Wrong team for KLS? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Wrong team for KLS?

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I didnt' see the game at all, but she did take 5 shots in 14min, plus got to the free throw line 4 times. This doesn't seem like she was being "ignored," though it's not to say they didn't miss times to find her.

Reaction Score
Thanks... I didn't see the game, but checked the Box Score and was pleased to see Lou played 14 minutes...which is of course a lot more than normal...if she even gets in. Thanks for the assessment of how she played...wish I could have seen it. Maybe the coach is starting to gain some confidence in her? :rolleyes:
She looked really tough and physical on defense, even smothering Cambage at one point. She had two air balls but that comes when you aren’t getting minutes. She made good decisions passing and one super defensive play after draining a three. Two of her free throws came for being fouled on defense under the Vegas basket. She may be realizing she’s 6’3”. At UConn she made quick accurate passes on an unselfish team where everyone was looking for who had best shot. I don’t see that on this team, except for Sloot and the other UConners.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Correct. Mabrey does fill in at point guard. She has alot of versatility in the roles she can play and that adds to her value.
Are you her agent?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Thanks... I didn't see the game, but checked the Box Score and was pleased to see Lou played 14 minutes...which is of course a lot more than normal...if she even gets in. Thanks for the assessment of how she played...wish I could have seen it. Maybe the coach is starting to gain some confidence in her? :rolleyes:

I think he's starting to gain some confidence in her. Also, the overcorrection to the Griner bust-up has begun and Chicago's bigs were getting called for touch fouls against Wilson and Cambage all night.

With both Parker and Dolson in foul trouble, Ndour had to play some 5, which opened up minutes at the 4 for Gabby and Lou.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
In the few minutes she’s played she has been open and ignored many times. In last night’s game Vegas crowded the basket and yet—Deshields, I think—dove right in and lost the ball while KLS was so open even I could have hit the three...well, maybe not me.

There might have been once when DeShields missed her. I know Copper missed her several times to make ill-advised drives. We were grumbling about it in section 124.

Even if the shot isn't open by the time Lou catches, I still like throwing her the ball because she is generally a good decision-maker with the ball.

Reaction Score
There might have been once when DeShields missed her. I know Copper missed her several times to make ill-advised drives. We were grumbling about it in section 124.

Even if the shot isn't open by the time Lou catches, I still like throwing her the ball because she is generally a good decision-maker with the ball.
Yes, decision making is her forte. I thought she passed up one open shot but it was close. It might have been Copper that time. My attention was on KLS, whom she passed on ill fated run at basket, who had 10 feet of space.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom