Yakwe | The Boneyard

Yakwe

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is a great defender. Really stepped up this game. He gets a lot of crap here and i understand why. But I thought I’d point out something he does well and I can see why Hurley likes him

By far his most productive game against a real team.

What he's giving is perfectly acceptable for second big off the bench.

Reaction Score
Not really sure what the criticism is about. I've only seen a few games this year. But I've seen some solid minutes. Definitely hustles. He's also our third string center. Not sure what people expect. He may be the best third center we've had in a while.

Reaction Score
Not really sure what the criticism is about. I've only seen a few games this year. But I've seen some solid minutes. Definitely hustles. He's also our third string center. Not sure what people expect. He may be the best third center we've had in a while.
He's been awful to this point. Good game tonight, had to since Carlton and Cobb never showed up.

Reaction Score
The thing with him is he’s absolutely clueless with the ball. I don’t really feel like looking it up, but i’d bet his turnover percentage is incredibly high. But, he is a good rebounder and defender, something Cobb and Carlton can’t really say.

Reaction Score
The most exciting and attractive part of Yakwe is he only takes a scholarship for one year. Close second is his 5 fouls

Reaction Score
His defense are rebounding are solid. He just needs to know his limitations on offense. If Cobb is going to miss foul shots and get beat on D too often, then I have no problem with Yakwe getting more minutes. I'd obviously love to see more from Carlton...

Reaction Score
He was better, but needs to learn to not go after some shots on defense in key situations. That's what frustrated me about Brimah. He tried to block everything and left too many easy rebounds and putbacks for the other team.

Reaction Score
By far his most productive game against a real team.

What he's giving is perfectly acceptable for second big off the bench.
Or first after Cobb starting against real teams.

Reaction Score
He was better, but needs to learn to not go after some shots on defense in key situations. That's what frustrated me about Brimah. He tried to block everything and left too many easy rebounds and putbacks for the other team.

I have noticed this all year. If somebody aggressively challenges a shot or has to rotate to help, teams have been open for putbacks. Yakwe isn’t going to be Okafor down there, but he does some things better than Cobb on D and on the boards.

Reaction Score
Yakwe finally played the roll I and I suspect Hurley brought him on board for that’s as a situtional rim protector when we are gambling.
Cobb will never get there and Carltonis at least a year away.
Brimah played four years with no hands .
Now If only he Yakwe was 7’0”

Reaction Score
Our 10th man:
  • Defends the 4-5 well
  • Hustles
  • Leads by example
He doesn't push the needle for me much either way, but I appreciate what he brings to the team.

Hurley's plan was to promote solidarity for his returning players, so it was smart for the staff to pick up grad school transfers who are supporting guys like Smith and Yakwe rather than guys like Nevada's grad seniors Thurman and Porter who were signed to play big minutes over the younger players they've recruited.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yakwe looked good because everyone else played so poorly.

Yakwe looked good because he played pretty good. Minus the awful passes which look unfortunately to be part of his game, he does things the others don't and won't. He's not a game changer but his minutes were exactly what the doctor ordered to have a chance the other day.

Reaction Score
We have a deficient big man mix, think about it. We have a guy Carlton who is a good free throw shooter but soft. We have another who has touch around the glass and can put back lay ups but doesn't defend well, Cobb. And we have a kid with hands of stone who can board and fight down low Yakwe. We need Mel Brooks to put them together ala Frankenstein for the perfect center, Yakcobbton.

Reaction Score
He is a terrible passer and has stone hands. Those are his negatives but he is a solid defender and doesn't get out muscled on the boards. He gives and he takes away but as a 3rd center he is fine.

Reaction Score
Kashic Caryakobb
We have a deficient big man mix, think about it. We have a guy Carlton who is a good free throw shooter but soft. We have another who has touch around the glass and can put back lay ups but doesn't defend well, Cobb. And we have a kid with hands of stone who can board and fight down low Yakwe. We need Mel Brooks to put them together ala Frankenstein for the perfect center, Yakcobbton.

Reaction Score
He is a terrible passer and has stone hands. Those are his negatives but he is a solid defender and doesn't get out muscled on the boards. He gives and he takes away but as a 3rd center he is fine.
I was wrong about him. I think he could be second center, maybe he just needs time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom