You can clone any player from UConn basketball history ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You can clone any player from UConn basketball history ...

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Your list is great but I don't see how Burrell doesn't make it. He wasn't quite the player these other guys were, but his athletic ability makes him the only guy we had that I'm certain could defend all 5 positions pretty adequately.
I think it was Scott Burrell who leaped OVER a (slightly ducking) opponent and stole the ball on the other side.

Reaction Score
Your list is great but I don't see how Burrell doesn't make it. He wasn't quite the player these other guys were, but his athletic ability makes him the only guy we had that I'm certain could defend all 5 positions pretty adequately.

I worry about Burrell having the offensive game to compete. Butler was also stronger and could likely guard bigs a little more effectively.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, is there a UConn v. UConn clone war?

Who wins?

(1) Caronimo
(4) Rudy Gay

(2) Dove
(3) Scott Burrell

Reaction Score
I worry about Burrell having the offensive game to compete. Butler was also stronger and could likely guard bigs a little more effectively.

I can't disagree there. That is my concern as well. However, he was probably a little better than we give him credit for on offense. He just wasn't a superstar and I think as fans we sort of hold it against him that he didn't develop into an all time great. He had a nice NBA career before injuries and scored pretty well there. I think the bigger consideration is what happens on D and in the open court. 5 Scott Burrells would create absolute havoc. I think the opponent might get entirely overwhelmed and just run into the ground. This dude was the epitome of a world class athlete.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
So, is there a UConn v. UConn clone war?

Who wins?

(1) Caronimo
(4) Rudy Gay

(2) Dove
(3) Scott Burrell

Remembering this fantasy matchup is five on five clones and not one on one...

I would take Caron's toughness. The other pairing would give each other fits... I just remember Nadav having surprising quickness and uncanny anticipation. So maybe Nadav?

Reaction Score
Khalid: The sight of five Khalids would be so ridiculous and disarming that they would be able to exploit the opponent.
LOL! The state would preemptively declare a statewide food shortage at the sight of 5 KEA. And another type of shortage at the sight of 5 Uncle Cliffys.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ajou Deng.

Bring it on, Bob's Discount Furniture!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Remembering this fantasy matchup is five on five clones and not one on one...

I would take Caron's toughness. The other pairing would give each other fits... I just remember Nadav having surprising quickness and uncanny anticipation. So maybe Nadav?

Remember????

That was the whole point.

5 of each of those players vs. 5 of the other.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow a lot of people overlooking Donyell.

I'd put 5 Donyells up there with Caron and Rudy.

Those three would be the top choices. One additional wildcard in Cliff Robinson. Donyell can dribble, and even if they press him, who is getting in the way of his outlet passes to 4 of himself? He can block shots, guard anywhere. Sure guards would blow by him, only to find two more of him under the basket to swat their shots away.

Any of these clone teams can score. The question is whether they can guard anybody. I think Nadav is too small.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pat riley is reported to have said 'give me 5 all around talented 6'9" guys, and i'll win every year.' of course, pat wanted 5 Magics when he said that. the shorties will get dunked on into oblivion, and the too bigs will stroke out before the game ends. I kinda like the caron, lamb, and charlie ideas, but in the end, I choose 5 6'10" Cliff Robinson's, from the opening tap to the post-game victory party. dude was so good, he could score in the dark.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
in case some don't remember the magic that was cliff. here, he's swoopin' and hoopin,' swishin' and dishin,' blockin' and hackin,' boardin' and drivin.' pretty cool highlight film where he goes for forty, but Karl Malone's team wins in ot.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Five Predrag Materics. The guy was so good we never even let him on the court.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
I'm in with Caron he was just getting better and better everywhere on the floor but I cant believe there isn't more love here for Ben Gordon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom