You spoke, AD Dave Listens | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You spoke, AD Dave Listens

Reaction Score
I like all of this. But students are NOT the problem. They usually fill their section and they are always great at the games.

The problem is Ws.

Wholly crap! The last few years I thought I was at UCONN football games. Turns out I wasn't, because the games I was at the student section was maybe half full.

The home team did lose a lot though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Does appear that it is only free bus/pizza for spring game. Sorry to disappoint

Reaction Score
Wholly crap! The last few years I thought I was at UConn football games. Turns out I wasn't, because the games I was at the student section was maybe half full.

The home team did lose a lot though.
In fairness, by halfway through the season for the past few years one more cold beer from the cooler was more tempting than making it into the stadium for kickoff to watch us get our butts kicked because of a coaching staff that didn't have a clue. Throw a tailgate of college kids into the equation and it's hard to blame them.

For better or worse, most of our fan base only supports the winners. This MBB season was a prime example. Once we start winning again, the fans will show. No doubt in my mind.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
it's pretty simple psychology. If you tell people you can come for free but can't leave when you want, less people are going to come. A lot of people only plan to stay until halftime, so the key is keeping people there because they want to be there.
I think you are confusing simple psychology with simplistic psychology. I think now would be perfect time to say you can ride for free, here's when they leave Storrs and here's when they return. People are pretty flexible for "free stuff." If you want to leave at the half, make arrangements to drive or get a ride.

Sometimes low expectations tend to become self-fulfilling.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The student section is the least of this programs problems.

Reaction Score
Free bus was a necessary piece. The fact that kids had to pay to get driven to the off campus stadium was always BS
Free bus ride definitely helps, but really that was never a huge issue when I was in school (back when we won games).

Bus tickets were like $3 or something. The biggest hassle was the errand of going to buy them.

The bigger issue is getting students (and everyone else) to turn up when it's weather and we're 1-5. Solution: don't be 1-5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom