xrm talks illi visit | The Boneyard

xrm talks illi visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid does a good job of keeping it close to the vest. Says nothing but great things about all 3 schools.

The thing I worry about with kids who set their announcement date is that they already have their mind made up. Hopefully his trip to Storrs this weekend isn't just a formality.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Weren't Illinois fans expecting him to verbal there before his official visit was done? If so, I guess they are fairly disappointed.

Reaction Score
He's said all along that Oct. 13th was announcement day, and he seems to be keeping to it. He definitely seems to have media savvy, especially for someone his age.

Reaction Score
Doesnt sound like he is overwhelmed with Illinois. Sounds like an average visit to me

Reaction Score
Doesnt sound like he is overwhelmed with Illinois. Sounds like an average visit to me
Agreed, he's not exactly gushing after the visit. I suppose that doesn't mean he was underwhelmed but he was obviously able to restrain himself from committing. I like getting the last visit (or does he still have one coming to FSU?).

Reaction Score
Agreed, he's not exactly gushing after the visit. I suppose that doesn't mean he was underwhelmed but he was obviously able to restrain himself from committing. I like getting the last visit (or does he still have one coming to FSU?).

We're the last visit. He's been to FSU.

Reaction Score
Doesn't help us that he idolizes deron williams who just recently started following him on twitter

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
For heaven's sake don't bring him to the Rent on Saturday.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
He did watch Illinois get blown out this weekend.

There is nothing more aggravating than watching UConn attempt to matriculate the ball down the field.

Reaction Score

Completely agree - getting the last visit is ideal. I just have a good feeling about this kid coming here. I think he truly has a good relationship with Kevin Ollie and a good enough head on his shoulders to appreciate what a guy like Kevin Ollie can teach him. I think the people that kept UConn on their list after Calhoun left are downplaying their relationship with KO. He's one of those guys that leaves an impression on you. He's young enough that he can relate but extremely accomplished and respected. He's wearing the UConn brand, which does really carry weight in the basketball world. And people don't really mention this card much but hes one of the few black coaches in a major program (certainly one of the youngest black coaches), which I think will help him seem more like a mentor and someone who truly understands what these kids are looking for and need. Recruits can relate more to KO than say Coach Cal for those reasons.

Reaction Score
Demetrius Jackson 2013 PG that's is rated as high as XRM is set to announce between Illinois and Notre Dame tomorrow. Lets hope he picks Illinois so they have a good PG and SG for this class detouring XRM.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I dislike the fact that Deron Williams follows him on Twitter and Illinois had a Deron Williams jersey for him in the locker room on his visit...

Reaction Score
Who cares he won't be playing with Deron Williams if he were to go to illinois, XRM strikes me as too smart and thoughtful then basing his college decision on something like that. I have a good feeling about XRM, I think Ollie gets it done.

Reaction Score
He's said all along that Oct. 13th was announcement day, and he seems to be keeping to it. He definitely seems to have media savvy, especially for someone his age.
Our Midmight Madness is Oct 12th...can we get him to Gampel and get him to commit at 12:01?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Our Midmight Madness is Oct 12th...can we get him to Gampel and get him to commit at 12:01?

Would it be a good dunk contest?
  • Boatright
  • Calhoun
  • Olander
  • Giffey
  • Tolksdorf...
Hmmmm....

Reaction Score
Don't worry, Boat will explain why he didn't choose IIlinois (peer to peer).

Reaction Score
This kid should write a manual on how to handle recruiting. He says nice things about everybody and will probably gush over the 2 schools who lose out. My bet; our chances are 33 1/3.

Reaction Score
Demetrius Jackson 2013 PG that's is rated as high as XRM is set to announce between Illinois and Notre Dame tomorrow. Lets hope he picks Illinois so they have a good PG and SG for this class detouring XRM.

interesting... this is what I am reading on other boards...

Demetrius Jackson picking it from WNDU.
Those studios are close to ND's campus, and one time owned by the school.
He wouldn't be doing this live on ESPNU from WNDU if he wasn't selecting Notre Dame.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Don't know where Jackson will go (or XRM for that matter) but would like to shed some light on a couple of things:

If DJ commits to IL it doesn't negatively impact XRM. Groce is trying to sell Nunn, Jackson and XRM on being the troika that makes history in bringing Iliinois their first national championship.

The studio where Jackson is announcing his decision was chosen by ESPN and is the one closest to his school. Doing it from an actual studio reduces ESPN's costs versus doing it at either his school or home. Jackson had already set this Thursday as announcement day last week.

Reaction Score
Don't know where Jackson will go (or XRM for that matter) but would like to shed some light on a couple of things:

If DJ commits to IL it doesn't negatively impact XRM. Groce is trying to sell Nunn, Jackson and XRM on being the troika that makes history in bringing Iliinois their first national championship.

The studio where Jackson is announcing his decision was chosen by ESPN and is the one closest to his school. Doing it from an actual studio reduces ESPN's costs versus doing it at either his school or home. Jackson had already set this Thursday as announcement day last week.

good point. just passing on what I read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog