XL Ticket Scanning Experience | The Boneyard

XL Ticket Scanning Experience

Reaction Score
It was painful to watch the XL workers scan tickets in the main lobby entrance. Many tickets took 20-30 seconds to scan and often in despair it appeared people got waved through They were able to scan my tickets but it was painful - trying different angles etc.

I go to DD daily and have their app and their scanners are able to scan the barcode on my phone instantly 98% of the times.

The barcodes appear to be similar in size. One technique I used at XL because of their lack of quality scanning was to increase brightness on my phone, but it was still painful.

Are they using cheap scanners? Just another example where the XL customer experience is amateur level. The fans should have a better customer experience and UConn should be able to make some money.

Reaction Score
I went through this at an FSU football game last year. They just waved everyone in. It was chaos.

Some days, scanners just suck. However, it wouldn’t surprise me if the scanners at XL are from the 90’s.

Reaction Score
I went through this at an FSU football game last year. They just waved everyone in. It was chaos.

Some days, scanners just suck. However, it wouldn’t surprise me if the scanners at XL are from the 90’s.
The two venues have the same management. There is no valid technology excuse why this should be happening. I feel bad for the workers, fans and UConn.

Reaction Score
Never had a problem at XL with this.
The lines were long and I got to watch repeated issues with various nearby lines.
The scanners they use look very different than DD ones that work almost perfectly. DD goal is to move the driver thru along to make money and have happy customers.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The problem is ticket holders that aren’t used to using e tickets yet. Everyone will get there eventually. I go to every game and have never seen an issue with the scanners.

Reaction Score
It was painful to watch the XL workers scan tickets in the main lobby entrance. Many tickets took 20-30 seconds to scan and often in despair it appeared people got waved through They were able to scan my tickets but it was painful - trying different angles etc.

I go to DD daily and have their app and their scanners are able to scan the barcode on my phone instantly 98% of the times.

The barcodes appear to be similar in size. One technique I used at XL because of their lack of quality scanning was to increase brightness on my phone, but it was still painful.

Are they using cheap scanners? Just another example where the XL customer experience is amateur level. The fans should have a better customer experience and UConn should be able to make some money.
Well. We’ve done it. We have reached the end of the list of things we could possibly complain about here.

Reaction Score
The lines were long and I got to watch repeated issues with various nearby lines.
The scanners they use look very different than DD ones that work almost perfectly. DD goal is to move the driver thru along to make money and have happy customers.
I was in the same long lines and saw zero issues.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Revenge of the casual fan Chief. Scanner’s only accept casual fans.

Reaction Score
Sort of related but not directly…. Bought two tickets off StubHub for a big game this year at XL, when I go in the app to get my tickets, it doesn’t let me “download” them to my wallet. I just get a screenshot of the two tickets.

Any help? Was going to contact them Monday. I had always received tickets before with the ability to save to my wallet.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Sort of related but not directly…. Bought two tickets off StubHub for a big game this year at XL, when I go in the app to get my tickets, it doesn’t let me “download” them to my wallet. I just get a screenshot of the two tickets.

Any help? Was going to contact them Monday. I had always received tickets before with the ability to save to my wallet.
I bought one for Monday through stubhub. Received a screenshot. I’ll let you know how it goes. Not too worried.

Reaction Score
I was in the same long lines and saw zero issues.
That simply isn’t true. In my line alone there were numerous issues.
In my case. I was 100% ready with the tickets displaying and it was painful to watch the scanner person try various angles to scan the tickets.

Reaction Score
Revenge of the casual fan Chief. Scanner’s only accept casual fans.
Again mine both were accepted after about 20 seconds total but still way too long - various people in front of me had much worse results. It seems people gladly accept the level of service they are accustom to. Again, this is about the technology devices being deployed and not the workers who I sympathized with.

Reaction Score

I have seen that at The Rent too, yet I guess many here are so condition to it, it is par for the course and acceptable.

Reaction Score
I don't ever remember seeing a scanner at DD. I usually place my order and they enter it in the register and I pay before they fill the order. There is no product yet to scan.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No problems for me, lucky I suppose

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well. We’ve done it. We have reached the end of the list of things we could possibly complain about here.
My guess we will find something else to complain about. But for a snapshot in time this is a classic. To be or not to be scanned. I can tell you I went to the NFC championship game at the new SoFi stadium in 2022 LA v SF. Getting into that building was one of the hardest things I have ever done. The building was not ready. The only showed the finished parts on TV but the areas around the stadium that many had to walk through after the game to get back to their cars were a hazard. And talk about scanners that did not work. But they seemed to be less accurate for fans wearing 49ers jerseys. My tickets were on my phone and had no problem. But my wife and son went looking for Jerseys and got locked out. I had to find them and show the stadium employee our tickets to get them back into the game. Yes the Jersey store was located outside the entrance and it was very difficult to determine that. They let you in from inside the stadium but you had to leave through a door that put you outside the ticket check point. Quite honestly it was the reason I did not go back for the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
Thanks! I was just curious because I know some places, a screenshot won’t work. Mostly my experience at NFL games or even the Final Four this year.
That’s my understanding too.

Reaction Score
I don't ever remember seeing a scanner at DD. I usually place my order and they enter it in the register and I pay before they fill the order. There is no product yet to scan.
It is the way I pay every day via the drive thru.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Thanks! I was just curious because I know some places, a screenshot won’t work. Mostly my experience at NFL games or even the Final Four this year.
Screenshots work for XL and Gampel. I went to MSG last weekend and they did not work there. It varies venue to venue.

Reaction Score
It was a Saturday and we went in about 45 minutes before game time. No line. There are now a few bar areas in the arena which is a nice improvement for folks getting together before the game. I know the bars are always busy but it's nice to be inside with no rushing around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom