OT: - Your house is……. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Your house is…….

Reaction Score
Since the person is most likely going to spend some time in prison, there's a certain Nirvana song you could have playing that would really torment the person.

Reaction Score
Aside: There's a story about a DJ in the late 60's who'd just been fired and barricaded himself in the station and vowed to play "My boyfriend's back" by FZ and the Mothers till he was rehired. I don't remember how it turned out, but supposedly he broadcast the record many many times before finally being taken off the air.
Warning; sideways swerve ahead...
Concerning the DJ story - I remember listening to the "Rusty Potts Show" where he supposedly locked himself in the booth to protest something, or maybe he got fired, and he played Melanie's "Bitter Bad" over and over. I couldn't remember the radio station so I looked on YT and several comments for this link say that it was WCCC, which was 107.7 back then if memory serves correctly. It would have been late 60s or early 70s because I was listening to a lot of rock radio back then. I think this stunt lasted for almost 24 hours but I didn't listen that long (for obvious reasons...)

Reaction Score
Your house is broken into and your security system automatically calls the police, locks the doors so the burglar can’t escape and the system automatically plays a song as an alarm. What song do you choose?

Is there a song called "How could I be so stupid?" Locking yourself in with a desperate and now trapped criminal isn't very smart. Does the SWAT team know that you aren't the burglar?

I worked with an active holdup alarm system and I instructed the employees to wait until the thief left the building before pressing the button. Otherwise you are asking for a Dog Day Afternoon scenario. My experience has been that it could take 15 minutes before the police show up for a holdup alarm and when I asked why I was told "to avoid a hostage situation". That's reality.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm with Rocket009 and Hoops66. If someone violates my space, I wanna punish them. I'm assuming that anyone who'd break into a house wouldn't have, shall we say, as open a mind to noisy music as I do. I'll post three, and anyone who likes noisy music and isn't familiar with them should definitely have a listen. I own or have owned all of these.

The first is from native Nutmegger Charles Ives, and does give a bit of a chain-gang feel.
Speaking of chain gang.

Back On the Chain Gang - The Pretenders

Reaction Score
There are many possibilities from Frank Zappa -- I'd originally thought of a couple cuts from Weasels Ripped my Flesh, but then the cackling from Lumpy Gravy occurred to me. This starts out pretty mellow, but degenerates into one of the most obnoxious sounds at about the 1:00 mark.

Aside: There's a story about a DJ in the late 60's who'd just been fired and barricaded himself in the station and vowed to play "My boyfriend's back" by FZ and the Mothers till he was rehired. I don't remember how it turned out, but supposedly he broadcast the record many many times before finally being taken off the air.

Where do you find this stuff? I assume that you listened one time through these 3 gems, but my question is: have you ever listened to them twice? I bet even Hannibal Lecter would have pleaded for mercy! Hat's off to your eclectic collections!
BTW, I was able to get through my one and only trip into all three of these beauties. Never again!

Reaction Score
I'm with Rocket009 and Hoops66. If someone violates my space, I wanna punish them. I'm assuming that anyone who'd break into a house wouldn't have, shall we say, as open a mind to noisy music as I do. I'll post three, and anyone who likes noisy music and isn't familiar with them should definitely have a listen. I own or have owned all of these.

The first is from native Nutmegger Charles Ives, and does give a bit of a chain-gang feel.

Another one from Ives that will drive 'em crazy.

Reaction Score
If you know the dude doesn't like the Grateful Dead, play this track. At 46 and a half minutes, it's their longest jam.

Reaction Score
hqdefault-353017425.jpg

over and over and over for hours and hours and hours

Reaction Score
Hey, who am I to question the musical chops of the US Southern Command?

From The Mercury News:

The invasion playlist. If there’s one thing people remember about the U.S. invasion of Panama in 1989-90, it’s that the U.S. military played loud music outside the Vatican embassy, where Noriega was holed up. But what was played? AC/DC has laid claim. The Clash and Van Halen also get frequent mentions.

It turns out the U.S. Southern Command actually kept track of the broadcast and included it in the “after action report” for what was known as Operation Just Cause. (That was the whole invasion. The standoff outside the embassy was Operation Nifty Package.) The document, part of the National Security Archive at George Washington University, lists dozens of songs, many of them with titles referring to Noriega’s situation:

• Danger Zone, Kenny Loggins
  • Give It Up, K.C. and the Sunshine Band
  • All Over But the Crying, Georgia Satellites
  • Cleaning Up the Town, the Bus Boys
  • Run Like Hell, Pink Floyd
  • Never Gonna Give You Up, Rick Astley (They rickrolled Noriega?)
  • Eat My Shorts, Rick Dees (Seriously, Rick Dees. I’d be giving myself up right then. But, hey, it wasn’t “Disco Duck.”)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Where do you find this stuff? I assume that you listened one time through these 3 gems, but my question is: have you ever listened to them twice? I bet even Hannibal Lecter would have pleaded for mercy! Hat's off to your eclectic collections!
BTW, I was able to get through my one and only trip into all three of these beauties. Never again!
As I said, I've owned all that I posted. I had the Pere Ubu on cassette, so don't have it any more. I'm not sure I'd buy it again even if it wasn't available on Youtube. The Ives is tacked onto the end of the CD of, I think, the Fourth Symphony (pretty noisy in its own right). The Zappa is in the middle of a wonderful, if avant garde, work, which I listen to a lot.

Thanks for listening -- you're brave. Oh, and I listen to the Shaggs once or twice a year. Mostly to try to figure out what Frank Zappa saw in them. I'll admit I have a soft spot for Foot Foot.

Reaction Score
More Frank to the rescue - I think I'd want our home invader to keep wondering all night long if that was a real Mexican Poncho or a Sears poncho? By 5am he might be trying to flush himself down the toilet.

Reaction Score
This is twisted I’m all in. Most peeps won’t know these but maybe Payback by Slayer. Gemini by Slayer is pretty twisted too as is their version of Richard Hung Himself. But it could be really creepy to entrap them in the dark and expose them to John Carpenter’s Halloween song.

Now you know why nobody likes me everybody hates me I think I’ll eat some worms….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom