Xavier Rathan-Mayes Could Return Home--liking uconn | The Boneyard

Xavier Rathan-Mayes Could Return Home--liking uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is the son of Therron Mayes (think its Tharon) of New Haven lore. Very good scoring guard from Lee I think back in the 80's??

I'm almost certain he was on a ridiculous Hillhouse team that was unstoppable. They were one of the best teams in the country.

Reaction Score
I think he played at both Lee (until it closed) and Hillhouse

Reaction Score
Theron almost went to UConn. JC was new and his 1st official recruit was a Texan, James Spradling. In those days coaches could comment on recruits even before they signed. Calhoun said Mayes would be a "great get" for UConn. Shortly after, UConn had to pass on Theron. I believe academics were of concern, and UConn dodn't have the support system in place yet.
Calhoun was quoted as saying 'we don't want to make a mistake with a CT kid". Mayes ended up at Fla. State and had a great career. I believe he played a few years in the NBA.
Hopefully his son will be that "great get" towards the end of JC's career.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
is he pure sg? pg? combo? or what? i think the ct connection is going a long wau with him among other factors. he would be a solid add to this program. if he is combo or more pg with that size he would be the perfect commit. he could watch bazz/boat a bit before getting major time which would give the staff plently of time to work with him.

Reaction Score
He is really good, this would be a bigtime commit. Tharon is his father, pretty sure he did some growing up with the father in New Haaven and some with the mother in Canada, He know plays for a stacked Huntington team in West Virginia with Andrew Wiggins and a bunch of other studs. If Xavier Rathan-Mayes played all his basketball in the US he woujld be a household name and a top 25 recruit.

Reaction Score
He is playing his high school ball in the US now. He is a shooter but not very athletic. he still needs to grow into his body some. I dont think he is a top 25 player in the 2013 class.

Reaction Score
hearing he is slow for the PG postition, more a 2.

Reaction Score
hearing he is slow for the PG postition, more a 2.

His dad was very quick and long - excellent scorer for the Seminoles.......if he can score "slow" is relative. So was Marcus Williams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom