@ NC State L
Fresno State L
@ Florida International W
@ Ball State W
Boston College L
UMass W
Liberty L
@ Army L

4-8. Could be 6-6 with additional wins at Liberty and Army with progression during the season. Could be 2-10 if we drop FIU and Ball State.

Reaction Score
@ Utah State L
Central Conn W
Syracuse University W
@ Michigan L
@ NC State L
Fresno State L
@ Florida International W
@ Ball State W
Boston College W
UMass W
Liberty University L
@ Army L

6-6 would be sweet.
I think we will get there, with some luck maybe even 7-5, but my prediction is 6-6.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Name your 6. I virtually guarantee you're using "names" instead of actual football stats.

Why are you rooting for anything less? If we assume Mora recruited actual D1 football players from the portal and Edsall's last class was actually worth a damn. If we also assume Mora hired competent coaches and that the players actually listened to them this offseason, then why the hell can't we be a little optimistic that we can squeak out victories against...

CCSU
Cuse, at home, with its coach on the hot seat. Thought this is my stretch call being so early.
F-I--U
Ball State
UMass at home
Army in the last game of the year after Mora has had an entire season to prepare.

While it's highly likely we won;t win all of these games, to write off any them, you might as well stop being a fan.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
5-7. Wins against CCSU, Syracuse, FIU, Ball State, and UMass.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
5-7. Wins against CCSU, Syracuse, FIU, Ball State, and UMass.
Having the chance to win 6 with 2 left would be a successful first year and I wouldn't bet on not getting number 6 at that point. Having less than 4 going into the last home game vs Liberty should be considered a failure. I don't care about moral victories any longer.

Reaction Score
Why are you rooting for anything less? If we assume Mora recruited actual D1 football players from the portal and Edsall's last class was actually worth a damn. If we also assume Mora hired competent coaches and that the players actually listened to them this offseason, then why the hell can't we be a little optimistic that we can squeak out victories against...

CCSU
Cuse, at home, with its coach on the hot seat. Thought this is my stretch call being so early.
F-I--U
Ball State
UMass at home
Army in the last game of the year after Mora has had an entire season to prepare.

While it's highly likely we won;t win all of these games, to write off any them, you might as well stop being a fan.
I really do not understand this reply (although it’s not to me so I don’t really have a dog in this). First you say the poster is “rooting” for fewer wins, which no one did. Then you list 6 and say it’s likely we will not win that many? I truly do not understand. Predictions mean how many do you think we will will win. Your response seems to concur that it would seem perfectly reasonable to assume it will be less than 6. Everyone’s rooting for as many as possible, but that is not the issue.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
heading in the thread, i was thinking at least 3 just from the reboot, but then reading the other thoughts, the games lineup, and the 6-6 ideas, and the number 5 seemed to fit. 5-7? 7-5? honestly don't know, but it feels like bowl possibility talk will last past the time when a jack-o-lantern becomes a victim of pumpkin baseball.

Reaction Score
This is crazy…I was slammed by one our posters earlier this summer as a “fanboy” for claiming we should win 3 maybe 4 games. If I was a “fanboy,” what’s going on here with 6-7 wins and bowl predictions. Where are all the “realists” who use “critical thinking” to project 1 win this season?!?

Anyway, I‘m sticking to my guns. 3-4 wins is realistic. Ceiling is 6 unless something “magical” happens. Bottom is 2. For me, three would disappointing but improvement. Less would be a disaster. More than 4 is worth a party.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
@ Utah State … Loss but closer than the experts think.

Central Conn … WIN

Syracuse University … WIN

@ Michigan … loss

@ NC State … loss

Fresno State … Loss

@ Florida International … WIN

@ Ball State … loss

Boston College …Toss up though they have the offensive line and quarterback who is good.

UMass … WIN

Liberty University … Win

@ Army … loss

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm going with 3 and I don't wanna go higher. I think Utah St may be a reality check for a lot of us, myself included. All I ask for, and I feel like I look for this every year and never see it, is for us to be competitive throughout the game. Last season we'd make the 1Q close and sometimes hang tight through the first half. Then the doors got blown off. I just want to feel like we have a shot in the majority of games this year.

Give me only 1-2 games where I'd rather be raking leaves, instead of 8-9, and I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
You'll never lose your wallet betting against UConn.

My heart says 4, my brain says 2 over CCSU and UMass.

Reaction Score
@Utah St = UConn's defense keeps them in a low-scoring game until the fourth quarter where the altitude finally gets to the Huskies. Still, a last second field goal can win it or lose it. W or L

vs CCSU =Feeling good about themselves, the Huskies roll over their instate rival by 21. W

vs Syracuse. Back & forth, back & forth, sloppy play for both teams. Under the lights another last minute field goal either wins it or loses it. W or L.

@ Michigan. Unsure of themselves UConn is down 17 at the half only scoring once. The Huskies score twice in the second half but Michigan dominates time of possession. They lose by around 30. L

@ NC ST. More questions than answers as UConn loses by more than 25. L

vs Fresno St. The Bulldogs start the season with two winnable home games then a trip to USC. Then they have a week off to prepare for UConn who will be limping into the Rent with no time off. Advantage Bulldogs. L

@ FIU. Charlton's Pro-Spread(or whatever they are gonna call it) offense starts to click finally and UConn dominates time of possession for a change and win by at least 20. W

@ Ball St. UConn looks good on both sides of the ball even though Ball St is much better than FIU. UConn's coaching staff making the right decisions late win it. W

vs BC. The ball bounces UConn's way for a change yet the game comes down to some last minute heroics by one side or another. W or L.

vs UMass. UConn's D looks good but the offense really shines as Charlton's schemes keep UMass guessing. The Huskies win by around 20. W

Vs Liberty. This game either gets them win # 6 or positions themselves for win # 6 the following week. Either way the Huskies have this won by the fourth quarter. W.

@ Army. Uconn hasn't faced this type of offense all year and even though they keep it close for most of the game Army still grinds the husky defense down and wins by at least 10. L

Bottom line: 5 games they should win. 7 games they could win.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
'Give me only 1-2 games where I'd rather be raking leaves, instead of 8-9'
that's a lot of leaves. u should get a blower, or a goat.
I hate raking leaves so much that I take it one small section at a time!! Makes me able to tell the wife that at least I did something with the leaves! :D

Reaction Score
1659970599604.jpeg

Reaction Score
Utah State - L
CCSU - W
Cuse - L
Michigan - L
NC State - L
Fresno - L
FIU - W
Ball State - W
BC - L
UMass - W
Liberty - L
Army - L

4-8

Reaction Score
This could be a 6 win season, which hopefully, even though we don't have a bowl tie in, should translate to a minor bowl, and that is a huge success given the state of the program over the last few years.

USU - w
CCSU - w
Cuse - l
Michigan - l
NC State - l
Fresno - l
FIU - w
Ball State - w
BC - w
UMass - w
Liberty - w
Army - w

I think we can will be competitive vs BC , Cuse and Army.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Honestly, I have a tough time finding a loss on the schedule:

@ Utah State … The Aggies look past us to their game the following week against 'Bama. WIN

Central Conn … This is Central's Super Bowl, and we beat them like the 49ers beat the Broncos in Super Bowl XXIV. WIN

Syracuse University … We show the Orange who really owns the Big Apple. WIN

@ Michigan … Coach Mora takes a cue from the movie "Hoosiers" and measures the end zones in the Big House with the team before the game. This calms their nerves and they play lights out. WIN

@ NC State … NC State freaks out after watching us beat Michigan in the Big House. WIN

Fresno State … These jokers can's adjust to the cold Connecticut weather! WIN

@ Florida International … Do they still have a football team? WIN

@ Ball State … No way we lose to a team from a school best known for canning jars. WIN

Boston College … We're due. WIN

UMass … See FIU. WIN

Liberty University … Our men are motivated by the chance of an undefeated season and extinguish the Flames. WIN

@ Army … UCONN's air assault offense and stout D-line overwhelm the future Rangers. WIN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom