Yankees sign Chris Carter | The Boneyard

Yankees sign Chris Carter

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I came here last night and searched "Carter" because I swore I posted weeks ago that this guy would be a huge get for the Yankees. F the strikeouts. He flat out mashes at an insane clip. I

Him and Bird will play 1st base and that DH spot is supposed to be Matt Holliday's. I wonder if Holliday will see a good amount of time in the OF freeing up that DH spot for Carter/Bird.

OF:

Gardner
Ellsbury
Judge/Hicks

1b:

Bird/Carter

DH:

Holliday/Carter

Can Holliday play RF? I don't think the Yankees have confidence in either Judge or Hicks full time.

Reaction Score
Like this need some RH pop in the line up and he and Holliday will do that. Like the Bird/Carter 1B potential combo, good stuff. While some ask if it's maybe a sign Bird is going to get back slower I think it's just a solid signing for an obvious need. Sox are loaded with lefties too!

Reaction Score
For the pop and the price tag, it's a no brainer. Of course, now you have to figure out how to manage 206 strikeouts in your lineup. Lots of "runner on 2b, 0 out" situations become "runner on 2b, 1 out" in a blink.

Reaction Score
Well, considering Ty Austin just broke a bone in his foot and is out 6 weeks, that signing was quite prophetic.

Reaction Score
A wiffle ball hitter for a wiffle ball park. The perfect fit :cool:

He didn't get traded to the Red Sox it's the Yankees you must have missed it. He's a righty hitter he can't hit pop ups over a big colored wall, he will actually need to hit it in left center at Yankee Stadium:cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom