Your top 10 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Your top 10

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Shoes, stats do not show how the team is playing now. If you watched the SEC tournament, you saw defense that was superb in all three games MSST played. iMHO, this defense is better than any previous MSST team. This team has gelled!

I'm just a realist.

We were dominant in the SEC Tourney, but we faced a WNIT team, a team that is as NCAA bubble as it gets & an NCAAT team that likely won't be at home the first 2 rounds. Those aren't great measures.

I see teams getting many more open looks than I've seen the last two years. They can be very good and likely will be, but I have concerns.

Reaction Score
I'm just a realist.

We were dominant in the SEC Tourney, but we faced a WNIT team, a team that is as NCAA bubble as it gets & an NCAAT team that likely won't be at home the first 2 rounds. Those aren't great measures.

I see teams getting many more open looks than I've seen the last two years. They can be very good and likely will be, but I have concerns.
Shoes, it is not just who you play but how you play. Defense is defense regardless of who you play. Where we have had problems in the past was against hot shooting from outside, Missouri was the team that beat us at home and they burned the nets from long range but last time we played they still were hot but our defense played Vic style and we beat them by 15 on a neutral court. That is why I say the defense has gelled. We did the same thing against both Tennessee and Arkansas. I may be overly optimistic but I think we can play with anyone. As Vic has said defense travels and I do not believe any team is going to have an easy game against our guys!

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
but I think we can play with anyone. As Vic has said defense travels and I do not believe any team is going to have an easy game against our guys!

I absolutely agree!

Reaction Score
Shoes is right, this MSU team is only average defensively. The SEC is down this year. Notice that nobody had more than 1 SEC team listed in their Top 10 to win it all. ACC has ND, Lou and Miami getting votes. We have allowed great players to have HUGE scoring nights...Sophie, Chelsea Dungee, BCM for SC. We're MUCH better offensively than I thought we'd be. But this team ain't even close to being as good defensively as the 2016 team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom