You Will Know Right Away On Saturday | The Boneyard

You Will Know Right Away On Saturday

Reaction Score
You will know right away on Saturday if a change in this team has taken place or if it will be more of the same. It will show itself in the patience in the passing, the movement on offense, the passing back out by the bigs, the lack of forcing drives and shots, and the intensity of the defense. The most revealing statistic will be turnovers. It will show if they are executing and following instructions that they have been given or just playing the game. I look to Nika to have to be the leader for any such transformation. Do you think we will see a change?

Reaction Score
We will see Saturday. I mean being off for a few days will either help or hurt. We all have seen teams that have a few days off, come on the court and it looks like they are still in vacation mode and there have been teams that have been off for a few days, come on the court and play refreshed basketball. Their legs are not heavy. Their minds are clear. They are just refreshed and playing some great basketball. We will see what we got Saturday.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I can't imagine we'll see a SUDDEN TRANSFORMATION. I'm hoping for an evolution/blending/mending. The team has been incredibly resilient. I want them not to have to be - to just be with each other, fully.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine we'll see a SUDDEN TRANSFORMATION. I'm hoping for an evolution/blending/mending. The team has been incredibly resilient. I want them not to have to be - to just be with each other, fully.
Agree. Let's just see more than a bit of progress, with an increased margin of victory compared to the previous 3 or four games.

sun

Reaction Score
You will know right away on Saturday if a change in this team has taken place or if it will be more of the same.
Not right away, but only after 40 minutes of play when the final horn sounds & the fat lady sings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not right away, but only after 40 minutes of play when the final horn sounds & the fat lady sings.
I think within 6 offensive possessions tops.

sun

Reaction Score
I think within 6 offensive possessions tops.
What if UConn falls apart in the 4th quarter or as the game goes on?
Or conversely, plays better as the game goes on?
What's the rush to draw a conclusion?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What if UConn falls apart in the 4th quarter?
It will be the changed team that falls apart, not the old one. Geno's last presser was very simple - They ain't listening. My guess is that they are listening to him intently right now. Whether it sinks in and affects their play, will be evident right away if they have in fact changed. If not, maybe the 30% on this site who think we are not winning the BE tournament are right. If you go on a diet, you start right away, not when you are just about finished eating.

Reaction Score
Is there a open media happening before teh tournament at all like what happens once a week during the regular season?

sun

Reaction Score
It will be the changed team that falls apart, not the old one. Geno's last presser was very simple - They ain't listening. My guess is that they are listening to him intently right now. Whether it sinks in and affects their play, will be evident right away if they have in fact changed. If not, maybe the 30% on this site who think we are not winning the BE tournament are right. If you go on a diet, you start right away, not when you are just about finished eating.
I think that the team can start out slow and still continue to improve as the game goes on.
Just like when Azzi has sometimes played, missing shots in the 1st 1/2 & making shots in the 2nd 1/2.
Games aren't usually won or lost in the first 6 possessions.
And we don't know if Azzi will be playing, how much or what her role will eventually be compared to what happens at the beginning of the next game.
Geno may even alter his game plan as the game progresses.
That's an option that he has when extra players are available that wouldn't be evident at the beginning of a game before players on both sides begin to exert themselves & start getting fatigued.
Every opponent presents different unique match ups & challenges.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is the score going to be the indicator or something else? This team has played down to their competition at times this year and I don't think they will do that this weekend. They know the importance of getting in tournament shape and that starts Saturday. My guess is they will come out and control the game from the start.

Really I think Caroline is the key. She really needs to start hitting her shots or they will struggle. If she is shooting then Lou will have a little more room to operate which will help her and they that opens up the inside game.

Reaction Score
Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers, could Paige have been a bad example? :confused: It seems like everyone thinks they have her passing ability.
It is simply not something we have seen with passes of all sorts trying to be executed this season. Full court half court and even between two defenders that ends up in a kicked ball.
Yes passing and sharing the ball is a UConn staple but it has to be done with the realization in recent years the competition has vastly improved. Maintaining possession of the ball is of paramount importance. 17, 18 a game will not allow the team to go far, cut that in half and we have a shot. :)

Reaction Score
Here's my litmus test:

If we have 5+ turnovers in the first 5 minutes, it could be a tough day.

If we have 4 or fewer in the first 10 minutes, I like our chances.
If the ill's of this team are fixable--Geno shall have them fixed. If Fudd shows up, the BE belongs to Uconn if not--it could go either way. But These KIDS didn't lose any game because they wanted to.
Some Chemistry class was missed and the mixture turned sour. Add acid or alkaline one or the other will bring it back to neutral.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom