WR Shawwn Boose to Uconn | The Boneyard

WR Shawwn Boose to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
cool beans, welcome Shawn! seems like we lost more this off season then we know about off the roster as of right now. we are still making moves. we may end up with 35-40 new faces by september. this is a prime example of P being able to have a huge reach with his connections. DEPTH!

@BooseeeBadasss

Reaction Score
Is this kid a walk on? The article stated he committed to Oregon State and then Fresno State? Anyone know for sure?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Can't wait to say, "Boose is on the loose!!" as he runs by a Rutgers DB! Welcome to the Dog Pound, Shawn!!

Reaction Score
Per Rivals

WR Shawn Boose, 5-8/168, San Diego (Calif.) Kearny (2012)
810119.jpg
ASSETS: Runs precise routes and catches the ball with his hands away from his body.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Needs to work on overall speed. If he does not run track he should in order to help improve his 40 time.
WHAT WAS MOST IMPRESSIVE AT COMBINE: He could have given lessons to every receiver and coach in this camp on how to sell his routes and create space between defenders. His stellar efforts not only earned him WR MVP honors but also the Leadership award.
CONCLUSION: Improving his speed is the key to making it on the next level, because all the other tools are already in place.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Crazy story.

This guys was even under Edsall's radar.

what does that even mean? kid was committed to a bcs school at one point. how does that make him under the radar? am i not understanding this joke?

pj

Reaction Score
I like that we're casting a wide recruiting net. It's natural that a San Diego won't grow up dreaming of going to UConn. It's good that we found him and provided a home.

From his video he looks like a natural athlete - great coordination, makes tacklers miss. But his speed and jumping numbers at combine were not great. If he improves his strength and speed he could be really, really good.

Reaction Score
This kid looks like he's got football speed.. IMO that's what really matters... We've brought in kids with speed to burn but when the lights come on ( real game ) they don't put it all together on the field and make the plays that need to be made... Hopefully this kid does... He looks like a baller...

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Looks like it was his lifelong dream to play for UConn!

"“I had nowhere else to go to be honest,” Boose said. “I wanted to continue playing football and that was the best place for me, or really left for that matter.”

He's being truthful. Nothing wrong with that. It's actually refreshing to hear someone speak candidly in a world where so many politicians, sports stars and other public figures don't have the slightest qualm about BS'ing and lying.

Reaction Score
I like that we're casting a wide recruiting net. It's natural that a San Diego won't grow up dreaming of going to UConn. It's good that we found him and provided a home.

From his video he looks like a natural athlete - great coordination, makes tacklers miss. But his speed and jumping numbers at combine were not great. If he improves his strength and speed he could be really, really good.
Where are his measurables listed? Did I miss something??

pj

Reaction Score
Where are his measurables listed? Did I miss something??

2011 as a junior at UnderArmour combine: http://combines.underarmour.com/football/athletes/11688 (complete results: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1197761 - he was #60)
Some track numbers: http://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/Athlete.aspx?AID=929050 (for comparison, Laray Smith is almost a second faster at 100 m and almost 3 seconds faster at 200 m)

As a QB he was probably spending a lot of time practicing things other than speed. I think he's got a big upside. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Walk on or scholarship player. Im thinking walk on.

There's gonna be some roster surprises when Fall practice starts several weeks from now...Kids we think were coming back may not be... Then even during the first few weeks of practice kids leave ( i.e. the kids the left last year - Leon Kinnard, Gerrard Sheppard, Malik Generett, Mike Box ).. So it wouldn't surprise me if this kid's a scholly kid.. He seems to be really talented too...

Reaction Score
I like the rivals review on him. I find that quite flattering especially toward a kid who only spent a year as. A receiver. Id he is this athletic this kid could be huge for us. Maybe even give us a trick play or two in the book

APA

Reaction Score
OSU only took 1 WR last year, so the problem wasn't lack of space. They took 1 QB. Don't know what position OSU was recruiting him for. Wonder why it "didn't work out".

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I like the rivals review on him. I find that quite flattering especially toward a kid who only spent a year as. A receiver. Id he is this athletic this kid could be huge for us. Maybe even give us a trick play or two in the book

speaking of that, our incoming kicker BP is not just a great kicker. he played qb for dwyer also. i bet that may be something to watch the next 4 years.

pj

Reaction Score
speaking of that, our incoming kicker BP is not just a great kicker. he played qb for dwyer also. i bet that may be something to watch the next 4 years.

Is he a punter or just a placekicker? Usually the holder makes the throws on fake field goals. And can he run the wildcat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom