You guys are killing me | The Boneyard

You guys are killing me

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought I’d get some rest after the end of the season.

• Please take individual pissing matches off the board.
  • Please stop repeating yourself over and over in the same thread and subsequent threads. Really, how many times can you repeat that we need post players? It’s not like Beetlejuice where repeating the same thing three times will magically make it appear
  • Don’t drag insults over from other boards
  • Don’t speculate on future UConn transfers. Stick to verifiable facts
  • Since most of the above is in the rules, if you’ve done any of these, read the rules which are in a post tacked at the top of the board
I’m mulling over taking our overly excited fans and overly Gloomy Gusses and sticking them on a Survivor-like island. Not an admin comment, just a personal note. How people can stand being in a constant state of high emotion is too exhausting to even think about

Reaction Score
I find “overly excited fans and overly gloomy gusses” help make the BY an interesting place. Okay, some people do go a bit overboard and can get repetitious but I find it easy enough to skim over a post or to just ignore a poster that annoys me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought I’d get some rest after the end of the season.

• Please take individual pissing matches off the board.
  • Please stop repeating yourself over and over in the same thread and subsequent threads. Really, how many times can you repeat that we need post players? It’s not like Beetlejuice where repeating the same thing three times will magically make it appear
  • Don’t drag insults over from other boards
  • Don’t speculate on future UConn transfers. Stick to verifiable facts
  • Since most of the above is in the rules, if you’ve done any of these, read the rules which are in a post tacked at the top of the board
I’m mulling over taking our overly excited fans and overly Gloomy Gusses and sticking them on a Survivor-like island. Not an admin comment, just a personal note. How people can stand being in a constant state of high emotion is too exhausting to even think about

Nan, wish you would actually do something to the posters who drive you nuts. Ban them for 6 months or something!

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Mods can neither ignore posters nor skim over their posts.

To fulfill their Mod duties well they are doomed to eternal reading.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Not exactly. The Mods do have the nuclear option.

Nope.

Going nuclear on a particular poster or set of posters doesn't change the reading. Unless you are moderating a stagnant board with no new posters, you read.

Even then you can and do have long-time posters requiring your attention.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Nan
I'm waiting (like everyone else) for the roster situ to work itself out
and worry a bit (or more).

But since I have absolutely nothing to add, factually.

I restrain from speculating and impatiently wait for real (rather than fake) news.

(And if nothing happens by Sunday as is likely...I'll be out of internet range for at least a week and miss all the action).

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Nope.

Going nuclear on a particular poster or set of posters doesn't change the reading. Unless you are moderating a stagnant board with no new posters, you read.

Even then you can and do have long-time posters requiring your attention.

Is that the hang it up if it bothers you so much option?

Reaction Score
Nan, I too was of the opinion that a few posters like to best dead horses as often as possible and a bit too often for my taste. However, after your message pertaining to the age of many of the posters I decided it could just be a case of loss of short term memory. ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nan, I too was of the opinion that a few posters like to best dead horses as often as possible and a bit too often for my taste. However, after your message pertaining to the age of many of the posters I decided it could just be a case of loss of short term memory. ;)
Or perhaps a combination of short-term memory loss and an effort to compensate for others' presumed short-term memory loss.

Or maybe it's just a lack of repertoire. Like those people who only know how to play "Chopsticks" on the piano and so they play it over and over again.

JS

Reaction Score
It would be funny though if you could turn on ignore for everyone regarding user X. User X would just keep talking and talking but no one would be able to hear (see) the posts. :p
If it'd be funny, you can commence laughing. There really is such a function, called a shadow ban.

Now response-less people can indulge their paranoia: Am I just negligible or actually invisible?

If in that mode, you might also entertain the sneaking suspicion you're both.

Reaction Score
If it'd be funny, you can commence laughing. There really is such a function, called a shadow ban.

Now response-less people can indulge their paranoia: Am I just negligible or actually invisible?

If in that mode, you might also entertain the sneaking suspicion you're both.
Who knows what posters lurk only in the hearts of the mods? The Shadow Ban ....... hahahahahahaha..........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom