Your experiences with streaming ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Your experiences with streaming ESPN

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I am frustrated when it comes to streaming our games on ESPN3. The screen is terribly pixilated and there are frequent freezes while the system buffers.

We don't have this issue when it comes to streaming other services like Netflix so I don't think it is necessarily a problem with the signal strength from our ISP.

So I am wondering if others have noticed a difference in quality between ESPN3's feed and that of other services.

That being said, I am grateful that there is this option. Sometimes a pixilated Husky is better than no Husky at all!
I live in Alabama, and the SNY site was blacked out in my area! Not sure why that would be, but I watched it on ESPN3 via Roku stick and Charter Spectrum cable. No problems, but they cut away at halftime and show some previously recorded ACC men's basketball stuff that is meaningless. I previously watched ESPN3 on my laptop and connected to the TV via HDMI cable. That method often froze or pixelated when watching games.

Reaction Score
but they cut away at halftime and show some previously recorded ACC men's basketball stuff that is meaningless.

ESPN3 has been showing that same clip at the half of all SNY games since NOVEMBER!

Reaction Score
We pay for 75Mbps, but actually get 25. It was pretty bad on both of our computers, but works great on our Xbox one. Go figure.

Reaction Score
I live in cow country. Internet speed is 3.6 MB/sec., tops. It often falls below 3 MB/sec. I watch ESPN3 via Sling. 720 P. There is an occasional buffering issue. But I attribute that to the internet provider (or martians). Otherwise, the games are watchable.

Reminder to all (to the extent applicable). If you have DLS (or cable?), reboot your modem/router on a fairly regular basis. Flush your cache. Restart your appliances. Run a speed test if in doubt.

Reaction Score
I live in cow country. Internet speed is 3.6 MB/sec., tops. It often falls below 3 MB/sec. I watch ESPN3 via Sling. 720 P. There is an occasional buffering issue. But I attribute that to the internet provider (or martians). Otherwise, the games are watchable.

Reminder to all (to the extent applicable). If you have DLS (or cable?), reboot your modem/router on a fairly regular basis. Flush your cache. Restart your appliances. Run a speed test if in doubt.

Don't forget that Mbps is 'mega bits per second', not 'megabytes per second'. Take the megabits per second and divide by 8, and that's about what you're getting in megabytes per second. Not that knowing that will improve your connection, of course.

Reaction Score
When the game starts, if we have had it on the screen that says "Your game will start soon," or whatever, there is no sound. We have to close that window, open another and go to Watchespn all over again. Not a big deal, really. Twice during the game, we lost 30-60 seconds as the system seemed to catch its breath. Not great, but only two. What I find annoying beyond belief is first, that they switch back and forth among ESPN commercials and SNY commercials. There often are two false starts before the actual commercial begins. And second, speaking of commercials, they play the same ones over and over again. There is that black/white deodorant, which I promise you I will never use, and an infinite number of promotions of NBA basketball.

Third, there is the one and only set of halftime videos: The interview with a panel of men's coaches, which was interesting the first two times I saw it, and the interview with Mike K, in which I found out he is 70 years old and very little else except the latest dish about that guy who kept tripping opponents. Yawn, and yawn again. Maybe oin a few games they will invest in a couple of new interviews, but I am not holding my breath.

Reaction Score
Don't forget that Mbps is 'mega bits per second', not 'megabytes per second'. Take the megabits per second and divide by 8, and that's about what you're getting in megabytes per second. Not that knowing that will improve your connection, of course.
Thanks; you are correct. Current speed: 3.62 Mbps (megabits per second).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom