Young Mr. Summitt | The Boneyard

Young Mr. Summitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if he was the next UT head coach.

Reaction Score
In the recent 60 Minutes Sports piece on Summitt at LaTech, there was a segment showing detailed and extensive play books created by Tyler's mother at Tennessee that he was using on his coaching job. I was surprised at this, since I would think the material would be the property of the vols, and not Tyler or LaTech.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
He was getting his butt handed to him tonight in the first half against a suspect LSU team. LSU closed the first half on a 30-3 run.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Momma did what she could. The name-what a burden for him - a resume full of head coach at summer camps...Pat's. His LaTech team is in the Tenn mold. Including with Mickie DeMoss calling the shoots more often than not. LaTech is a good spot for him - low expectations. But let us not pretend he earned that job.

Reaction Score
In the recent 60 Minutes Sports piece on Summitt at LaTech, there was a segment showing detailed and extensive play books created by Tyler's mother at Tennessee that he was using on his coaching job. I was surprised at this, since I would think the material would be the property of the vols, and not Tyler or LaTech.

If any of it is the property of Tennessee, don't you think they would give him permission to use it? Would look pretty petty, given who created it, if they didn't.

Reaction Score
.But let us not pretend he earned that job.

Must be rough. After 1-2 years as an assistant at a mediocre program, get a pretty good HC job. Get one of the best assistants in the country to be your top assistant.

I had to chuckle at one article where everyone was talking about how he was "around" all those TN teams growing up and thus was ready to coach.

Reaction Score
Not too many college girls are going to do twenty push ups every time they sneeze for a guy who is barely older than they are with no experience. If he can get them to respect him maybe he 's got something going. It is all about winning. I watched a couple of clips and heard him yelling about defense and rebounding. Where have I heard that before...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not too many college girls are going to do twenty push ups every time they sneeze for a guy who is barely older than they are with no experience. If he can get them to respect him maybe he 's got something going. It is all about winning. I watched a couple of clips and heard him yelling about defense and rebounding. Where have I heard that before...

From every coach in America?

Reaction Score
I also saw the 60 minutes piece..... I came away with a good opinion of him..... the piece I thought was well done and framed him well....

The game tonight didn't help give me insight on what kind of game coach he is....... the cameras filming the game did not point the way of the benches...... I was looking forward to seeing what maneuvers he would make during game on the fly..... what kind of sets he would call for etc...... i am sure La Tech will be on again though......

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It's his first season in Ruston so it's too soon to arrive at any conclusions. Tech was able to have a big time program before more of the major state universities started putting more money behind WBB. I don't think any coach could get them back to their glory days. If Tyler is able to regain respectability at Tech, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Tennessee after Holly retires/is driven off/gets fired. I think their fans would demand it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wish him well. I'll be rooting for LaTech ... even though they wear that hideous shade of blue :mad:

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Tyler's team played a much better second half playing LSU even. He made some bold decisions taking over the team letting four players go right out of the shoot and giving a scholarship back to a kid with a tough story who had gotten her life back together in the National Guard. It may be a long season but sounds like he is his own man and the courage of his convictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom