Yay for DD,.. but people, WE GOT BREANNA STEWART!!!! | The Boneyard

Yay for DD,.. but people, WE GOT BREANNA STEWART!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean, i understand it is still a hot topic for discussion; the Diamond Deshields UNC paradox. And im not going to front, i was a bit on the low side because i really wanted her on geno's squad. However, WE GOT FREAKIN BREANNA, MORIAH, AND MORGAN. I am really excited and looking froward to see these young ladies, along with Bria, Kaleena, and Stephanie, creating art with their offense.

Defensively, Uconn is the best int he nation, period. This makes their offense sooo fluid and disciplined on transition situations and half court play. UNC , with all due respect, is nowhere near that galaxy. So people, relaxxx... breaathhhee.. lol :) we are soooo freakin spoiled, we don't even see it. :);)

Think about it... Bria, Stephanie, Kaleena, Kelly, and Caroline all have big east championship and final four experience.. do you guys have any idea how helpful that would be for this incoming freshman class. It makes the high school/college transition super easier; allowing the freshman to put more focus on conditioning, building muscles, and player development.

Outside of Uconn, Stanford, Notre Dame (until Skylar graduates this year), and Baylor ( Until Griner graduates this year; but they still have Odessy so idk,; tough call :confused: ), all these teams have a lot of catching up with you.. So sometimes, a player such as Deshields landing in a school like UNC, who hasnt seen a post season in some time, does not translate as success.. you have a very hungry ACC conference with a lot of teams with a lot of post season experience..

AGAIN, ALL THIS IS JUST MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND IT IS NOT MEANT TO DISRESPECT OR DEGRADE ANYONE.. .... - I VOTE TOO PEOPLE!!! LOL.. GOODNIGHT..

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A great summary of the present reality. UCONN has no reason to be afraid other other teams becoming strong and blessed with talent. It is better for the sport if that happens because it it makes the whole sport potentially stronger and more interesting.

UCONN has more than its share of great talent but that is because of the tremendous program that Geno and staff have built. It would have been great to see DD playing at UCONN and is a disappointment to a point to know we will not have that opportunity but it does not hurt UCONN significantly and may as above really help the sport and UCONN in the long run by increasing the attention given to the sport.

So bring on the best and beat them all and grow the sport.

Reaction Score
I agree with all of the above. It's going to make for an interesting year with lots of learning points. Will the fabs learn that they are no longer playing High School ball? When I was in High School on a young team, I thought we were great because we had Big Bill. In our first non conference game, we got decimated. Big Bill turned out to be Sweet William compared to the team of experienced Seniors we faced.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With our freshman class we have a lock on 4 FF. Based on McDaniel and DD we may be not looking at top 5 players over the next 2couple years going somewhere where they can play right away. Uconn is so loaded its silly. Weve got depth at every position with the cream of the crop of players. There is no I in this team. We will win with our defense. No other team is close in defense. No other team is close with talent that plays as a team. Sit back and enjoy the rider.

Reaction Score
I think people don't understand how good Duke will be. They are loaded, and unless UNC gets Russell they don't have anyone to stop Elizabeth Williams in the post. If they don't get Russell then they become heavy in some places light in others.

Reaction Score
For every 'yes' their is a 'no'. You just don't know, long turn this event may turn into a blessing in disquise for us!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
For every 'yes' their is a 'no'. You just don't know, long turn this event may turn into a blessing in disquise for us!

That blessing will be the contributions of Sierra Calhoun at the wing, as I see it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That blessing will be the contributions of Sierra Calhoun at the wing, as I see it.
Exactly. I'm not sure if Diamond's presence would have scared Sierra away, but I think she is now a strong, strong lean. We've already had 2 collegiate NPOYs from Christ the King. Keep it going!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think Sierra was coming either way. Her bro's going to be here next year, and their dad has intimated that the "plan" was for them to go to the same school.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I believe she was NYC player of the year as a Sophomore and is ranked 11th in the class of 2014.

Look for her to improve and move up. She is a great fit for UConn.

Reaction Score
I believe she was NYC player of the year as a Sophomore and is ranked 11th in the class of 2014.

Look for her to improve and move up. She is a great fit for UConn.[/quote

Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member