Xavier Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Xavier Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Xavier game:
  • Per Geno, “You don’t become a good March team in March.” While UConn’s offense was inconsistent at times, the Huskies defense was suffocating once again. I felt bad for the Musketeers who’s season has been battered by Covid stoppages, and they were clearly never in the game.
  • Did anyone else start clutching their chest when Paige rolled her ankle again? I sure hope this isn’t one of those lingering problems that dogs her all season.
  • Liv came out with a purpose today. She was 4/5, with 5 rbs, 4 asts & 1 blk in the 1st qtr.
  • Christyn seems to almost play her way into the game. Her first two shots were a brick and an air-ball, after which she was 9/14 with 22 pts.
  • Nika might want to take it easy with no look passes, particularly when an easy pass to an open teammate would be a better option, although I must say I love the fact that the shortest Husky on the court had 8 rebounds, many of which were grabbed in traffic.
  • Aaliyah with a hard-earned double-double; 16pts & 11rbs. She is one tough Canadian.
  • Evina's stat line: 8 pts, 9 rbs, 5 ast, 3 stl, 2 blk. She is the "Swiss Army Knife."
  • It certainly looks like Geno has settled on a 7-player rotation heading into the tournament, subject to Anna’s potential availability.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First game AE has double-double, 16 pts, 11 rebs. ONO can score triple-double today but Geno pull her out at middle of 3Q.

Paige 11 pts 7 asts 2 stls, CW 22 pts, ONO 11 pts 8 rebs 6 asts, Evina 8 pts, Nika 4 pts 8 rebs 3 asts, 5 stls. Nika has a great game today.

Reaction Score
Didn’t watch the game but when did Paige roll her ankle and how much did she play ?

Reaction Score
I thought that they played pretty well, all of them. Geno was happy. Defense was good and offense was impressive. X has their problems, but UConn did not look tired or shabby. Nice rest. Another rest is coming before they play again. Good job UConn! Chrystin critics.........maybe some compliments this time.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Didn’t watch the game but when did Paige roll her ankle and how much did she play ?
Midway though the 1st qtr. She came back and played after a few minutes on the bench.

Reaction Score
  • I love that 3 of the top 6 in the rotation are freshman
  • AE is shooting almost 70% and is getting to be a consistent 8+ points, 8+ rebounds. You always know what you are going to get with her. I can see why Geno really like her game.

Reaction Score
Top 3 observations from this afternoon's game:

1) Super game from C. Williams
2) Great game off the Bench from A. Edwards
3) the RED HEADED UCONN Fan in attendance needs to learn how to properly wear a Face Mask !!!

Reaction Score
Patrick Mahomes has nothing on Paige when it came to her passes today. They were money!

Evina may be one of the quietest impact players on any team in the county. When the game is over her fingerprint is all over it.

Great to see CW and Ono have strong games. Now let’s keep it up.

Love Nika’s compete level. Her shot will come around.

AE gets a little lost in the Paige sunlight but she’s been every bit as important to the teams success.

Reaction Score
Nika didn’t hide how pissed she was that an Xavier player tried to harass her when she was just trying to dribble out. You know where you are with this girl. She brings an energy to the game as injured Anna’s replacement even if she lacks Anna’s judgment and shooting. If Anna heals, the two could really complement each other.

Reaction Score
Top 3 observations from this afternoon's game:

1) Super game from C. Williams
2) Great game off the Bench from A. Edwards
3) the RED HEADED UCONN Fan in attendance needs to learn how to properly wear a Face Mask !!!
Yeah, that mask wearing got me as well.

Reaction Score
Nika didn’t hide how pissed she was that an Xavier player tried to harass her when she was just trying to dribble out. You know where you are with this girl. She brings an energy to the game as injured Anna’s replacement even if she lacks Anna’s judgment and shooting. If Anna heals, the two could really complement each other.
Nika has only 4 pts but her 8 rebs 3 asts, 5 stls are very impressive.

Reaction Score
Patrick Mahomes has nothing on Paige when it came to her passes today. They were money!

Evina may be one of the quietest impact players on any team in the county. When the game is over her fingerprint is all over it.

Great to see CW and Ono have strong games. Now let’s keep it up.

Love Nika’s compete level. Her shot will come around.

AE gets a little lost in the Paige sunlight but she’s been every bit as important to the teams success.
Edwards has played really well, but I disagree with the above statement.

Reaction Score
Substandard shooting performance by her standards and our expectations for Paige. Of course she threw a couple of nice touchdown passes. Nice game by both bigs. Christyn with another nice game. Sailor has a quick release but hope her accuracy gets better. My hometown girl Piath with another 2.
On the other hand I find myself glad that I cannot attend games this year. Can you imagine standing and clapping that long before a score? Hard work!

Reaction Score
Edwards only had one personal foul.

Geno said to not get mad at Nika if she doesn't look at you when she's talking to you. She doesn't look at the player she's passing to either.

Paige didn't play as well after she twisted her ankle. She seemed mad at herself about her game today.

Evina and Olivia had some nice passing going on early.

Piath with another strong outback.

Mir got some good minutes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If UConn wins their 12th championship this season, it will largely be the result of their defense. Since Arkansas put up 90, nine games ago, UConn's defense has been relentless, and it's getting better every game. Opposing teams will have their hands full trying to establish an effective offense against this team.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Well balanced game for the offense and the defense. There were times when I felt sorry for Xavier. We were passing and moving so well that Xavier had no chance to stop us from scoring.

Without listing all the details, Liv, Paige, Nika, Christyn, Evina and Aaliyah all had well balanced games.

I like Geno's comment on the post game of Christyn becoming a complete player on the offense and the defense. She did a terrific job on Xavier's key player.

On to Creighton who took down DePaul today.

Reaction Score
There are 10 scholarship players who need minutes. Don’t hold your breath waiting for her to play the rest of the season. Saylor is getting her minutes.
Also, we have a few games left until post season - this is usually the time when the rotation pretty much goes to 7 ish and it’s more about getting ready for March than giving minutes to everyone. So I wouldn’t expect to see many minutes for those outside of the rotation regardless of the score.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom