WR Shawwn Boose to Uconn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WR Shawwn Boose to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is he coming? Offered? Walk-on? Paper-work in process? Was he committed to Oregon State? Fresno State? Does he want to climb K2? The Boneyard loves a good mystery, but even Scooby sees closure.

pj

Reaction Score
I was at the game, he broke atleast 3 kids ankles on the play. He was the best player on the field in the game.

My uncle coached Shawwn in HS, he isn't the biggest kid probably realistically 5'9 180 but he is a spectacular athlete who is fun to watch, he reminded me of a smaller Kenny Tinney he can change direction on a dime, runs a legit 4.4 and can make people miss!

Is his name Shawn or Shawwn?

He looks like a terrific player on his highlight videos but his recorded 40 times and track numbers weren't so good. If he could run a 4.4 you'd think he'd have 20 offers.

In any case UConn would be a great landing place for him, we've taken athletic QBs in the past and turned them into WRs. Regardless of where he ends up, I'll root for him. I'd love to see him come here and succeed. But it's hard to get a 2012 scholarship so late in the year, as far as I know all the scholarships are taken. Is it possible Shawn is a backup in case Bryce McNeal isn't admitted?

Reaction Score
Is his name Shawn or Shawwn?

He looks like a terrific player on his highlight videos but his recorded 40 times and track numbers weren't so good. If he could run a 4.4 you'd think he'd have 20 offers.

In any case UConn would be a great landing place for him, we've taken athletic QBs in the past and turned them into WRs. Regardless of where he ends up, I'll root for him. I'd love to see him come here and succeed. But it's hard to get a 2012 scholarship so late in the year, as far as I know all the scholarships are taken. Is it possible Shawn is a backup in case Bryce McNeal isn't admitted?

His rivals profile says he runs a 4.5. Maybe that other 40 time was incorrect.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Shawn-Boose-101128

pj

Reaction Score
Wow, good find.

To be honest I didn't know Post University existed, and I didn't know sprint football existed. I hope it works out well for him.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I wish the young man well but, aside from this thread, don't remember his name or that he was ever on our commit list.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the club, Shawwn. You will not regret it!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this thread is typical BY poopies

Reaction Score
He's playing sprint football at Post U. Sprint football is for smaller people I think the max weight limit is 175.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
That awkward moment when you realize you drink the finest scotch and smoke the kindest weed....

But don't understand what the cool kids on the BY'd are talking about.

Goodnight!!

Reaction Score
I'm pretty conversant with ncaa rules re xfers, 4 yr, walk-on at 2 yr college, etc.

But I have no clue how the ncaa treats this sport and this school. Is Post University, (PU, for those who are into abbreviations) even an accredited school? is it under ncaa rules? is it a 4 yr college?

I would think that if uconn needed to put him in a post grad program, considering the sketchiness of some of them, he would be at a recognized post grad school.

The mystery remains.

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe he's coming as a preferred walk-on and needs to live in state for a year to get in-state tuition?

Reaction Score
Just seems like a very sketchy/odd situation. Had a ton of interest from big programs out west. Then ends up at tiny university in CT playing sprint football, whatever that is.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just seems like a very sketchy/odd situation. Had a ton of interest from big programs out west. Then ends up at tiny university in CT playing sprint football, whatever that is.

sprint football is like kids who are of a certain size or smaller only can play. i would rather do a 7-7 league then it but w/e. its only done by like 5 schools. i guess post does it now. i always knew it was a army/navy/ivy thing and nothing more but i guess its getting bigger or something. if coach p needed to get this kid somewhere for a year and then to uconn, this is kinda interesting that he chose this. his connections are always interesting, thats for sure.

Reaction Score
sprint football is like kids who are of a certain size or smaller only can play. i would rather do a 7-7 league then it but w/e. its only done by like 5 schools. i guess post does it now. i always knew it was a army/navy/ivy thing and nothing more but i guess its getting bigger or something. if coach p needed to get this kid somewhere for a year and then to uconn, this is kinda interesting that he chose this. his connections are always interesting, thats for sure.

I wonder when we will finally find out the real scoop. I thought about tweeting @ him to see whats up.

Reaction Score
Post isn't a Junior College. Sometimes kids just say things.

Reaction Score
Coach P has apparently been known to send recruits to JUCO such as Dean, so why not do the same with Boose if he was really ever a serious target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom