WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Reaction Score
Here's a point to ponder:
Today's Meriden Record-Journal has an article on Southington's first day of football practice yesterday.
Chew on this tidbit about Jayson Rose: ".. the 6-foot-4, 225lb. QB has narrowed a considerable list of suitors to Syracuse, UConn, Wake Forest, and Wisconsin.
He has visited the first two schools. He has not visited the latter two. Still, he hopes to make his decision in the next 2-3 weeks before the season starts."
" 'I narrowed it down to the four two days ago. Now the next step is sitting down with the family, a few coaches and figuring out which is the best fit for me' said Rose. 'I've got the Syracuse and UConn pros and cons weighed out. I did that with my dad. Now we have to sit down and do the pros and cons with Wake Forest and Wisconsin.'"

Just my own take: How does one make an informed decision about which University to attend if one hasn't visited two out of the four campuses? If, indeed Jay Rose decides in the next couple of weeks, I think that it's between Syracuse & UConn. The fly in the ointment is that one of the coaches on Southington's staff is former Southington qb-te & Syracuse te Rob Thomson. Ouch.
Rob Thomson was an outstanding athlete but got to play 1 day of QB at Cuse. Rose is a much more talented QB. Is Cuse looking at Rose as a QB or TE?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
1) To the poster saying it's between Wake and UConn, no one will believe that when you just say 'i've got sources.' 75% of boneyard folks are nuts, who knows who this 'source' is. Not trying to be a jerk, just tell us what the connection is or it is kind of meaningless.
2) Yeah, Southington has a Cuse connection, unfortunately. I'm hoping that UConn still wins out, but I could very well see him heading to Cuse. On the bright side, Syracuse has a plethora of underclassman QBs on the roster which could be a deterrent, as well as the fact that they have a 3-star pro style QB in their class of 2016 who had offers from Clemson, Florida, OSU, WVa and Virginia Tech. Of course, UConn has D. Williams in its class, but if I were Rose I'd very carefully consider whether or not you're going to be 'the guy' in that class when you're competing against a recruit with a laundry list of top tier offers.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
1) To the poster saying it's between Wake and UConn, no one will believe that when you just say 'i've got sources.' 75% of boneyard folks are nuts, who knows who this 'source' is. Not trying to be a jerk, just tell us what the connection is or it is kind of meaningless.
2) Yeah, Southington has a Cuse connection, unfortunately. I'm hoping that UConn still wins out, but I could very well see him heading to Cuse. On the bright side, Syracuse has a plethora of underclassman QBs on the roster which could be a deterrent, as well as the fact that they have a 3-star pro style QB in their class of 2016 who had offers from Clemson, Florida, OSU, WVa and Virginia Tech. Of course, UConn has D. Williams in its class, but if I were Rose I'd very carefully consider whether or not you're going to be 'the guy' in that class when you're competing against a recruit with a laundry list of top tier offers.
I agree with you. I live in Southington and go to the same gym as a few football players do, and when I asked they said he really liked Wake a lot. Take that with a grain of salt, that's likely high school drama but he's a better source than some guy on the internet IMO.

Reaction Score
I think Rose and family should focus on one more year of HS football and prove to the state, the FCIAC, the SCC, and college recruiters that this years LL championship wasn't a fluke. I mean if he's as good as everyone says he ought to be able to carry any team to the playoffs. Anyone know how things are stacking up for Southington next year?
He has a lot less to prove than UConn football. Southington may repeat as state champions and will be ranked anywhere from 1-3. They will be stacked.

Reaction Score
CCC Football 2015: Rose ready to make college choice, lead Southington to LL three-peat
http://www.gametimect.com/2015-foot...ege-choice-lead-southington-to-ll-three-peat/

>>Now, Rose is down to four schools from which to choose: UConn, Syracuse, Wake Forest and Wisconsin. He said he had two frontrunners in his mind, but hopes to make his final decision within the next few weeks – before the high school season starts and after making official visits to each of the schools.

“It’s been a long, long process,” said the 6-foot-3, 235-pound signal-caller, “but the recruiting process is something that, if you can experience it, you want to have fun with it. You only get it once, and not many people get the opportunity for it.”

UConn and Syracuse are recruiting him as a quarterback. Wake and Wisconsin are mainly recruiting Rose, who runs a 4.6 40 and is a sprinter on the Southington outdoor track team, as a tight end or simply an “athlete” who could, at some point, revert back to quarterback.

“He’s a quarterback, but he’s also a big athlete,” said fifth-year Southington coach Mike Drury. “He’s a big, thick kid who’s an athletic player, and is very versatile. I’ve talked to a lot of the coaches, and their whole thing is, you can’t have enough of those big athletes. Jay has that ability, whether he’s a quarterback, tight end, H-back. He can block, catch, throw. That makes him very sought-after.”,,

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
CCC Football 2015: Rose ready to make college choice, lead Southington to LL three-peat
http://www.gametimect.com/2015-foot...ege-choice-lead-southington-to-ll-three-peat/

>>Now, Rose is down to four schools from which to choose: UConn, Syracuse, Wake Forest and Wisconsin. He said he had two frontrunners in his mind, but hopes to make his final decision within the next few weeks – before the high school season starts and after making official visits to each of the schools.

“It’s been a long, long process,” said the 6-foot-3, 235-pound signal-caller, “but the recruiting process is something that, if you can experience it, you want to have fun with it. You only get it once, and not many people get the opportunity for it.”

UConn and Syracuse are recruiting him as a quarterback. Wake and Wisconsin are mainly recruiting Rose, who runs a 4.6 40 and is a sprinter on the Southington outdoor track team, as a tight end or simply an “athlete” who could, at some point, revert back to quarterback.

“He’s a quarterback, but he’s also a big athlete,” said fifth-year Southington coach Mike Drury. “He’s a big, thick kid who’s an athletic player, and is very versatile. I’ve talked to a lot of the coaches, and their whole thing is, you can’t have enough of those big athletes. Jay has that ability, whether he’s a quarterback, tight end, H-back. He can block, catch, throw. That makes him very sought-after.”,,
I've heard that they've made ground.

Reaction Score
Wake has the type of campus you fall in love with within 5 minutes. That said, Uconn is a much better athletic program.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't want to create a recruiting violation, but man it would be a nice coincidence if Dan Orlovsky completely randomly happened to be next to him in line at the grocery store or the movies. Again, I stress, as a completely innocent, unplanned coincidence.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Are you sure he was with Orlovsky? Wasn't he in Jacksonville last night...? Or are you just saying that this is something that should happen?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Are you sure he was with Orlovsky? Wasn't he in Jacksonville last night...? Or are you just saying that this is something that should happen?
I was wishing it would happen.

Reaction Score
Wake has the type of campus you fall in love with within 5 minutes.
Beauty's in the eyes of the beholder; I always found Wake's homogeneous, generic architecture fairly boring, especially compared with many similarly overpriced, private university campuses. However, campus buildings alone may not be the highest consideration for Rose or most recruits.

Reaction Score
Surprised we have heard any announcements. Anybody got scoop?

Reaction Score
Surprised we have heard any announcements. Anybody got scoop?

His first game is Friday night @ home versus Manchester and he said he wanted to make a decision before his senior season but ya never know on timing w/ 18 y/o's

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Beauty's in the eyes of the beholder; I always found Wake's homogeneous, generic architecture fairly boring, especially compared with many similarly overpriced, private university campuses. However, campus buildings alone may not be the highest consideration for Rose or most recruits.

I'm with you. Drove around there once and was not overly impressed compared to many other campuses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom