Xavier | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Xavier

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
they cant shoot at all.

like are a historically bad three point shooting team.

25% LMAO

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Wonderful. Basically just guaranteed that they'll go 16-20 tonight.

You didn't by any chance catch the UCLA - Hofstra game last night did you?
lmao thanks for alerting me to that.

watched enough cronin ball for a lifetime so no way i watch ucla.

haha his tenure seems off to a great start

Reaction Score
Speaking with Mizzou fans, they were not impressed by Xavier.

Offences is suspect, but D is strong.

We will roll tonight.

Bring on the Gators!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is not true. We've been an awful shooting team so far. We were shooting 20% from three coming into today's game.

We have a starting lineup of great athletes that play spectacular defense, but on the flip side, they can't shoot. That's resulted in a lot of rock fights so far this year. We're integrating 7 new guys, 5 freshmen and 2 grad transfers. Our highest ranked freshman is hurt and he's probably our best scorer, which hasn't helped. We've had some problems with decision making and taking care of the ball. I expect this to be a battle. The game against Towson is the best we've played all year.
You have to be the only Xavier fan not in Charleston.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Speaking with Mizzou fans, they were not impressed by Xavier.

Offences is suspect, but D is strong.

Ugh, then this will be a rock fight. Our offense isn't exactly stellar.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We had more fans than UF at yesterday’s games. I don’t know if more came today. We have somewhere between half and 3/4 the number of Xavier as appeared in yesterday’s game. I was actually impressed with our turnout.

UConn fans are at watering holes instead of on the streets.

I’m just judging based on people on the street. The only game I went to was the UConn game. UF seems to have a ton of fans here but maybe UConn people aren’t wearing our gear? Who knows.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
2nd game in as many nights against a team that can’t shoot at all with our length advantage this would be a good time to go, dare I say it, zone.

Reaction Score
they cant shoot at all.
like are a historically bad three point shooting team. 25% LMAO

Like St Joe's, they shoot 30% from three. And it's only that high because they played us.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Xavier is not a deep team. In their tougher early season games they played 5 guys 30 minutes or more. Only one big came off the bench in the Missouri OT game and that was for just 12 minutes. Only a 25% 3 point shooting team. Which means they will probably hit 50% tonight.

Fool's gold. We had a ton of guys out with injuries. Still have a forward and a guard hurt, but we've got three bigs available still. We're not thin.

Reaction Score
They're one of the worst 3 pt shooting teams in D1 this year and also last year. They're not particularly big. Key is to challenge them inside and exploit their lack of depth inside. If guys pitch back out, should get a lot of good looks.

to be specific, our bigs aren't particularly big, but our guards are huge

Reaction Score
Xavier is here IN DROVES! You can’t walk down the street in Charleston and not run into 5-10 of them within the first five minutes.

It’s going to be raucous tonight. There’s a big game feel here.

UConn is well represented but we don’t have the group Xavier has. They and Florida really showed up. We have less but we are loud and rowdy. After us, X and UF I don’t think any other school even knew their team was playing in this tournament. I’ve seen literally one person wearing Miami gear and one person wearing Missouri St. Zero St. Joe’s or Buffalo.
Maybe we’re more employable than Xavier/Florida alums?

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
There is no evidence that Xavier will be tougher than Florida. Not saying we win but the defeatism after 2 promising wins is just...bizarre.
That’s what the last few years will do to a fan base

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom