Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend? | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend?

Reaction Score
@Dove was there two nights ago, I was at Bethel Woods last night for the Outlaw Music Festival.

Jam packed (felt like 10k more than other Bethel Woods show I went to) but Plant/Krauss were amazing as always and it was such a special treat to see Willie Nelson perform…it brought tears to my eyes. Dylan was meh.

IMG_5248.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So tonight we have what was a mistake purchase that I hope turns out to be fun. Last winter, with no decent concerts lined up for summer, I bought 4 tickets for Third Eye Blind (Yellowcard opens). Hey, I know like 3 of their songs, why not? Well it definitely didn't sell out, and I should have waited as other shows did come along.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
@Dove was there two nights ago, I was at Bethel Woods last night for the Outlaw Music Festival.

Jam packed (felt like 10k more than other Bethel Woods show I went to) but Plant/Krauss were amazing as always and it was such a special treat to see Willie Nelson perform…it brought tears to my eyes. Dylan was meh.

View attachment 102218
Love you my man, but that’s a casual review. Its fine. To each their own. I saw this tour too and had tears in my eyes for knowing Willie is at his end and exhilaration for hearing Dylan being vital at 83.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
On a similar topic. This is pretty cool. A group of people are making a documentary about the Watkins Glen Festival in 1973, a group that includes Jim Koplik approached one of my bands to do the soundtrack for the documentary. It is not an area I've worked in before. Because licensing songs for films is so expensive the documentary makers hired us to do it. You are not allowed to play any songs by the 3 bands (Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead, The Band) otherwise it it gets open to copyright issues. So the task was to create musical "beds" that sounded like those 3 bands without it being their songs, they had to be original.
It was a challenging but in the end a really cool exercise. Like "how do I play something that sounds familiar to a listeners ear like whipping post without actually playing whipping post" "How do I play something that sounds like Life is a Carnival without playing Life is a Carnival" etc...etc,,,,

Anyway, here is a trailer of the doc with some of our musical bed backing tracks. I think it kinda worked.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
On a similar topic. This is pretty cool. A group of people are making a documentary about the Watkins Glen Festival in 1973, a group that includes Jim Koplik approached one of my bands to do the soundtrack for the documentary. It is not an area I've worked in before. Because licensing songs for films is so expensive the documentary makers hired us to do it. You are not allowed to play any songs by the 3 bands (Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead, The Band) otherwise it it gets open to copyright issues. So the task was to create musical "beds" that sounded like those 3 bands without it being their songs, they had to be original.
It was a challenging but in the end a really cool exercise. Like "how do I play something that sounds familiar to a listeners ear like whipping post without actually playing whipping post" "How do I play something that sounds like Life is a Carnival without playing Life is a Carnival" etc...etc,,,,

Anyway, here is a trailer of the doc with some of our musical bed backing tracks. I think it kinda worked.

That's really cool. Sounds like it would be difficult, but an enjoyable challenge. I'm surprised you couldn't just play the songs yourselves.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
That's really cool. Sounds like it would be difficult, but an enjoyable challenge. I'm surprised you couldn't just play the songs yourselves.
It is actually the song itself that is how publishing license works. Not the artist. Thus it doesnt matter who plays the song, it matters who owns the publishing to the song. That is why investment bankers are buying up Artist catalogs for hundreds of millions of dollars. You own the song license you get paid in perpetuity every time the song is played or used.

It was a really fun challenge. We came up with a lot of interesting things that I would love to flesh out. It would be fun to spend 2 weeks in a studio working like that, but alas Im old and with a toddler running around and a full time job, it will never happen.

Reaction Score

Nice job on the backing tracks. It definitely works. Looking forward on seeing this documentary.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It is actually the song itself that is how publishing license works. Not the artist. Thus it doesnt matter who plays the song, it matters who owns the publishing to the song. That is why investment bankers are buying up Artist catalogs for hundreds of millions of dollars. You own the song license you get paid in perpetuity every time the song is played or used.

It was a really fun challenge. We came up with a lot of interesting things that I would love to flesh out. It would be fun to spend 2 weeks in a studio working like that, but alas Im old and with a toddler running around and a full time job, it will never happen.
Not perpetuity, but for a long time. Plus the Copyright rights can be split into pieces, leading to the whole Taylor Swift situation.

Hope you're enjoying the toddler phase at this age. That would certainly be enough to keep me busy but I bet it brings a lot of joy too.

Reaction Score
I'm late to the game and this is heavier than most stuff I listen to, but I've gotten really into Turnstile's most recent album, especially when I'm on my way to the gym.

Riffs, vocal delivery and genre-bending akin to some of groups I liked from my childhood like Beastie Boys, Deftones and Jane's Addiction. Labeled a "hardcore" band, but a very eclectic band and just great energy.

Very original style. Rad.

Last edited:

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I hear Legion is firing on all cylinders right now.

Fire was brought by the Legion yesterday, so much so they set off the alarms and required the assistance of the Pittsfield Fire Department!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Fire was brought by the Legion yesterday, so much so they set off the alarms and required the assistance of the Pittsfield Fire Department!
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Saw Steel Pulse at Stony Creek this past Thursday. The heat, plus the messed up advertised time for the start of the show sucked bad. We had up-front standing area but after 2 hours in that heat, on the gravel, we listened to the show from the picnic tables way in back. Medics were busy getting to people who were passing out.
1000009824.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Saw Steel Pulse at Stony Creek this past Thursday. The heat, plus the messed up advertised time for the start of the show sucked bad. We had up-front standing area but after 2 hours in that heat, on the gravel, we listened to the show from the picnic tables way in back. Medics were busy getting to people who were passing out.
Not something you want to screw around with. Had my first experience with syncope last summer on a 93F high humidity night at an outdoor venue. Thought I was hydrated enough, but no. I was actually on my way to get another bottle of water as I was feeling woozy, but I couldn't get all the way there. Kind of a scene. Ambulance ride to ER, pulse was 40, BP was like 70/40. I was in and out of lucidity.

Thankfully, being an old fart, Medicare picked up the whole thing. I'd hate to know what that would cost with regular employee insurance.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
FfldCnyFan & I caught Olabelle (Amy Helms band) at the Levitt in Westport last night. Spectacular. Tony Leone on drums is a beast. I called a Jerry tune. They closed with Brokedown Palace. Ripple encore. Levon taught his daughter well. She's also very easy on the eyes :cool:
20240810_201602.jpg
20240810_210625.jpg

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
A little bit of a wet night but saw Green Day/Smashing Pumpkins at Citizens Bank Park last Friday. Still rocking out after all these years. Rancid played as well but we listened to them from the parking lot with beers in hand.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
A little bit of a wet night but saw Green Day/Smashing Pumpkins at Citizens Bank Park last Friday. Still rocking out after all these years. Rancid played as well but we listened to them from the parking lot with beers in hand.
I had the Green Day CD in my car playing for 2 months straight when it came out

Reaction Score
Caught LaMP at Levitt Pavilion in Westport tonight and really liked the show. First time seeing them and would like to see them again.

IMG_5486.jpeg

Soulive-ish vibes, but looser w/ more of a NOLA shuffle. LOVE Russ Lawton on drums and was a fan of Metzger’s tone.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
On the off chance that anybody knows these two bands. Looking for something to do on the Cape this Weekend. Both are Friday evening.

Niiki and the Barn Boys playing at Cape Cod Beer. Nikki looks kind of hot, but that's all I know.

Entrain at Mashpee Common, Friday night. Might be mobbed bc it is free. Seems like a funk/ska band that's been around a long time. ENTRAIN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom