Xavier, Indiana, Wichita State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier, Indiana, Wichita State

Reaction Score
3 games all decided by 1 possession. 2 of these teams ranked in the top 25. How different our season could’ve been if we could close 2/3 of these out. Obviously very close to being a great team and help is on the way. The whole state should be excited about next season
Thought about that earlier and made me want to puke. It’s like we are so close to turning a corner and just can’t do it. Hopefully will come this season even if we miss the dance. Let’s go dogs.

Reaction Score
Can UConn make the tourney with some January-February wins?

Current RPI (Nolan) is 117....how far up would that have to go to make the cut?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
An old school UConn team circa 1990-2014 wins that game after rallying to force OT. No doubt.
To be honest, those wins are easier come by when you're the Top 25 squad.

Reaction Score

I’d say to make the tournament we can’t have more than 9 regular reason losses. That would mean 11-3 the rest of the season. Unlikely but if we give the same effort we did yesterday, it’s possible.

Reaction Score

RPI is not a thing anymore. Don't even look at it. Our NET is 84 and KenPom 77. We'd need to raise those up 20-30 places, which gets harder later in the season. We'd have to win 90% of our games by healthy margins.

Reaction Score
Our only acceptable losses are Xavier and Wichita. There’s 0 excuse for losing to St. Joe’s, Indiana, Cincinnati, and USF. If this team showed up to every game the way we did today, we’d be 14-2 looking at a sure fire at-large bid.

I thought the Xavier loss was the worst loss of all of them. Kid hits a 35 ft 3 who's a bad, bad perimeter shooter. Wichita second because i think if we convert the first bucket at the start of the first ot we win the game. Two point blank looks and can't finish. We had all the momentum. St. Joe and IU, we should win those. Cincy at their place, not so much.

Reaction Score
If Hurley thought he could win big this year, he would have tried very hard to get Cole eligible.
This year is to get Bouk, Akok, Springs, Cole, Carlton, Adams ready for next year. Look for a big push for another big, unless some stud materializes instead. AG and Vital just have too many flaws in their games to win at this level.
Another Vital hater. Did you even watch the game?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Calhoun broke out by landing back to back Connecticut Mr. Basketballs that happened to be NBA caliber talents, and then a 6'8 Israeli point forward showed up out of nowhere and catapulted UConn to the Top 10. Calhoun used that season to land the first nationally ranked class, and then proved to recruits that they should play for him by putting players in the League.

Hurley is going to have to grind it out. I like Bouk and Akok, but this 1 or 2 and done talk is ridiculous. Maybe, if everything breaks right, one of them leaves after their junior year.

Reaction Score
1. Bouknight doesn’t do something stupid = a win St. Joes 10-6 -> 11-5

2. Xavier... lucky shot no good = a win and 11-5 -> 12-4.

Already a stronger resume, better record, quality neutral court win gets rid of a bad bad loss.

3. Wichita State, non AAC refs = a win and 12-4 -> 13-3.

Now our blemishes are the big road losses to Cinci and USF which were piss poor and you have to accept them. We caught Indiana on a bad night but we were also bad that night. A neutral court loss by 3 to a top 30 team isn’t a bad loss whatsoever.

I think everyone would be much happier with these 3 events occurring and we’d be looking like a a likely auto bid in our future despite two bad losses on the road.

Next season hopefully the minor flaws that will set us back are fixed because we went from not competing to competing but now we need to learn how to finish and win.

Can’t believe how close this team was to 13-3 / 14-2 they’ve competed so hard but they need a little more time.

Reaction Score
You can add Nova to the list. Teams so close to being good. I’m confident next season will be a good one. Proved we can hang with the best of the BigEast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom