Xavier Rathan-Mayes Skipped UConn Visit to Study for SAT's,His Dad Says | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Xavier Rathan-Mayes Skipped UConn Visit to Study for SAT's,His Dad Says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It just doesn't make sense to me.

When you want to go pro, where do you think of? Illinois, Florida St?

UConn definitely has had more success over FSU and Illinois in terms of producing pros but FSU and Illinois are still major conference schools with tons of exposure. If you're good enough and play for FSU or Illinois its no different than going to UConn. I guy from Weber St went 6th overall this year. A guy from St. Boneventure went top 20. Even guys from Tennessee Tech and UCSB had people drafted this year. If you're good enough, you're good enough.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UConn definitely has had more success over FSU and Illinois in terms of producing pros but FSU and Illinois are still major conference schools with tons of exposure. If you're good enough and play for FSU or Illinois its no different than going to UConn. I guy from Weber St went 6th overall this year. A guy from St. Boneventure went top 20. Even guys from Tennessee Tech and UCSB had people drafted this year. If you're good enough, you're good enough.

This is 100%. To add to that, playing at a high-caliber program leads to more exposure. There are plenty of players in the smaller conferences who are very good. But they don't get noticed as much.

But when I put it like that, there is no difference between Illinois and UConn except for the number of players each school has sent to the professional ranks.

Reaction Score
This is 100%. To add to that, playing at a high-caliber program leads to more exposure. There are plenty of players in the smaller conferences who are very good. But they don't get noticed as much.

But when I put it like that, there is no difference between Illinois and UConn except for the number of players each school has sent to the professional ranks.

Yep. And lets not forget that tons of foreign players get drafted each year that don't even have any US exposure and yet somehow always seem to be found.

With allll this said.. i still hope XRM comes here haha

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Yep. And lets not forget that tons of foreign players get drafted each year that don't even have any US exposure and yet somehow always seem to be found.

With allll this said.. i still hope XRM comes here haha

Me too, but he better study hard for those SATs, even if it is his Homecoming Weekend...

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Certainly don't need to study for SATs if FSU is the target.

His SAT's aren't good enough to get into UConn. So he must be studying for....entrance to UConn. Win.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I like being the darkhorse. No goal = no feeling of remorse.

If I may quote Average Joe's captain, Peter LaFleur,

"I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom