you only get one. which is it? | The Boneyard

you only get one. which is it?

you only get one for the rest of your days. which is it?

• cracker

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • chip

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • cookie

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
not which type/brand of each you prefer, just which category of snack you'd be good with forever, to the exclusion of the others.
an existential question, methinks.
Existential theory is a centuries-old philosophy. It embraces personal freedom and choice. It purports that humans choose their own existence and meaning. European philosopher Søren Kierkegaard is thought to be one of the first philosophers of existential theory. Friedrich Nietzsche and Jean-Paul Sartre followed him and further developed the ideas.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cookie-Monster-cookie-crumbs.jpg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
uh, oh. the early returns from Dixville Notch could be highly disappointing to the op. mebbe all that sugar is going to peoples heads, and making them overly emotional, or spiritual? i mean, iffn u want to see a seemingly calm and normal kid go absolutely bananas, and bounce around like a pingpong ball, just feed him/her a bucket of cookies. i know, and do this often when we take our youth program on a trip. strategic cookie disbursement, with a kicker of juice, garuntees their 'up' energy for the hike at hand, and similarily garuntees their crashing on the bus home.
a bus full of uncrashed kids only garuntees a very loud and boisterous trip home, mostly consisting of screams for ice cream, or cookies.
on the udder hand, i don't usually have much luck when offering rye triscuits, which often just results in some prankster throwing a towel or such, at me.

Reaction Score
not which type/brand of each you prefer, just which category of snack you'd be good with forever, to the exclusion of the others.
an existential question, methinks.
Existential theory is a centuries-old philosophy. It embraces personal freedom and choice. It purports that humans choose their own existence and meaning. European philosopher Søren Kierkegaard is thought to be one of the first philosophers of existential theory. Friedrich Nietzsche and Jean-Paul Sartre followed him and further developed the ideas.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky ( 1821 - 1881 ) was (IMO) an early Existentialist. He would have chosen chocolate chip
cookies during in "Prison Life in Siberia" (1861 - 1862 ). We don't need any more existential crises this
season... more wins! and more COOKIES! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
My wife makes a cookie with: milk, semi sweet and dark chocolate chips, plus crushed Butterfingers. Decadent!

Reaction Score
This is a question I pose annually to my students (and is tangentially related): If you could only eat foods starting with one letter of the alphabet, what letter would it be?

I always pick C because I get crackers, chips, cookies AND coffee, cream, champagne, carrots, chocolate, and chicken . . .

(P is one runner up: pizza, potatoes, prosecco, pancakes, peanut butter, . . . as is S: seafood, sushi, salad, etc.)

Reaction Score
Homemade oatmeal and molasses cookies.....mega good stuff.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Fyodor Dostoyevsky ( 1821 - 1881 ) was (IMO) an early Existentialist. He would have chosen chocolate chip
cookies during in "Prison Life in Siberia" (1861 - 1862 ). We don't need any more existential crises this
season... more wins! and more COOKIES! Go Huskies!
listen here, zman, u and ur pal footodor make us nervous with ur 4 syllable names, and why is existentialist capitalized? if that's the case, then us zaheads demand equal props - Pizzaists. there's way more of us than youse epistemologists, who apparently sit around all day trying to answer questions like, What is knowledge? Do we know anything at all? How do we know what we know?
and speaking of grand, head hurting questions, (join us zaheads! our big questions usually revolve around extra cheese, fresh garlic, peppers, wetnaps. now these are truly important issues) ...
in what category do cheese doodles belong, chip, cracker, or something else?
(my folks call them that, and told me they were here way before cheetos and the others.)
apologies to the cheese polymer thing people for the oversight. i used to like them once upon a time, but now my heart for orange dust belongs to doritos. or cheezits.
addendum (i hear that u philosophy types use this word often): apparently, there are people who eat popcorn and pretzels, and not in the usual way of finding them kicking around when none of the other stuff is there, but actually going to the super to specifically buy them.
so what category do they fit in? this is getting hard... mebbe i should refine the poll to two choices - salt or sugar? that should cover it all, except for u wasabi pea people. i hear that u can turn green from eating that stuff.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oatmeal raisin is the most under appreciated cookie I can think of.

While I guess this applies to every cookie, an oatmeal raisin really has to be done right. I can handle crunchy or chewy but the flavor balance and balance to oat, raisin and mixture has to be spot on. things like peanut butter cookies or chocolate chip have a lot more room for variation and still be good.

Reaction Score
My wife makes a cookie with: milk, semi sweet and dark chocolate chips, plus crushed Butterfingers. Decadent!
Would you share that recipe???

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Oatmeal raisin is the most under appreciated cookie I can think of.
yes. and,
i have discovered the best oatmeal raisin cookie on earth. it's made by a vietnamese lady who has a store down in Clinton. 2 cookies, each aboot 6 inches, for $3.
who the heck is lorna dunne?
what happened to gingerbread cookies? when i was a kid, that stuff seemed to be a lot more common.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is a trick question; you pick cookie and you end up with a life time supply of Lorna Doones.

Unless I get to pick the cookies, go with chips.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom