You Just Never Know Who Might Also Be In Line With You | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You Just Never Know Who Might Also Be In Line With You

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We don't get many pictures of Kiah these days, so how about a couple? I like this one; it's cute:

And this one is more striking than cute, but I enjoy the occasional high fashion shot of the UConn alumnae, since we don't get to see too many of them:

I love it--Kiah teaching her dog how to block shots! :D

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I was at the NAB (broadcasting) convention in Vegas several years ago and was queued up, going through a fairly tight security check at the the exhibit's main door. The guard told me to go ahead, but as I did, I heard a familiar voice behind me trying to get in by explaining that he left his credentials at the hotel. "I think I can vouch for him," I said. The gentleman, looking at my name tag said,"nice try, Steve."

It was Larry King.

Reaction Score
True story.... Walking through the Hilton Hotel lobby in Vegas in early 70s, I passed Redd Fox, I just nodded (not being one to interrupt anyone's space) he nodded in return. I said to my wife, did you see Redd Fox, which sent her off to seek his autograph. She stopped him and he replied that the hotel did not like autographs signing in the public areas, BUT, do you have any time. For the next half hour we sat with Redd chatting about this and that, learning that he spent some time in Waterbury and still had friends there. He could not have been kinder with his time and was a complete gentleman, not even 'damn' came out of his mouth. Love him to this day for sharing time.

Reaction Score
Kiah ...standing in line again!

upload_2016-6-13_15-30-54.png

Yea, if Kiah gets that "tall" thing so much, just think of how often Stef hears it? I guess she would be laughing and crying.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
"me: and I don't remember playing with anyone named Olivia who has a sister on the team too"

Nice detective work, but according to Olivia's bio, she has no sister, only brothers.

This is like one of those brain twisters, but I can't think of a good one right now. The lady said her "neices", but this doesn't mean they are sisters. For example, one could be the child of her brother and the other the child of her sister, therefore they are her neices and to each other, these young ladies are cousins with different last names.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
True story.... Walking through the Hilton Hotel lobby in Vegas in early 70s, I passed Redd Fox, I just nodded (not being one to interrupt anyone's space) he nodded in return. I said to my wife, did you see Redd Fox, which sent her off to seek his autograph. She stopped him and he replied that the hotel did not like autographs signing in the public areas, BUT, do you have any time. For the next half hour we sat with Redd chatting about this and that, learning that he spent some time in Waterbury and still had friends there. He could not have been kinder with his time and was a complete gentleman, not even 'damn' came out of his mouth. Love him to this day for sharing time.

I wouldn't have let him leave without at least one "hear that Elizabeth? I'm comin' to join ya' honey."

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
This is like one of those brain twisters, but I can't think of a good one right now. The lady said her "neices", but this doesn't mean they are sisters. For example, one could be the child of her brother and the other the child of her sister, therefore they are her neices and to each other, these young ladies are cousins with different last names.

Yes, very good point. However, consider the following:

me: the university of Connecticut?
woman: yeah they've been there a few years now!

According to Olivia's bio, she is in her Freshman year, and not the "few years" claimed by the woman.
Sounds like a house of cards story built on shifting sands. Are we certain that this Olivia is no more a figment of someone's imagination?
If you're a fan, who wouldn't like to have a relative who plays basketball for UCONN.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Yes, very good point. However, consider the following:

me: the university of Connecticut?
woman: yeah they've been there a few years now!

According to Olivia's bio, she is in her Freshman year, and not the "few years" claimed by the woman.
Sounds like a house of cards story built on shifting sands. Are we certain that this Olivia is no more a figment of someone's imagination?
If you're a fan, who wouldn't like to have a relative who plays basketball for UCONN.

She wouldn't be the first to mess up a college name. Sounds like she doesn't truly follow the sport and is not a fan, considering she had no idea who Kiah was. She heard Connecticut and it's all the same to her. I know many ladies who have no idea about women's basketball or UConn or any other women's team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She wouldn't be the first to mess up a college name. Sounds like she doesn't truly follow the sport and is not a fan, considering she had no idea who Kiah was. She heard Connecticut and it's all the same to her. I know many ladies who have no idea about women's basketball or UConn or any other women's team.
I tend to agree with you & it is highly unlikely that someone would make up a story (on the fly) about nieces playing college BB at the most visible college BB institution in the universe.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
You're probably right about that, but if that is so, it makes it all the more difficult to believe anything she said. So searching for an Olivia who plays basketball in Connecticut is most likely a total waste of time.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and she played for a lot of AAU Connecticut "teams"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22