Your feelings on sweaters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Your feelings on sweaters

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Love how this turned into a thread of boneyarders posting pictures of guys they wish they looked like.
At least it’s not embarrassing bicep pictures, am I right?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, what are the circumstances in which you're confronted with the question of whether or not you should wear a shirt?
Probably only in those areas where it’s really unclear whether or not you need one, like restaurants.

Reaction Score
It screams old fuddy duddy to me.

It does to a certain extent, but I'm okay with that as long as everything fits well. I'm a bit shy of 40 y/o and don't get any negative comments about my crewneck/oxford shirt combination. Really you just have to make sure the neck size of your shirt is on point; too many men don't know how clothes should fit and wear collared shirts that are a half to full size too large and that can ruin the layered look of a sweater.

You can find pics of any of these styles where it's well-executed or poorly executed. And of course pics of handsome men who can pull off any look don't really help.

I'm going more for this look.
View attachment 49369

I dabbled in this look 10-12 years ago but couldn't do it. It felt like some no-man's land where you're not dressed up but it's not smart casual. It's become the uniform of dads who want to put in minimal effort to "dressing up". I put on a Patagonia/LL Bean fleece instead of that if I want to go casual/without a button-down shirt layered underneath.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
61HF4ykynnL._UX385_.jpg

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Kind of but I hated them when I was a skinny kid, they're like sweaty straight jackets. I'm not even big, like 5'10 220 lbs. but I know xl sweaters would be too tignt. There are so many huge and fat Americans, I have no clue where they shop. Big and Tall must make a killing.

I also have no clue how all these posters can wear a button down under a sweater, pretty good look but sounds so uncomfortble and hot under normal conditions and everyone has the women in the office who want the heat jacked up.

I made the thread to piggyback the most hated sports terms thread, we are in the offseason after all....
Try XXL. at 5-10 220 that should be a fit.

Reaction Score
The Walmart cocaine sweater is all time and I'd buy it if I could. It's def a must wear. Could be made out of straw idgaf

View attachment 49332

Haven’t tried to buy myself (yet) but here’s one link I found

... or if Kermit is more your guy...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Haven’t tried to buy myself (yet) but here’s one link I found

... or if Kermit is more your guy...

I'm gonna be real picky rn, but there's there's def a step down going on here. On Walmart's, notice how the snow crystals go all over the entire sweater, sleeves and all. The different weighting of individual snow flakes. The red color detailing on the collar and cuffs. Santa has an actual skin tone instead of looking like a skeleton. etc

The Walmart one is truly a tour de force.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna be real picky rn, but there's there's def a step down going on here. On Walmart's, notice how the snow crystals go all over the entire sweater, sleeves and all. The different weighting of individual snow flakes. The red color detailing on the collar and cuffs. Santa has an actual skin tone instead of looking like a skeleton. etc

The Walmart one is truly a tour de force.
They have that original on amazon but only in small

Reaction Score
I put on a sweater this morning. Made the 3 minute walk to my car and I already regret the choice

Reaction Score
A thin quarter zip merino over a dress shirt at work is pretty comfortable.
But why over a dress shirt? Too hot. Why can’t we just wear the quarter zip? Plus it’s two shirts= one extra to clean. Just my thoughts. If I’m wearing a dress shirt I’m not wearing a sweater over it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom