Xavier line prediction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier line prediction

Reaction Score
Xavier started strong their last game and I expect the same, even us having to overcome a 2nd half deficit. No outcome would truly surprise me on this one from a 10 point win to a 10 point loss. Keep the fresh bodies coming.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I love our team but I am pounding the Xavier money line as soon as it opens as an emotional hedge.
Yikes

If you want an emotional hedge why wouldn’t you take Xavier and the points?? That way you could possibly win twice.

Yes!
Ngapa Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
No loss is fine. I just don't get that kind of thinking. I also don't think we will go 39-0. One game at a time, one possession at a time.
I was just saying that this is a game where I wouldn't be overly upset if we lose. I'd obviously love to win every game. In the grand scheme of things, losing 3 games the rest of the regular season likely means we win the BE regular season and lock up a 1 seed in the East regional

Reaction Score
I think this is actually a much better matchup for us. Xavier plays no defense and tries to play up tempo on offense.

We’re going to struggle more this year with teams that try to muck it up. Ie. Villanova, Providence, Creighton
Agreed. Conference road games are tough and they're a very good team but they don't play much D, aren't all that athletic, and like to play fast while being highly efficient from the floor. They turn it over a lot and I think our athleticism/defensive pressure/depth will be tough for them.

UConn could certainly lose but I think it would take a really bad shooting outing and UConn beating themselves for this to be a loss.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Pretty simple - it’s an emotional hedge - if they lose I want the added payout of the moneyline. If we win and don’t cover I’m still happy.

Its your money.

I mean @uconngb has it right. You can win twice.

And Im a gambler, your added payout on the moneyline is (I will estimate here since the line isnt out) is +135 maybe +140.....

those are not huge amount of dollars (compared to spread line) to give up the chance of a UConn AND bet win (thats just me) . Enjoy your possible extra 40 bucks though.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
UConn could certainly lose but I think it would take a really bad shooting outing and UConn beating themselves for this to be a loss.

Bad shooting is the X factor (no pun intended here) ........ I thought 30 threes was too many to take against nova and we shot like 28%. X packs it in and will dare us to shoot even more than that.

Reaction Score
If you want an emotional hedge why wouldn’t you take Xavier and the points?? That way you could possibly win twice.
I did that with Nova +14.5 when there was an enormous "moat" (UConn wins but doesn't cover).

That's not going to be the case here.

Reaction Score
Its your money.

I mean @uconngb has it right. You can win twice.

And Im a gambler, your added payout on the moneyline is (I will estimate here since the line isnt out) is +135 maybe +140.....

those are not huge amount of dollars (compared to spread line) to give up the chance of a UConn AND bet win (thats just me) . Enjoy your possible extra 40 bucks though.
Oh no no no, friend. If the spread is -5 or whatever, the moneyline will be like -200/+175.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Lol what a ridiculous comment
You think oddsmakers want UConn to go 29-2 ATS? That’s free money for betters.

We’re going to get highs spreads in hopes we don’t cover.

Reaction Score
You think oddsmakers want UConn to go 29-2 ATS? That’s free money for betters.

We’re going to get highs spreads in hopes we don’t cover.
Haha you know people are not just blindly betting UConn? As I posted in Nova line thread, over 80% of the handle was Nova. The books wanted UConn bad.

Been a lot of games, where more money was on the opponent then UConn.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
X is a very good team. We'll learn a lot tomorrow. A very tough true road game

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Oh no no no, friend. If the spread is -5 or whatever, the moneyline will be like -200/+175.
whelp considering I bet providence last night moneyline at +130 when butler was -3 , I think I have a good benchmark on a 3 to 5 spread

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I'm gonna guess UConn -1.5 but I also wouldn't be surprised to see something like UConn -6.5. Either way, I don't have high hopes for tomorrow. I've had this game penciled in as an L the entire season, which is fine. We're not gonna win every game and this will be the hardest test for the remainder of the season. If we do win though...oh my
Ok I will admit I pencilled this in as our 3rd loss of the season too. So far I am not good - hope it continues

Reaction Score
Ok I will admit I pencilled this in as our 3rd loss of the season too. So far I am not good - hope it continues
Ditto.

Xavier will bring the pain...I think this game will be our first true nail biter.

Reaction Score
One of the things we do have going for us is our team to loves the “hate”. Put them on a hostile court and give AJ a reason to pop off- this group feeds on it.
Close game - but we play strong.
DOOMED!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
One of the things we do have going for us is our team to loves the “hate”. Put them on a hostile court and give AJ a reason to pop off- this group feeds on it.
Close game - but we play strong.
DOOMED!
ric flair GIF

Reaction Score
I was nervous about this game until I saw the implied final score… 77-74

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members