Your Favorite Eatery Near the XL Center | The Boneyard

Your Favorite Eatery Near the XL Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was just wondering where some of you regular visitors to the XL Center like to eat.

Reaction Score
If it's a big (i.e, nationally-televised and busy) game, I go to Trumbull Kitchen. They know how to get everyone in and out in record time.

If it's after a game and I want to chill a little more, I got to Dish and sit at the bar (or a nearby bar table) to eat.

Finally, for wonderful Middle Eastern food (when I don't want a drink) and it's cold out, I get a sampler plate at Aladdin Restaurant on Trumbull.

(And I can't tell you where I eat between sessions for the Big East tournament, because then you'll all go there and it will be as crowded as the nearby places.)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I was just wondering where some of you regular visitors to the XL Center like to eat.
1st time to the XL Center or trying to see if there's anything else out there Downtown?

Reaction Score
1st time to the XL Center or trying to see if there's anything else out there Downtown?
I like Vaughan's Public House on Pratt Street, half a block from the XL Center.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
City Steam or Coaches are both very good.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I like the coffee shop in the Hilton. Convenience trumps gastronomy. You can park in the lot, enter the lobby (level 2) without going outside, then go on the enclosed ramp to the arena without going outside again. Car to courtside with a roof constantly overhead. And the food and service and ambience are acceptable if not unforgettable.

Reaction Score
Not 1st time, been going since the late 70's. I usually eat on the way over, or at home before I go. I used to like the old Mexican place which was inside the building.

Reaction Score
Max Bibo's on Trumbull Street (across from the XL Center) has good light fare (sandwiches, salads, soups). However, the tables are upstairs, so you have to be able to cart your tray of food up one flight if you're planning to eat in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom