Yale's dancing | The Boneyard

Yale's dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is one long tourney drought. Props to them on finally breaking through.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What's amazing about this is the last time Yale was in the dance, Kentucky had three titles, Indiana had two, UNC and Kansas each had one. Those are the only schools who have won titles since Yale's last appearance that had titles at the time of Yale's last appearance. Every other school that won (including UCLA, Duke, UConn & Louisville who have a combined 23 titles) in that time frame had zero.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
And they pulled it off with their starting guard/team captain being dismissed/withdrawing from school a couple weeks ago over what is to be a reported sexual assault with no police report but flyers on campus stating BB team supports a rapist.

Somehow the rest of the team have stepped up their game and can't nit us to rattle of wins. Good for them. Hopefully not the only team from CT in dance.

Student has lawyered up and many interesting tidbits.

http://jezebel.com/yale-basketball-captain-was-expelled-his-father-confir-1762936140

Reaction Score
Congrats to Yale and I hope they give someone some fits in the tourney.

Feel good for Sears and Sherrod the Bridgeport kid who left the team to "sing" for a year, that worked out for him. Mason has stepped up big time since Montague was kicked off.

Trey Phills is the son of Bobby Phills, the guard from the Cavs who was killed racing his Porsche back in the 90's.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
its great to see someone besides Havard, Princeton and Penn
Congrats to our neighbors, the Yale Bulldogs
Bulla Bulla

Reaction Score
I remember that team also. I read an article yesterday by Kaminsky
who played on that team . He mentioned the 5 leading players on that team were all sophomores and they expected to return to the dance the next two years.
Unfortunatly Princeton had a ineligible freshman that year named Bill Bradley who changed the power structure of the Ives in the next couple of years as well as made Dom Perno famous.
Their coach was the innovative Joe Vancisin whose offense was called the Vancisin shuffle.
I believe that offense was copied by other teams including successfully by the University of New Haven with Gary Libertore from New Canaan. He could really shoot. He like WB lived before the 3 point shot but I believe he still scored over 3,000 pts .
Boy I need an intervention.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the University of Hartford makes the Big Dance. I would love to see Hartford vs. Kansas. If they are almost 20 point dogs against SB....the line on that Kansas game would be fun to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom