Young Mr. Summitt | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Young Mr. Summitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you shoot 7.1 in the first half, it's not that difficult to improve in the second.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
He's killing time, learning his lessons, and getting ready to go Orange. Probably in 5-10 years, if he improves and gets really good. If he doesn't.

Reaction Score
I think it's notable that LaTech hired from a "royal family", after letting go of their own heiress-apparent.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I'll always be grateful to Tyler for providing me with my very favorite opportunity for a post here on the Boneyard. A couple years ago, young Summitt was on the bench as assistant coach during a monumental smackdown of Marquette by UConn. I couldn't resist:

"Now I know why Momma told me to never come up here to play."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I mean...what could possibly be in those books?
Rizzotticover.jpg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think it's notable that LaTech hired from a "royal family", after letting go of their own heiress-apparent.

Remembet when LA Tech refused to give Mulkey a 5 year contract, so she went to Baylor instead. Ahhhh.....good times.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
easttexastrash said:
Remembet when LA Tech refused to give Mulkey a 5 year contract, so she went to Baylor instead. Ahhhh.....good times.

Yep! And I remember thinking then it was a stupid decision. Still do!

Baylor got the best end of that deal IMO

Reaction Score

I know that is what's been reported, but I really don't believe that was the full/accurate story. I think there was other stuff going on.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
He is very organized. Given the state of the program. It will take some time too build it back up. The program had its first ever losing season last year. Recruiting these next few classes will go a long way in how the program does.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I know that is what's been reported, but I really don't believe that was the full/accurate story. I think there was other stuff going on.

What are you basing that on?

Reaction Score
What are you basing that on?
It was a long time ago so I can only somewhat recall but the whole thing was weird.

Mulkey supposedly loved LaTech, and yet she showed enough interest in Baylor for them to offer her a job?
Barmore abruptly resigned, which I assume was his way of clearing out so Mulkey could stay. But if they were such good colleagues, why was there not a more orderly transition?

Too many things never added up in my opinion.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It was a long time ago so I can only somewhat recall but the whole thing was weird.

Mulkey supposedly loved LaTech, and yet she showed enough interest in Baylor for them to offer her a job?
Barmore abruptly resigned, which I assume was his way of clearing out so Mulkey could stay. But if they were such good colleagues, why was there not a more orderly transition?

Too many things never added up in my opinion.
Isn't Barmore assisting Mulkey in Waco now?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I just figured she saw the writing on the wall. La. Tech was going the way of Immaculata and Delta State.

Reaction Score

Not that confusing. You think what happened at Immaculata and Louisiana Tech and Old Dominion can't happen here?

UConn is currently not in a Power 5 Conference. If the Power 5 breaks away, which they certainly will, where does that leave us? Not in a very good place.

I know some here don't think conference realignment will ever effect the women's hoop program or just ignore the issue because we are still recruiting well. But it can. And will if things don't change for us soon.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Not that confusing. You think what happened at Immaculata and Louisiana Tech and Old Dominion can't happen here?

UConn is currently not in a Power 5 Conference. If the Power 5 breaks away, which they certainly will, where does that leave us? Not in a very good place.

I know some here don't think conference realignment will ever effect the women's hoop program or just ignore the issue because we are still recruiting well. But it can. And will if things don't change for us soon.
That's true; how many WBB powers are in non-Power 5 conferences? In the current AP Top 25 there are only 2 - you at number 3 and DePaul at 25.

Reaction Score

NOPE, not till years after Geno retires. And then it would only be possible, not probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom