Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He will be having his in home visits this week:
Today: Texas
Monday:Florida State
Tuesday: Baylor
Wednesday: Illinois
Friday: UConn

XRM will take his SAT on October 8th and begin his official visits soon after.

Per Coast2CoastHoop.

Reaction Score
I would love to get XRM, Woodson and maybe Iverson or another small forward. That's the dream class. Btw, anybody notice that Terrence Samuel jumped from a 2 star 65 rating to a 3 star/borderline 4 star 79 rating on ESPN? Samuel is now a consensus 3 or 4 star prospect on every recruiting site. TS gives us a lot of depth and a big strong 6'3 PG backup if nothing else.

H

Husk-E

the guard position is is pretty strong right now but not if boat leaves. I would love to get XRM and woodson for their offense, and Jordan Bell for D. That would be my dream class. A scorer and two bigs.

Reaction Score
the guard position is is pretty strong right now but not if boat leaves. I would love to get XRM and woodson for their offense, and Jordan Bell for D. That would be my dream class. A scorer and two bigs.

I wish we would just offer Jordan Bell and wrap up that commitment. But I guess the coaching staff isn't as high on him as we are.

H

Husk-E

I wish we would just offer Jordan Bell and wrap up that commitment. But I guess the coaching staff isn't as high on him as we are.
yeah seriously, if you can get a high caliber shot blocker that can still improve his game a lot, just by giving him an offer, why wouldn't you?

Reaction Score
Assuming he has the in-home at school in West Virginia, I doubt Calhoun makes the trip. If he has it with his dad in New Haven, JC will probably be there.

Reaction Score
I don't know about Bell. He is a good shotblocker now, but how much of it will translate to college if he is only 6'7? And if we bring in Woodson as well we would have 4 (Including Bell, but maybe 5- Tolksdorf?) from the past two recruiting classes, in addition to Olander and Wolf. Then of course in 2014 we are after some big time players post players in Vonleh, McCullough, and Okafor. Possible we can get of those 3,will more than likely get 1 of them. I don't think their is room for Bell.

H

Husk-E

I don't know about Bell. He is a good shotblocker now, but how much of it will translate to college if he is only 6'7? And if we bring in Woodson as well we would have 4 (Including Bell, but maybe 5- Tolksdorf?) from the past two recruiting classes, in addition to Olander and Wolf. Then of course in 2014 we are after some big time players post players in Vonleh, McCullough, and Okafor. Possible we can get of those 3,will more than likely get 1 of them. I don't think their is room for Bell.
I just see so much potential in Bell. I love shot blockers. Plus, we don't even know if he's finished growing yet. Even if he just grows a couple more inches he could be an elite shot blocker. If we worked with him more in the post I think he could could be really good. I also think that Okafor will probably end up going to one of the cheaters along with Vonleh in 2014.

Reaction Score

and don't forget we already have top 100 PF/C Kentan Facey committed to the huskies

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
whats the plan/dream right now for the nex couple years guys? is this a fair look at what we may want target wise?

2013:
pg-samuel
sg-xrm, boswell, reed
sf-iverson
pf-facey, agau
c-woodson

2014:
pg-whitehead, beaufort
sg-terrell, hill
sf-
pf-vonleh, mccullough, abu
c- okafor, chu

hell me fill this in?

H

Husk-E

whats the plan/dream right now for the nex couple years guys? is this a fair look at what we may want target wise?

2013:
pg-samuel
sg-xrm, boswell, reed
sf-iverson
pf-facey, agau
c-woodson

2014:
pg-whitehead, beaufort
sg-terrell, hill
sf-
c- okafor, chu

hell me fill this in?
are we still looking at Hamilton? If we are he's my number 2 recruit in 2013.

Reaction Score

2013:
pg-samuel
sg-xrm, boswell, reed
sf-iverson
pf-facey, agau
c-woodson

2014:
pg-whitehead, beaufort
sg-terrell, hill
sf-
c- okafor, chu

hell me fill this in?
2014 sf you could add Kelly Oubre and Shaqquan Aaron

Reaction Score

2013:
pg-samuel
sg-xrm, boswell, reed
sf-iverson
pf-facey, agau
c-woodson

2014:
pg-whitehead, beaufort
sg-terrell, hill
sf-
c- okafor, chu

hell me fill this in?

good list but you gotta add Isaac Hamilton even if it's a long shot. I think we're in his top 5. Probably move up if Ollie gets named HC

Reaction Score
good list but you gotta add Isaac Hamilton even if it's a long shot. I think we're in his top 5. Probably move up if Ollie gets named HC
If you add him then add his brother Daniel Hamilton to SG in 2014.

Reaction Score
I don't think we have any interest in Boswell, he's not a UConn level player in my opinion.

H

Husk-E

I really want the Hamiltons. IMO, if I had to choose between XRM and Hamilton I would probably choose Hamilton, because you get the 2for1 package. That's always nice. If we could could get both of them them that would be my dream class.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
are we still looking at Hamilton? If we are he's my number 2 recruit in 2013.

2014 sf you could add Kelly Oubre and Shaqquan Aaron

If you add him then add his brother Daniel Hamilton to SG in 2014.

good looks guys. i follow fball recruiting so hard now that i can't do the same with bball so i miss a lot of names that are in the convo. 3uconn isn't the first to ask me about this but i think its time we do a recruit thread for bball with a updated flowing chart. i'll take a look at the sites some time soon and gather names and start to get a good feel for whats up and i'm sure u guys can add a lot of info to make it work good.

I don't think we have any interest in Boswell, he's not a UConn level player in my opinion.

i'm not sure he is a uconn level player in the end either but hes def a player to watch as far as just below the top tier of cb. he has good offers already(big east offers included so hes not a bad player, thats for sure). as far as uconn interest, i can tell u that there was some. 2 members of our staff spent several hours with him over the past year or so in open gym workouts to see how his game was. so there is interest at least. i'm happy ko/kh did put in those hours each becuase it shows that they are covering the state well with recruiting and if there is a kid thats on uconns level, then we will recruit him. another kid to add to this list is the sg/sf from ridgefield. our guys spent some time with him one day for gym workouts also.

we will def need to do the chart something like what i do for fball but a bit different. offers vs radar vs talent level some how. i will think about it and get back to u guys.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

I was just going to say that, I actually prefer Isaac Hamilton than XRM, the kid is nice. He'd be the (IMO) the most far along-skill wise- freshman to come in, since Rudy. I know it may be a bit of a stretch but the kid reminds me of a Lower Marion Kobe.

Reaction Score

2013:
pg-samuel
sg-xrm, boswell, reed
sf-iverson
pf-facey, agau
c-woodson

2014:
pg-whitehead, beaufort
sg-terrell, hill
sf-
c- okafor, chu

hell me fill this in?

Great job as always HuskyfanDan (I wish I could use your name)! As far as shooting guards, as was mentioned XRM, Hamilton, and I like this kid E.C. Mathews. I also like Reggie Cameron who is a 2/3 type. XRM and Cameron seem more like shooters, whereas Hamilton and Mathews are slashers. I wish we could have all four (hey, I'm greedy;)).

Reaction Score
not, he is under the uk spell from what I hear

With so much in-state and NE talent, I wish UConn was in a more healthy state to pick off most of this talent, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Mccullough seems like a big catch, but I'm assuming the coaching uncertainty has impacted his thinking. He seemed high on the program a while back, but that seems to have changed. I'm assuming that it's not the program which has cooled on him, but you never know for sure. Sometimes character, academics, style of play, etc. play a part in all this. I'm not implying anything as far as Mccullough or any of the others.

They did seem to cool on Iverson for a while but have jumped back on his bandwagon. I think it had to do with character and work ethic concerns. When a player is blowing up, many programs are willing to overlook some of this. He was not living up to his hype, so I can understand why they might have cooled for a while. Now that his stock was on the rise during the summer, it seemed UConn's intersts rose as well, but that might have opened the door to some other programs. Even with that said, I would not be shocked if the staff prefered other wings over him due to these concerns.

We've all seen plenty of talented kids who lacked the work ethic flame out in college and not live up to their potential. I'd much rather see the program land a latebloomer who is working his ass off over the talented one who's fire might never get lit. I'll leave these decisions to the capable hands of JC and his staff, though I would like to see the program begin to win some of the battles for the elite regional players considering there seems to be some of the best talent coming out of the northeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom