Your level of excitement for this season? | The Boneyard

Your level of excitement for this season?

Rate your level of excitement for this season, relative to this time last year

• More excited for this season than last

• As excited for this season as last

• Less excited for this season than last

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Was discussing with a friend yesterday that, while we are excited as always for another UConn basketball season, we feel a bit less anticipation / excitement for this season than last.

Came down to a couple reasons for us:
  1. Though the buzz around the program couldn't be higher, there is something about the climb back to national relevance and being "slept on" that fires you up a little bit more
  2. In the year coming off a championship it can be hard to feel like the only outcomes for the season are to do as well or worse than you did the year before
Was wondering if this was just us, or if others are feeling similarly? Regardless, still fired up. Looking forward to another year of games and Boneyard shenanigans

Reaction Score
Was discussing with a friend yesterday that, while we are excited as always for another UConn basketball season, we feel a bit less anticipation / excitement for this season than last.

Came down to a couple reasons for us:
  1. Though the buzz around the program couldn't be higher, there is something about the climb back to national relevance and being "slept on" that fires you up a little bit more
  2. In the year coming off a championship it can be hard to feel like the only outcomes for the season are to do as well or worse than you did the year before
Was wondering if this was just us, or if others are feeling similarly? Regardless, still fired up. Looking forward to another year of games and Boneyard shenanigans
Very excited to see what the freshmen can do, how Spencer fits in, and what kind of leaps DC and AK make. Not to mention seeing what SJ can do and having essentially two point guards on the floor at the same time.

Reaction Score
I'm a little less excited because I know going back to back is statistically unlikely. That makes me a bit anxious. Honestly, everything makes me anxious, so what do I know?

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Always get a little tingle in my nethers at the start of the season. No different this year than any other. !

Reaction Score
Higher because we know what this team is capable of. Very excited to watch Castle and the other freshman along with a loaded OOC slate of games. Last year we came off a first round loss and really didn't know if the team would gel.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t have my answer. Same as always I am so excited that Husky hoops is back and ready to go. Maybe I’m more excited in way because the Yankees and Giants absolutely suck lol.

But reality is no matter what the roster looks like since Jimmy C it’s always a great day when they open up and another year to love being a Husky fan!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Always get a little tingle in my nethers at the start of the season.
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Reaction Score
I feel like this start of this season is a unique combination of factors: coming off a title, a familiar-ish squad that is capable of repeating along with releasing the Clingan, and a much-hyped incoming freshmen class.

Reaction Score
Feel some good luck coming again this year, all the real contenders losing before we get to them, opponents all bizarrely having bad shooting games against UConn, refs leaning over as usual to give us favorable whistles and each UConn players having their "*Monk" offensive games when needed.

*Monk game = Kentucky kid early on had super/duper shooting game in 2016 where scored 47 points against UNCheat and couldn't miss, since then whenever someone shots out of his call it his Monk game.

2004 and 2014 and 2024 will have something in common, let me think what that could be.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Most highly anticipated season I can remember. Maybe since 11-12, but that was for different reasons. So many storylines to be excited about...
  • Can we defend our national title?
  • Do we secure a Big East tourney and/or regular season title?
  • Does Clingan play like an All-American?
  • Where will Clingan/Castle/Karaban land on the draft boards come April?
  • Does Samson Johnson finally break out?
  • Who emerges among the 5 freshmen?
  • How do fare against fellow blue bloods/premier programs when we play Kansas, North Carolina, Indiana, Gonzaga?
  • Can we declare once and for all that Ryan Kalkbrenner is just big?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Can’t wait to see Big Don unleashed.

Will Cam be Joey on super steroids?

How great will Castle be?

Can we get to the rack/dunk (and lobs) as much or more than last year (remember that stretch a number of years back when it would be the rare game we would have a single dunk?)?

Those are the 4 things I am really excited for.

Reaction Score
More excited than any season I can remember since 2003-2004 when I fully expected a national championship.
Totally agree with this. Lot of fresh blood I'm anxious to see.

Reaction Score
I am always excited, I put more because we r starting the season in the top ten for the first time in ages and should get a lot of national attention. I think this will be a great year for exposure to the program and that has me excited in a lot of different ways

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I voted less excited. I am excited, but last year I thought we had a championship caliber team and we were coming off of a very bad stretch. There was a lot of extra excitement involved in seeing UConn return to its rightful place. There is less in seeing us stay there.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My daughter and I had the displeasure in sitting in the middle of a bunch of obnoxious Marquette fans during our loss at the BET. I want to see us beat them at least twice this season.

Reaction Score
Very excited and hopeful.

At noon, I begin my annual tradition of replaying all of UConn's championship games as the lead-in to the season opener. Thankfully, it's going to take a bit longer than it did last year! :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm very excited. We got guys that play team ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom