WTF has happened to Hamilton? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WTF has happened to Hamilton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hamilton has stopped penetrating inside the foul line where he makes a lot of floaters or dishes for a dunk.

teams are adjusting and packing in the lane. guys play off him now and try to take away the middle of the lane. he can't shoot and his go to stuff has been figured out. he needs to adjust and force teams to play him differently.

also, not having Brimah in the post hurts him as he was a consistent target for his passes and also forced a post defender to stay near the baseline versus helping early above the dotted line

Reaction Score
teams are adjusting and packing in the lane. guys play off him now and try to take away the middle of the lane. he can't shoot and his go to stuff has been figured out. he needs to adjust and force teams to play him differently.

also, not having Brimah in the post hurts him as he was a consistent target for his passes and also forced a post defender to stay near the baseline versus helping early above the dotted line

All solid points but he's missed the same short bankers he's made before a lot and has made really awful decisions, no denying that. It's packed in a little more but he's still getting to his spots but struggling to make a shot.

Hopefully it ends in Texas.

Reaction Score
I think I was the only one on this forum to say that Hamilton looked TERRIBLE in the Tulane game with a thread I created. Now look what has come from it. The last 2 games, (3 including Tulane), Hamilton has been completely out of his element with fluid & confident play; especially during the last quarter of the game.

I think more times than not it slips uconn fan's minds that he's still a sophomore, and yes I am going to say it, overrated. Now this does not make him a bad player by any means, I'm not saying that. People just expect way too much from him, including Ollie. And yes half of his versatility comes from lob dunks to Brimah.

I will give credit where credit is due, he is a rebounding machine at his size and position, but after that and after these last 3 games a mediocre player. (This is me judging him on his stat line and eye test with games and opponents that actually matter; not early season CCSU's & Sacred Hearts where he boosted his stats).

I strongly believe he needs 1 more year with us. Let him tag team with Larrier and see whether or not we can cut down the nets come April.

Reaction Score
He doesn't even look like a D1 player the last two games, it's cringeworthy.
He is still hitting the boards. Also, the attention he gets frees up Gibbs. His shot will come around.

Reaction Score
I think I was the only one on this forum to say that Hamilton looked TERRIBLE in the Tulane game with a thread I created. Now look what has come from it. The last 2 games, (3 including Tulane), Hamilton has been completely out of his element with fluid & confident play; especially during the last quarter of the game.

I think more times than not it slips uconn fan's minds that he's still a sophomore, and yes I am going to say it, overrated. Now this does not make him a bad player by any means, I'm not saying that. People just expect way too much from him, including Ollie. And yes half of his versatility comes from lob dunks to Brimah.

I will give credit where credit is due, he is a rebounding machine at his size and position, but after that and after these last 3 games a mediocre player. (This is me judging him on his stat line and eye test with games and opponents that actually matter; not early season CCSU's & Sacred Hearts where he boosted his stats).

I strongly believe he needs 1 more year with us. Let him tag team with Larrier and see whether or not we can cut down the nets come April.

Against UM, SU, Gonz, MD, UT and Oh St he is averaging 15.5/6.8/4.5 so I think you can throw out your theory of getting his numbers from the cupcakes only. I will say his trending line does not have the look you'd want for financial gains.

Reaction Score

Let me get this straight. You are calling dham overrated due to his last 3 games? How about his body of work which has been great. Some posters find it too easy to dump on our best players when they are down. Give him time to adjust and learn to assist players not named AB and not force shots. He played great in the Texas game but has fallen into a funk. I think he still has the talent to become our alpha dog.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He is often forcing the issue too much, should be looking for our wings more.
I was happy enough with the win, but yeah it would have been nice if he hit that first FT and we reached 82.

Reaction Score
Here's something I noticed about his non 3 shot, no soft touch. It clanks for whatever reason without backspin so when it hits the back rim as it often does it doesn't bounce around and go in often. Don't think it can be corrected at this point because it's in his shooting DNA. Of course the solution is net only.

Reaction Score
He doesn't even look like a D1 player the last two games, it's cringeworthy.
Its January maybe he has bit of the flu but keeping it to himself. Looks way out of sorts.

Reaction Score
I think, as usual, Chief nailed it: it was definitely his flight delay at Christmas. Makes perfect sense. My flight was delayed a couple hours and I'm still rattled a couple weeks later.

Reaction Score
Haven't really had a game yet where 3 of Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton and Miller showed up to play. I know we're basically half way so maybe if it was going to happen it would've happened already, but this team will be scary in March if they're all on the same page and playing up to their abilities.

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. You are calling dham overrated due to his last 3 games? How about his body of work which has been great. Some posters find it too easy to dump on our best players when they are down. Give him time to adjust and learn to assist players not named AB and not force shots. He played great in the Texas game but has fallen into a funk. I think he still has the talent to become our alpha dog.

How many games will it take for you? If he's not back to his regular ways against Tulsa then I don't want to hear it anymore. Like what CTBasketball has said here, "When you lack a killer instinct you panic in pressure situations." He does not have that killer instinct quite yet, nor do I see it fully panning out by the end of the year. Stay one more year, be consistent, and then enter the draft.

Reaction Score
InKembaITrust said:
How many games will it take for you? If he's not back to his regular ways against Tulsa then I don't want to hear it anymore. Like what CTBasketball has said here, "When you lack a killer instinct you panic in pressure situations." He does not have that killer instinct quite yet, nor do I see it fully panning out by the end of the year. Stay one more year, be consistent, and then enter the draft.

He's en fuego compared to when Bazz went into a funk his sophomore year.

I don't think a slump should lead people to conclude that someone has a character flaw as a basketball player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom