Xavier Rathan-Mayes Skipped UConn Visit to Study for SAT's,His Dad Says | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier Rathan-Mayes Skipped UConn Visit to Study for SAT's,His Dad Says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thank you Fishy. I have heard the same for over a week now.

Reaction Score
He's not committing to UConn - they were never close to getting this one.

that is easy to say after the fact. why not a heads up fishy????...:)

Reaction Score
How do you 'study' for SATs? He's shuckin' KO.

Funny, I can't think of one HS jock that actually studied for their SATs, especially the first test. Have times changed?

Reaction Score
Did you hear he cancelled a visit to UConn?

Really? Why would you selectively chop the rest of my quote which clearly answers that questions. Obviously, the title alone of this thread would imply I know he cancelled his visit to uconn. As I said previously and you neglected to notice, no one has any reports that we are out just like there are no reports that fsu is in.

Reaction Score
Really? Why would you selectively chop the rest of my quote which clearly answers that questions. Obviously, the title alone of this thread would imply I know he cancelled his visit to uconn. As I said previously and you neglected to notice, no one has any reports that we are out just like there are no reports that fsu is in.
Calm down he's kidding.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Andre might be able to talk to him about UConn, but we'll see.

Reaction Score
Common sense does dictate that it is better to learn from Ollie (and Calhoun) than the coaches at FSU and Illinois. Illinois fans are begging to be relevant.

Reaction Score
As much as I trust fishy and 99's sources, you just never know with recruiting. How many kids have committed to us over the years out of nowhere, or when another school was the perceived front runner? Ultimately, nobody knows but the kid. Look at the Noel recruitment - first Syracuse was ahead, then everything pointed towards Georgetown, and then he signed with Kentucky at the last minute. What about Roscoe Smith? It looked to me like he was between Duke and Georgetown when he committed here.

On a more personal note, it's kind of odd to realize these recruits are the same age as me. I've been following UConn basketball passionately since about 2008, when I was in seventh grade. At the time, guys like Hasheem Thabeet and Jeff Adrien were like super heroes to me. One of the kids UConn is after (Noah Vonleh) played on my AAU team in sixth and seventh grade. I guess there always comes a day when you realize high-caliber basketball players are regular kids and not super-human.

Reaction Score
He's not committing to UConn - they were never close to getting this one.

I disagree fishy with half your statement. I think we where in the ruunning and had a punchers chance.

Reaction Score
I disagree fishy with half your statement. I think we where in the ruunning and had a punchers chance.

If we weren't in the running we wouldn't be in his top 3

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
It just doesn't make sense to me.

When you want to go pro, where do you think of? Illinois, Florida St?

Reaction Score
"When you want to go pro, where do you think of? "

Weber State.

Only regarded as a two-star prospect by Rivals.com,[2] he was not heavily recruited out of high school.

Reaction Score

You have to take what these kids say with a grain of salt. Every top recruit wants to go pro - doesn't mean they're all going to go to Uconn, Duke, or Kentucky. The kid's parents both went to Florida State. That's likely a bigger factor than anything else.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
You have to take what these kids say with a grain of salt. Every top recruit wants to go pro - doesn't mean they're all going to go to Uconn, Duke, or Kentucky. The kid's parents both went to Florida State. That's likely a bigger factor than anything else.

His dad living in CT then is a factor as well then. Are his parents divorced?

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score

Well, when you idolize Der. Williams, I think you might start with Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom