OT: - Your favorite country folk songs | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: Your favorite country folk songs

Reaction Score
"If I Needed You" is a song written by Townes Van Zandt and performed on his 1972 album The Late Great Townes Van Zandt. It was covered 9 years later by American country music artists Emmylou Harris and Don Williams as a duet, and was released in September 1981 as the first single from Harris' album Cimarron.
Also wrote Pancho & Lefty - huge influence on the whole country scene.

Reaction Score
Poco - "Heart of the Night"

"In the heart of the night
In the cool southern rain
There's a full moon in sight
Shining down on the Pontchartrain"

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's some Portuguese folk music from Amalia Rodrigues, the queen of fado:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And how about some reggae versions of songs that have been posted to this thread? First up, Toots and the Maytals singing Take Me Home Country Roads:

Reaction Score
"Oh, the wind blows cold in the Land of the Navajo"

David Grisman, Jerry Garcia, Vassar Clements - the group was called "Old and in the Way"

Reaction Score
One of my favorite live performances ever. Fantasia singing Lady Marmalade at a tribute for the great Patti Labelle. At the end, Miss Patti looks like she is about to levitate.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite live performances ever. Fantasia singing Lady Marmalade at a tribute for the great Patti Labelle. At the end, Miss Patti looks like she is about to levitate.

Once again, I landed in the wrong thread. I seem to malfunction in this thread fairly often. I tried to delete it and put it in the Songs that make you happy thread, but it popped back up here just to mock me. My only defense is that the performance is so good that it deserves to be in multiple threads. Slinking off now...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom