You better Belibi it | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You better Belibi it

Reaction Score
Standford would won every games if the number of players allowed on the court is eight or ten instead of five.
Agree, Shades. The U.S. National Team Committees saw that potential and chose her for two straight appearances. Thought her improvement from u16 to u17 was palpable. She'll only get better.

As stated: Belibi, Jones, Brink, Brown, Hull sisters, Prechtel, Jump.Whew. The Cardinal will be more than PAC presence....

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Shades brings up an interesting point here for me. Why is it no one is afraid to go to Stanford when Tara is a year older than Geno, has been coaching longer and also has to be under retirement watch? She has arguably just had 3 of the best years of recruiting in a row that she has ever had, yet no one is saying she's done.:rolleyes:
the Weather... and its a "Stanford" degree

Reaction Score
Your timing is awesome. Thanks to a former @Orangutan post which called Belibi "elite" and this @Shades video I'm thinking Stanford might have the best 2019 recruiting class. Yes better than South Carolina!
Besides Jones and Belibi they also got Hannah Jump who can flat out stroke it and is potentially a better PG than Cooke. Also in the same class Stanford got Ashten Prechtel who caught my eye at USA basketball 2 years ago playing 3 X 3. Very mobile for a big and can consistently step out and stroke the three ball, handle and was a very good passer. She going to remind people of former Stanford bigs like Appel and Pederson. Here is how I would stack them:
Boston better than Prechtel
Jones much better than Beal
Jump=Cooke
Belibi better than Amihere because she's healthier.
ESPN has South Carolina ranked number 1 recruiting class but that may have been on the strength of 5 person class vs 4. Thoughts?

I don't know if Jones will continue to be much better than Beal: she is at present certainly more skilled, but that can change. I think they are athletically equivalent. Cooke is superior to Jump in every area except for shooting beyond the arc. Amihere, in my opinion, is equally as talented as Belibi even after the injury. Whether she is more prone to further injury is unknown, and we can only hope not. I do agree that at present Boston is superior to Prechtel

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
impressive in that she did it with defenders in the area......I wonder what Tara thinks about it.....will she be OK with dunking in Stanford games?
Maya Dodson said recently that Tara has given her the green light to dunk in a game, but only on a breakaway when there isn't a defender nearby. (We haven't seen that happen yet.) I imagine it may be the same for Beliebi next year.

Reaction Score
Maya Dodson said recently that Tara has given her the green light to dunk in a game, but only on a breakaway when there isn't a defender nearby. (We haven't seen that happen yet.) I imagine it may be the same for Beliebi next year.

I look forward to seeing that............I'm not sure it would be smart to do it against a strong opponent..............it might tick off the other team in a big way.........

Reaction Score
It’s the dunking in a game at age 15 that put Belibi on everybody’s radar. VanDerveer knew what she was getting when she pursued her. Why would she put a bridle on that?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Belibi does an under the basket reverse dunk in practice.

Talk about winning the genetic lottery. For people who've seen a lot of her, do you think she's underranked at #23 by HG? With the late start to basketball and the athleticism she has, I'd think her upside is huge. Especially at Stanford.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
I don’t think Stanford’s class is better than South Carolina’s... at least this point in time. The strength of Stanford’s recruiting is that the talent is spread out over classes so not everyone needs to be a standout. For example, Jump might not play a huge role her freshman or sophomore years, but could be a marksman her final years, ala Rappahahn (how’s that for a CT reference ).

Last edited:

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Agreed, Tara has done well in that regard which should pay dividends down the road.

Reaction Score
Belibi doesn’t plan on playing basketball professionally, but I’ve heard that before. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
In time, women dunking will be a common occurrence.
10 years ago, pretty much no one could dunk. These days, several teenagers every year can do it.

Reaction Score

At the very end they say she has a 7th grade sister who can almost dunk.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fran is very exciting. She definitely fits the Nerd Nation profile (in a good way). After watching the McD's game, I think she should dunk whenever she can, because her layups were a little wild. But she has been playing only 4 years. Her upside is unknown, but very high.

Reaction Score
707-B6367-98-D3-46-ED-9-F45-4522-DF045-B12.gif

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, it's not OT but it isn't UConn ball, so what is it? Just wanna understand the new boundaries.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, it's not OT but it isn't UConn ball, so what is it? Just wanna understand the new boundaries.
As mentioned previously, the rule about posting non-UConn threads on the main board is relaxed in the off season

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As mentioned previously, the rule about posting non-UConn threads on the main board is relaxed in the off season

I am enlightened. Brace yourselves!

Reaction Score

I don’t mind if Nan moves this thread to the General Forum. This thread was started long before the General Forum existed. Why make a new thread when you can post in an old thread that applies? This is a Belibi fan thread.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Belibi does an under the basket reverse dunk in practice.

I’d pay to see her play in person. You know she’s going to dunk in multiple games. How many dunks will she have next season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom