WTF is our schedule for next year? | The Boneyard

WTF is our schedule for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So I'm gonna go on a limb and guess Louisville is gone next season so there's one hole. I'm guessing RU is stuck bc they need to wait for MD. I'm also going to guess that Boise and SDSU will not come over. Sure they'll commit to this disaster and in a month or so they'll realize they wont get any more money than if they stayed in the MWC. So wtf then?

I'm so livid right now. I can't believe that our program is being left for dead in all sports. It's very possible we don't have a conference as soon as 2013.

Plus, who the hell invited Tulane? All the articles state that the bball schools hated the add. You're telling me the FB schools added them??

I am so at a loss for words right now. I wanna throw my phone out the window after reading twitter and the BY

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
All the teams leaving wouldn't impact the football schedule at all.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
All the teams leaving wouldn't impact the football schedule at all.

They would if other teams decide it's not worth coming due to less money (SDSU, Boise)

Reaction Score
They would if other teams decide it's not worth coming due to less money (SDSU, Boise)

Louisville and Rutgers will be in the BE next year. Boise & SDST........not so sure.

Reaction Score
Tulane was only invited because of the t.v. market. Sadly that is what it comes down to. I'd rather have Umass FAU would be better.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Louisville and Rutgers will be in the BE next year. Boise & SDST........not so sure.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Louisville get out early because league is dissolving. They could tell them it's a $40 mill exit fee and Louisville can say fine while never having to pay because of league dissolution.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be shocked to see Louisville get out early because league is dissolving. They could tell them it's a $40 mill exit fee and Louisville can say fine while never having to pay because of league dissolution.

The ACC has no room for Ville next year. They can't simply go whenever they want. They will be a BE (or whatever the conf is called next year) member next year.

Reaction Score
So I'm gonna go on a limb and guess Louisville is gone next season so there's one hole. I'm guessing RU is stuck bc they need to wait for MD. I'm also going to guess that Boise and SDSU will not come over. Sure they'll commit to this disaster and in a month or so they'll realize they wont get any more money than if they stayed in the MWC. So wtf then?

I'm so livid right now. I can't believe that our program is being left for dead in all sports. It's very possible we don't have a conference as soon as 2013.

Plus, who the hell invited Tulane? All the articles state that the bball schools hated the add. You're telling me the FB schools added them??

I am so at a loss for words right now. I wanna throw my phone out the window after reading twitter and the BY

Why would they have released the schedule? They just can't leave when they feel like it.

Next year proves to be the best home schedule ever.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Why would they have released the schedule? They just can't leave when they feel like it.

WVU left after the schedule was made. Can't see why this would be any different

Reaction Score
Tulane was only invited because of the t.v. market. Sadly that is what it comes down to. I'd rather have Umass **** FAU would be better.
No way... Tulane is in football talent rich Louisiana... Funny thing, the only school in this area that's been able to bring recruits up there is FCS level ( Fordham )... Maybe we can get some kids (FBS level to give UCONN more of a look see )

Reaction Score

The Big 12 needed WVU to leave because of their own defections. The ACC has no need for Ville next year. None. Nada. Zippo. Boise, SDSU, and others can absolutely still tell the league to pound sand if they have a better alternative. What's Ville's alternative?

Reaction Score
Let's just be sure to not bring in that midwestern powerhouse, WMU.

Reaction Score

Last year we knew the WVU was out. This time nobody is leaving early. They can't, as far as I can see.

Reaction Score
Schedule.....if the league is dissovled we don't have a conference.

Not necessarily true...

Altered Big East would likely retain AQ status for BCS

George Schroeder and Dan Wolken, USA TODAY SportsShare

4:26PM EST December 13. 2012 - No matter what happens with the seven Catholic, non-football schools contemplating a breakaway from the Big East, the remaining football members would likely retain automatic qualifying status to the BCS in 2013, according to a high-ranking official with knowledge of the BCS structure. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the situation is still in the hypothetical stages.
Whether the seven non-football schools negotiate a breakaway or vote to dissolve the Big East, seven schools -- UConn, Cincinnati, Houston, SMU, Memphis, Temple, Central Florida and South Florida – are slated to be in a conference together in 2013. Plus, Rutgers and Louisville, departing for the Big Ten and ACC, respectively, are not supposed to join their new leagues until 2014, though the current instability could help them go earlier. Boise State and San Diego State agreed to join the Big East as football-only members in 2013.

The BCS is being replaced by a playoff structure in 2014, but the Big East still has automatic qualifier status in 2013. That bid, worth upwards of $20 million, could be a key in how the remaining schools proceed once the non-football schools make their move.

Even if that group of schools didn't have the Big East name, the person with knowledge said they would retain that BCS bid under any structure.

"This is unchartered territory," the person said. "This is about the schools. The fact is the Big East schools earned (AQ status) under the rules for '12 and '13."

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What's even better is we have no OOC games yet for 2014, we could literally have no one to play at all if the conference dissolves.

Reaction Score
Ok. So most people think we will be 4-8 next year. Except the guy who thinks we will be 3-8 and not play a 12th game. And we are worried about AQ status?

Hmm.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Just think with this bullish!t goin on one day we might dominate division 2

Reaction Score
I am getting season tickets in 2013 because it will be the best home slate ever and it could be a LONG time before we ever see anything close to it again. After next season it will be like when we played at Memorial Field except there are more seats at the Rent

Reaction Score
We have a strong chance to go 12-0 at home!
Our stellar AD can arrange that. He's got that covered with a strong in at Buffalo. Double down on PP and stick your head in the sand. What an f'in joke. I am just astounded how poorly Herbst and Manuel have failed to maneuver through this. This is sheer malpractice. No worse. Even a President and AD with a pulse would have been working overtime to position out of this slow motion implosion.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
FWIW (note I pasted randomly, they are not in chronological order):

@DanWolken
Has anybody looked at the makeup of the MWC in 2013? That's not the old MWC, either. Not automatic Boise/SDSU want to go back. Trust me.

@DanWolken
@ralphDrussoAP The structure of the Big East is more favorable b/c they can start from scratch on a TV deal; MWC locked into theirs.

@DanWolken if the Big East football markets are so good why don't they have a contract?
Expand

Dan Wolken@DanWolken
@dkorteCSU They've been negotiating one and it will be better than what MWC has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom