"Y'all" | The Boneyard

"Y'all"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Get used to hearing "y'all" if you come down for the game Saturday night. What do y'all say instead of, "y'all?"

Also, hope y'all enjoy Nashville. The nickname for our stadium is actually the I.B.G. or Indian Burial Ground, so if you have a heart condition or are afraid of seeing crazy new ways of losing ballgames, you might not want to attend.

Also, how do y'all like Paul Pasqualoni? I was a fan of his while he was at Syracuse.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
"You guys" would probably be the approximation of "y'all." Do you guys want to go grab some beers?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Glad you found the new home of this board. Welcome.

I truly wish I could make it down to Nashville for the game - I was there a couple years ago to visit a close friend and had a blast. Great city, great food, great beer. (I'm a huge fan of the Flying Saucer in both Nashville and Raleigh as a place to grab beers).

Agreed with TRest - "You guys" (even if the ladies are around) is the northern equivilent of "y'all".

So far, I'm pretty enthusiastic about the Pasqualoni era... I think he is introducing some positive changes, I think the staff is great, and they will have UConn poised for success in the future. Guess we'll know a little bit more after this weekend, huh? :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Get used to hearing "y'all" if you come down for the game Saturday night. What do y'all say instead of, "y'all?"

Also, hope y'all enjoy Nashville. The nickname for our stadium is actually the I.B.G. or Indian Burial Ground, so if you have a heart condition or are afraid of seeing crazy new ways of losing ballgames, you might not want to attend.

Also, how do y'all like Paul Pasqualoni? I was a fan of his while he was at Syracuse.

I've always liked Vandy - the school, the fans. One of the things I like best about Vandy, though, is that it's not Tennessee.

Reaction Score
For those that have spent time in PA y'all will have heard y'inz.

Reaction Score
Crazed give us the skinny on the Dores. I honestly have no idea what to expect Saturday night. I'm just hoping to come out with a W.

Love Nashville.

Reaction Score
Crazed give us the skinny on the Dores. I honestly have no idea what to expect Saturday night. I'm just hoping to come out with a W.

Love Nashville.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
But in New York its pronounced "yoos guys"
Or just "youse". I worked at a restaurant, my manager would say to us "Aayyy, whadda youse doin', I need the two o' youse to set up tables ovah here..."

(I'm exaggerating the accent slightly for dramatic purposes).

Reaction Score
I have family that grew up in Columbia, TN. One attends UT and the other got accepted to VU but chose to go to UNC. Anyhow, I always bust on them about saying y'all. I remind them that it is "you all."

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The Two Whaaa?
Da two yoots!
cousin-vinny.jpg

Reaction Score

Love Nashville.

The Dores are coming off consecutive 2-10 seasons and while we were probably a bit better talent-wise than our records, we were dreadful in '09 and '10. Our long time coach, Bobby Johnson, suddenly retired a month or so before the season last year and the team basically quit on the moron, Robbie Caldwell, interim head coach. Near misses have always been what Vandy has done best, but I hadn't seen many teams quit giving 100% effort and last year, that was the case.

On to 2011, we hired an energetic recruiter (first black head coach at VU in any of the major sports), James Franklin, from Maryland and just about every VU fan I've talked to absolutely loves this guy. He just gets it, he's already doing better in recruiting than we've ever done (landed Tennessee's #1 overall player RB Brian Kimbrow who runs a 4.24 40) and through one game has displayed an aggressiveness on the field that we've been missing for a long long time. QB, OL and WR are our biggest areas of concern and although all three appear to be improved, we won't know anything until we face y'all this weekend. We should be solid at RB with a rotation of 4-5 guys that had SEC offers and our defense should be pretty solid, but I think having the confidence and belief to actually win important game will be in question until we do so.

I hope that yous guys have safe travels to NashVegas and have a good time while y'inz are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom