Reaction Score
Went through all of last season with YouTubeTV as my only cable source and it covered every single game if I'm remembering correctly. Just tell it now that you want UConn Mens Bball and it will record all of them all season. And somehow it knows when the game ends so it doesn't just stop recording after 2 hours like most dvr's. We're living in the future.

Reaction Score
Went through all of last season with YouTubeTV as my only cable source and it covered every single game if I'm remembering correctly. Just tell it now that you want UConn Mens Bball and it will record all of them all season. And somehow it knows when the game ends so it doesn't just stop recording after 2 hours like most dvr's. We're living in the future.
My 2 year contract with Comcast is over Thanksgiving and I can’t wait to make that call to them. Unfortunately you need Comcast for internet where I live which is $80 a month. For a landline Vonage I guess. That still puts me at less than $150 which is still 80-100 less than now.

Reaction Score
YouTube.tv is great. I cut the cord in the spring and haven't looked back...

Reaction Score
Does it offer NFL? or do you have to pay extra? Right now I'm Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and Prime. It covers most of family needs, but my sons ask about football.

Reaction Score
Does it offer NFL? or do you have to pay extra? Right now I'm Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and Prime. It covers most of family needs, but my sons ask about football.
The Giants and the Pats are local network and ESPN. The NFL package can be streamed. NFL Network I don’t know.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
YouTube TV is unbelievable. If you're a sports fan in the NYC area, the only drawback is if you're a Knick fan and/or a fan of the 3 local NHL teams as those games are on the MSG Networks which are not included.

Everything else though? YES, SNY, CBS Sports Network, ESPNs, Fox Sports 1/2, NBC Sports (YouTube log in allows you to watch all EPL games), MLB Network, NFL Network, bunch of movie channels, etc.

Truthfully I can't say enough how happy I'm with it for $40 as compared to the $125 FiOS charged for a worse service.

Reaction Score
For non technical folk like me could you explain this about the authentication and this fake gps app? Youtube gives you the stuff in your zip code but you can get other zip code lineups?
Correct. If you have have an iPhone, you cannot fake your GPS, so you'll have to have someone in the target area go to the link and sign into your gmail.

If you go to YTTV options and select change location, they will give you a link to use. You'll then need to sign into google from that link. If you have an iphone, you'll need to give that link to someone in the market you want to appear on your TV. If you have an Android phone, they will let you fake your gps location (will need to download an app for that). You can fake your GPS location and sign in from that fake location.

Make sense?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
YouTube TV is unbelievable. If you're a sports fan in the NYC area, the only drawback is if you're a Knick fan and/or a fan of the 3 local NHL teams as those games are on the MSG Networks which are not included.

Everything else though? YES, SNY, CBS Sports Network, ESPNs, Fox Sports 1/2, NBC Sports (YouTube log in allows you to watch all EPL games), MLB Network, NFL Network, bunch of movie channels, etc.

Truthfully I can't say enough how happy I'm with it for $40 as compared to the $125 FiOS charged for a worse service.
What are you using for your internet connection? Did you drop your landline as well?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What are you using for your internet connection? Did you drop your landline as well?

I used to only have Fios cable tv; internet was provided through my building and I didn't have a landline phone.

Right now, I have Fios internet (100 mpbs package), which is $40 a month if you sign up for auto pay. Mine is actually $50 because I was lazy and rented the equipment for an extra $10 a month.

That's Fios' "slowest" internet package, but even so with using an ethernet cable straight into my Roku and I've never had any but great picture for tv games/programs.

So for me, I'm saving probably $70 a month and I like the product better. Also, divvying up the Youtube TV accounts (keep in mind you get 6), so can chop that $40/month down considerably and it doesn't affect performance.

Reaction Score
I used to only have Fios cable tv; internet was provided through my building and I didn't have a landline phone.

Right now, I have Fios internet (100 mpbs package), which is $40 a month if you sign up for auto pay. Mine is actually $50 because I was lazy and rented the equipment for an extra $10 a month.

That's Fios' "slowest" internet package, but even so with using an ethernet cable straight into my Roku and I've never had any but great picture for tv games/programs.

So for me, I'm saving probably $70 a month and I like the product better. Also, divvying up the Youtube TV accounts (keep in mind you get 6), so can chop that $40/month down considerably and it doesn't affect performance.
Question for you or any other Fios people that have cut the chord. I don't know if I'll be able to because my wife needs our landline for business purposes.

I have Fios' quantum router. The coverage absolutely sucks for me. If I go with a mesh system I believe I still need a modem for fios. Do you happen to know if it matters what modem you get (from them or elsewhere) to keep a 75/75 or beyond speed?

Reaction Score
I don't have YouTube TV but, if CBSSN is available on that, does that mean I'll be able to stream CBSSN games via an app or on the computer this season?

Reaction Score
The Giants and the Pats are local network and ESPN. The NFL package can be streamed. NFL Network I don’t know.

The NFL Package isn't available to be streamed without conditions. (Basically you likely need to have a dish to get the package). Found this on their site: NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service is only available to non-DIRECTV customers who live in select multi-dwelling unit buildings (apartments, condos, etc.,) nationwide in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available, live in select areas within various metropolitan cities, live in a residence that has been verified as unable to receive DIRECTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals,

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Question for you or any other Fios people that have cut the chord. I don't know if I'll be able to because my wife needs our landline for business purposes.

I have Fios' quantum router. The coverage absolutely sucks for me. If I go with a mesh system I believe I still need a modem for fios. Do you happen to know if it matters what modem you get (from them or elsewhere) to keep a 75/75 or beyond speed?

You do need the modem I believe. If I remember when I get home, I'll check the modem I have and run a speed test on my wifi.

If I forget just shoot me a PM.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@Chuck

The modem I have is Fios Quantum-G1100 and sitting in the same room the download speed was 100 Mbps and upload was 54 Mbps.

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but let me know if there is anything else I can try and take a look at for you.

Reaction Score
@Chuck

The modem I have is Fios Quantum-G1100 and sitting in the same room the download speed was 100 Mbps and upload was 54 Mbps.

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but let me know if there is anything else I can try and take a look at for you.
Thanks. That's the one I have. It's perfectly fast when I'm near the router, but gives me very mediocre house coverage. I'm paying them to "lease" it every month. Sounds like you are as well. I'd like to get a mesh system and would buy a fios-compatible modem but Verizon doesn't want you to go independent so they make it pretty tough to figure out what will work. I'll update if/when I figure it out.

Reaction Score
I'm in Florida and get all UCONN games. Yttv

Direct TV now is similar and I think you can nfl via them with Sunday PKG?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom