You kinda get an idea | The Boneyard

You kinda get an idea

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Watching this team over the past season and a half you see a depleted UConn team that is forced to play different lineups much to often due to injuries. At one point this season we had 4 of our starters sitting the bench and we have a record of 10-2 against the tuffest schedule in WCBB. Now thats an accomplishment. You see how we've grown as a team and as individuals. We all know that when we get healthy and get Azzi back that we will be competing for a NC again this season. Look at the teams we're beating with players playing out of position and players injured. Most of all look who's on our bench. When will it stop???

Its absolutely amazing how good we are with are depleted lineup. Against Creighton was just unbelievable. Aubrey was sick with Covid, Amari was snowbound and we won by 25. Now I know what some of you are thinking. Hey Creighton had no height. Well look at their previous game against Stanford. Last nite was a combination of our height, their lack of height, our inside game that they couldnt stop and our defense and their inability to hit outside shots. Hey remember we did that with a depleted team.

Caroline is looking better. Aaliyah and Dorka are looking really good inside and out and on defense they are under control. One thing the depletion of this team has taught us and that is how to play defense without fouling out. I know we're all dreaming of when Azzi gets back. Just think Caroline is showing improvement as is a recovering Dorka and Aubrey has played very well since getting back. I like what I see from Amari directing traffic during the game and not being afraid to shoot. Ayaana and Ines just need to stop thinking about what they were taught in practice and and just let it happen. They both know how to play the game and the adjustments that the coaching staff has made will take over at some point. Just play the game and let the coaches tweak you, work on what you need to change and let it happen.

Lou has been a life savor as has the improvement of Nika Aaliyah and Dorka. Who wouldve thought that with Paige and Ice out for the season that we would be getting ready for a run at the NC. This is a lesson for all of us on how Geno coaches. As bad as we all thought things were Genos coaching is the difference. Look at our schedule and look at some of the teams who are ahead of us in the polls. I know most of those teams cant beat us when we are healthy and IMO those teams would have more then 2 losses if they played our schedule. Geno is not afraid., maybe concerned sometimes because he has a system that breeds confidence and trust. There is no other coach in WCBB that can come close to what he has done especially these last two seasons.

Just a note. Yesterday number 4 Indiana lost, number 5 ND squeaked out a win, number 6 W Va lost and number 7 NC State lost to Duke. Number 8 UConn won. We're movin up in the polls.

Hey lets not kid ourselves. We are good. We are really good even depleted. Now we have to just get through the next few games, get healthy and carry on. Yah kinda get the idea we know that already

Reaction Score
With the current emphasis on strong post play, and consistently great performances in that area from Aaliyah and Dorka, all we really need out there on the floor right now is another three-point assassin. If we get Azzi back at close to full proficiency, I'd have to think we're contenders to compete strongly in another final four.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am just glad that we are beating the teams that we are supposed to beat and winning in a comfortable fashion. Creighton worried me because how they play and when their shots are falling, they are darn near unstoppable. I am just glad that they did not make many shots the other night and our UConn squad was able to use their height advantage to seal the victory.

Reaction Score
Creighton could still pose a challenge for us next time. They're at their best when they hustle for every loose ball. They did a bit of that on Wednesday, but they couldn't sustain it.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Watching this team over the past season and a half you see a depleted UConn team that is forced to play different lineups much to often due to injuries. At one point this season we had 4 of our starters sitting the bench and we have a record of 10-2 against the tuffest schedule in WCBB. Now thats an accomplishment. You see how we've grown as a team and as individuals. We all know that when we get healthy and get Azzi back that we will be competing for a NC again this season. Look at the teams we're beating with players playing out of position and players injured. Most of all look who's on our bench. When will it stop???

Its absolutely amazing how good we are with are depleted lineup. Against Creighton was just unbelievable. Aubrey was sick with Covid, Amari was snowbound and we won by 25. Now I know what some of you are thinking. Hey Creighton had no height. Well look at their previous game against Stanford. Last nite was a combination of our height, their lack of height, our inside game that they couldnt stop and our defense and their inability to hit outside shots. Hey remember we did that with a depleted team.

Caroline is looking better. Aaliyah and Dorka are looking really good inside and out and on defense they are under control. One thing the depletion of this team has taught us and that is how to play defense without fouling out. I know we're all dreaming of when Azzi gets back. Just think Caroline is showing improvement as is a recovering Dorka and Aubrey has played very well since getting back. I like what I see from Amari directing traffic during the game and not being afraid to shoot. Ayaana and Ines just need to stop thinking about what they were taught in practice and and just let it happen. They both know how to play the game and the adjustments that the coaching staff has made will take over at some point. Just play the game and let the coaches tweak you, work on what you need to change and let it happen.

Lou has been a life savor as has the improvement of Nika Aaliyah and Dorka. Who wouldve thought that with Paige and Ice out for the season that we would be getting ready for a run at the NC. This is a lesson for all of us on how Geno coaches. As bad as we all thought things were Genos coaching is the difference. Look at our schedule and look at some of the teams who are ahead of us in the polls. I know most of those teams cant beat us when we are healthy and IMO those teams would have more then 2 losses if they played our schedule. Geno is not afraid., maybe concerned sometimes because he has a system that breeds confidence and trust. There is no other coach in WCBB that can come close to what he has done especially these last two seasons.

Just a note. Yesterday number 4 Indiana lost, number 5 ND squeaked out a win, number 6 W Va lost and number 7 NC State lost to Duke. Number 8 UConn won. We're movin up in the polls.

Hey lets not kid ourselves. We are good. We are really good even depleted. Now we have to just get through the next few games, get healthy and carry on. Yah kinda get the idea we know that already
Great post except, I hope you meant #6 Va Tech who is in the ACC, W Va is in the Big 12.;)

Reaction Score
Creighton could still pose a challenge for us next time. They're at their best when they hustle for every loose ball. They did a bit of that on Wednesday, but they couldn't sustain it.
Come on man. Trust your eyes. Last year what they did was brilliant. They’ve got DePaul next. To me that’ll be interesting. I could see them go sub-500 in the league, without an invite to the dance. They‘re a good YMCA team. I’ve been a part of an awesome rec team that lost to a Creighton-like team in the championship. It happens. They gotta hit their shots. Period. I think teams are covering the 3-point line against them, leaving them open for inside shots. They don’t have players that can hit inside shots. You saw it, and I also saw it against Stanford. Reason for my prediction. I contend that they only got a handful of open looks from 3 against UConn, despite what Megan Culmo was saying. Players of their caliber can’t hit contested shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom