Your feelings on sweaters | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Your feelings on sweaters

Reaction Score
What? Hate the collared shirt underneath look (and feel). This is the right look:

View attachment 49360

Oh that looks great.....on a model. Not on Uncle Jim who isn't 155 lbs with a 32 inch waist.

Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 11.42.09 PM.png

Reaction Score
With Deep on this collared shirt or nice collared polo a must on round collar sweater. Mocks are still a good look with round or quarter zip. Quarter zip with a real high tee maybe on the casual side.

I wear golf wind style jackets with collar or mock with the company name or quarter zips wind with the same. Even have the short sleeve style also for spring and fall.

Everyone has their own!
Had a lot these from West Wind.

Reaction Score
Can we talk about the sweater guy who doesn't wear a collared shirt under it? I think a requirement is a collard shirt of some sort. Even a dickie like Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation is better than the guy with no other shirt underneath, a size too small and man .

Agreed. It is the classic Americana/New England look. It's an incredibly versatile look as well: it can be worn to the office or on the weekends with jeans while still looking put-together.

It also cracks me up when people complain about how itchy wool sweaters are when they're wearing a crewneck with just a short-sleeve t-shirt underneath. Outside of it looking good (IMO), people started wearing collared shirts underneath because it keeps the wool of the sweater off your neck and wrists.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is serious. 40 sweaters?! That's about 4 times more than you need to do laundry at a reasonable rate.

Haha! We all have our silly interests. Those who own 50+ pairs of shoes or 1,000+ DVD/BluRay/whatever. My collection has built up over the years though it has finally plateaued, much to my wife's approval. I have eight or so that I wear regularly--a plain navy blue Shetland crewneck gets the most wear by a wide margin--and the rest only get worn a few times each winter.

The laundering situation isn't bad. I always wear a button-down shirt underneath so the sweaters don't touch my skin. I handwash the most commonly worn sweaters at the end of the season; the ones that don't get a lot of wear are washed every few years unless there's an incident.

Reaction Score
I don't wear them anymore. Wool is too itchy, cashmere is too clingy, cotton the most comfortable but still too confining. They all trap too much body heat. Thoughts?

Same as my feeling on the American Conference...hate them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Used to sit near windows at work, and needed fleeces all year long. Either the a/c or the outside cold.

When I am working in the cube farm the office is kept at 68. Every guy has a light jacket on their chair. Even in July you'll see guys with jackets sitting at desks.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I wear a sweater almost everyday from mid-Autumn to mid-Spring.

Reaction Score
Can we talk about the sweater guy who doesn't wear a collared shirt under it? I think a requirement is a collard shirt of some sort. Even a dickie like Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation is better than the guy with no other shirt underneath, a size too small and man .
Couldn’t disagree more with this. Tshirt under a sweater is so much more comfortable as long as dressing down a bit is appropriate. That being said, putting anything other than a hoody over your tshirt is considered dressy at my clients.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With Deep on this collared shirt or nice collared polo a must on round collar sweater. Mocks are still a good look with round or quarter zip. Quarter zip with a real high tee maybe on the casual side.

I wear golf wind style jackets with collar or mock with the company name or quarter zips wind with the same. Even have the short sleeve style also for spring and fall.

Everyone has their own!

I don't count the quarter-zips as sweaters at all. They have their own collars. I wear t-shirts in complementary colors underneath.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Agreed. It is the classic Americana/New England look. It's an incredibly versatile look as well: it can be worn to the office or on the weekends with jeans while still looking put-together.

It also cracks me up when people complain about how itchy wool sweaters are when they're wearing a crewneck with just a short-sleeve t-shirt underneath. Outside of it looking good (IMO), people started wearing collared shirts underneath because it keeps the wool of the sweater off your neck and wrists.

It screams old fuddy duddy to me. I don't need more "ok Boomer" in my life (I'm Gen X dammit!) You end up looking like the Dad in A Christmas Story.

I'm going more for this look.
0731516000016_Z93073_603_A.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't count the quarter-zips as sweaters at all. They have their own collars. I wear t-shirts in complementary colors underneath.
It screams old fuddy duddy to me. I don't need more "ok Boomer" in my life (I'm Gen X dammit!) You end up looking like the Dad in A Christmas Story.

View attachment 49369
The money move there is to wear an undershirt in the secondary color on the sweater. For example, the navy blue in the logo on that maroon 1/4 zip. Many of my 1/4 zips have a contrast stripe or other design on the inside of the collar, so I try to wear an undershirt that matches that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

View attachment 49369
1577117930068.png

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

A. I don't count the quarter zip as a sweater for one, so I'm thinking crew neck and v neck.

B. Also, if I wear a collared dress shirt I've got a new dry cleaning bill. So I avoid that when it isn't worn by itself.

C. I'm 70 pounds heavier than that guy (but otherwise just as handsome @superjohn)

Reaction Score
A. I don't count the quarter zip as a sweater for one, so I'm thinking crew neck and v neck.

B. Also, if I wear a collared dress shirt I've got a new dry cleaning bill. So I avoid that when it isn't worn by itself.

C. I'm 70 pounds heavier than that guy (but otherwise just as handsome @superjohn)
hahaha. Merry Christmas!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Sweaters were great in the late 80s. They died with the grunge era. They are uncomfortable, unflattering, and make the person wearing it look old. If you must wear a shirt, wear one that is tailored with a color and pattern that complements your complexion.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Pure nonsense. I'd love to see how some of you guys dress.

I described how I dress (for work and going out) in the second part of my post: If you must wear a shirt, wear one that is tailored with a color and pattern that complements your complexion.

Reaction Score
I described how I dress (for work and going out) in the second part of my post: If you must wear a shirt, wear one that is tailored with a color and pattern that complements your complexion.

Out of curiosity, what are the circumstances in which you're confronted with the question of whether or not you should wear a shirt?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom