Xavier Game Cancelled | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier Game Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

To be clear I was referring to the Courants article dated today which was stating the following:

As of Wednesday, multiple Power 5 conferences rescinded their forfeit policies. Although the Big East has not made an official announcement, both Jon Rothstein and Zach Braziller reported that the league will rescind its forfeit rule, try to reschedule games moving forward and that previous forfeits will be reversed.

Considering Wednesday was the day of the Big East's announcement, posting inaccurate information as of four days later seemed like poor reporting. The announcement was correct.. it's considered a cancelation; but the Big East policy had long been updated and the Courant had yet to recognize details from several days prior.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought the reduced quarantine was only for health care workers

Nope. For all. Finally mapping to the data. Germany went to 7 days over a year ago. Shedding ends even faster for the vaccinated.

Hope everyone on the team recovers quickly, including Dan, who is probably going to go stir crazy in quarantine.

Reaction Score
Every time I watched Hurley hug or closely shake hands while unmasked with opposing coaches and players this season I honestly said what are you doing? Who knows how he caught it but hugging people not in your circle is a bad idea if you want to avoid testing positive.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this gets rescheduled to when Sanogo is 100% healed up and we get a statement top-25 win on the road. :)

Reaction Score
Every time I watched Hurley hug or closely shake hands while unmasked with opposing coaches and players this season I honestly said what are you doing? Who knows how he caught it but hugging people not in your circle is a bad idea if you want to avoid testing positive.
Everyone is getting it by traveling and meeting for holidays. Unless they all got it because of the Marquette game, we otherwise haven’t played a game since well before DH’s exposure

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not the OPs fault given the tweet, but again with the titles.

The game is postponed, it will be rescheduled, it is not cancelled.
Again you stand to be corrected
The league hasn't installed their proposed protocol as of yet so it is classified as a CANCELLATION
So yes, as of this moment it is classified as being cancelled

Reaction Score
Covid is running wild right now, not much you can do except lock yourself up in your house for the next month. Just ran through my house this past 2 weeks, me, the wife and 2 kids all tested positive. All very mild symptoms, kids hardly anything. We're all recovered now. Stay hydrated and get rest.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

It says “canceled“ throughout the Big East’s and UConn’s announcements. I have a feeling many of these games won’t be made up.

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Reaction Score
Covid is running wild right now, not much you can do except lock yourself up in your house for the next month. Just ran through my house this past 2 weeks, me, the wife and 2 kids all tested positive. All very mild symptoms, kids hardly anything. We're all recovered now. Stay hydrated and get rest.
Glad you're doing well. Same situation in our house. My wife and I are boosted but we both probably got it at school where it's blowing up.

Just feels like a cold, but no fever, etc. Still exercising and going on walks. Just thankful that the new variant is met with higher vaccination rates than the other variants and its bite is much more mild.

Overall, I'm hopeful that this variant is the first of many variants that will render this virus "endemic".

Curiouser
Reaction Score

The league hasn't installed their proposed protocol as of yet so it is classified as a CANCELLATION
The thing that matters is that it is not forfeited. It will either be rescheduled or not count for either team (“no contest”) if it can’t be. The fact that it’s this early obviously greatly increases the chances that it will be rescheduled.

Reaction Score
Wow, you actually provided something useful. I am shocked.

Reaction Score
My understanding of the whole cancel vs. postpone issue is that they are using the word "cancel" for all Big East games that can't be played because of covid issues. They will do their best to reschedule all games, but, not knowing beforehand if they'll be able to do so, they can't really call them postponed, even though some (hopefully all?) will be postponements in hindsight.

Reaction Score

Just like last year’s games we’re supposed to be rescheduled. I hope they indeed get rescheduled

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I had a feeling this would happen when I heard one Marquette player was being held out due to Covid. Given the transmissibility of this virus variant it is likely that others on the Marquette team were exposed but not enough time had passed to test positive. Lets be thankful that everyone on our team is vaccinated which means that any signs of infection should be mild. Also pray that when our kids went home they didn't expose someone in their family who is unvaccinated and/or immuno-compromised. Get healthy - we'll be here when you all are ready

Reaction Score
Least this gives Sanogo and Tyrese more time rest.
Agreed, getting a little extra time and having the first game after break be at home against Butler is a real win. Need the game to be rescheduled though for the opportunity at a great win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom