WTF has happened to Hamilton? | The Boneyard

WTF has happened to Hamilton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He doesn't even look like a D1 player the last two games, it's cringeworthy.

Reaction Score
he went from passive assist maker to chucker... hope he finds his groove. We don't make the tournament without him

Reaction Score
I think one problem with his shot is he doesn't elevate. A static jump shot is tough, someone on the staff should try and work with him on that

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He doesn't even look like a D1 player the last two games, it's cringeworthy.
Pump the brakes on that. He's not playing like he has but he is still playing well, better defense, and now you see Gibbs confidence coming up. I would like hamilton to start posting up too

Reaction Score
I think one problem with his shot is he doesn't elevate. A static jump shot is tough, someone on the staff should try and work with him on that

when he gets up he freezes and makes an errant pass

Reaction Score
Hamilton has stopped penetrating inside the foul line where he makes a lot of floaters or dishes for a dunk.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm okay with his journey.

He's still figuring out how to make his skis work for the team
Agreed. The team would rely on him too much and would stand around when he dribbles. Now there's more Movement with and without the ball

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hamilton has stopped penetrating inside the foul line where he makes a lot of floaters or dishes for a dunk.
Bc teams know he does that all the time. The team is becoming more involved

Reaction Score
I know what happened to him. He was playing an all around game. Not forcing it. Suddenly there was a push from the announcers, from the boards, from whoever that he needs to shoot more. That he is hurting the team if he doesn't. He has tried to play that way now and its not working for him. The problem now is its hard to go back to the other way because of the pressure and all the talent out there. If he tries to go back and screws up a few times....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The loss of Brimah seems to have affected him the most. Brimah had the ability to drag some of the big defenders out of the lane for him.

The lob to the rim for Brimah was a great bail out for Hamilton.

I'm okay with him. He rebounded and competed. He's a work in progress.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
No, Boatright. DHam is literally the only guy who can drive to the basket and make a play for someone else. So, teams are squeezing him the moment he puts the ball on the floor.

Reaction Score
His Temple performance definitely got inside his head. He's been extremely sporadic with his offensive game, and it's not surprising his assists have drastically gone down with no Brimah.

Gotta give him a little credit for his consistent defensive rebounding tho...

Reaction Score
The lob to the rim for Brimah was a great bail out for Hamilton.

I'm okay with him. He rebounded and competed. He's a work in progress.
Unfortunately we are relying on him to be our Blue Chip NBA caliber player -not a work in progress. we will only be mediocre until he comes back out of this mini funk.

Reaction Score
Could the simple answer just be that opponents have 'successfully' developed a plan to neutralize him. He's too good to have this happen and he needs the Coaches and teammates help.

Stop him and you stop UConn. Its now a chess game and its Ollie's move.

Reaction Score
He's not the first or the last player to hit a funk at this stage. It's a difficult leap from very good to great. The other Hamilton hit the skids for a while with a series of 4-15 games when he couldn't buy a bucket. Caron's light went on around the end of January, but he trudged through some struggles . Ben's sophomore year was up and down. Bazz was something like 0-24 in one painful stretch of his.

Just has to fight through it. Fortunately, we won this one so he could go through some growing pains with no team pains.

Reaction Score
I think it's simple. He's rushing his shot. He's typically patient with it, and he hangs in the air to measure it. Right now he's just firing it up. Rushing. That's a sign of panic. He just needs to get a hold of himself.

Reaction Score
Just to make sure we're all on the same page, he finished with 12 pts, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals.

And that's great. And maybe we're too hard on him here. But he is so much better than his last few performances

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm okay with his journey.

He's still figuring out how to make his skis work for the team
Then someone really needs to break the news to him ASAP that this is D1 hoops not the giant slalom before our season goes 'downhill'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom