Wow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wow

Reaction Score
Ferraro04 provided a comprehensive comparison of the Baylor team‘s season to date to UConn. Thank you for all that data Sensei! I looked at one comparative stat - Scoring Margin.

Baylor beat two of it’s eight opponents to date, Northeastern LA State and McNeese State by 93 points each(that’s right, by the same ridiculous margin). The reason for that same huge margin becomes clear when we note that these two teams are right next to each other in the Massey rankings - at the very bottom! Yes, they are #354 and #355 on the Massey list - dead last and next to dead last. Way to pick ‘em Kim(or should I say,”way to pick on them, Kim!)

If you remove these two Junior High teams from Baylor’s equation their Scoring Margin drops from 41.7 to 24.5, still high, but not exceptional and nowhere near UConn’s 37.3. I don’t think these guys are near the same tier as UConn, and probably Stanford.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sarah Andrews24G5' 6"FRIrving, TX
Caitlin Bickle51F6' 0"JRCave Creek, AZ
DiJonai Carrington21G5' 11"SRSan Diego, CA
Queen Egbo25C6' 3"JRHouston, TX
Hannah Gusters20C6' 5"FRDallas, TX
Kamaria McDaniel22G5' 10"SRInkster, MI
Jordyn Oliver11G5' 10"SOProsper, TX
Trinity Oliver3G5' 9"JREuless, TX
Jaden Owens10G5' 8"SOPlano, TX
DiDi Richards2G6' 1"SRCypress, TX
NaLyssa Smith1F6' 2"JRConverse, TX
Moon Ursin12G5' 6"SRDestrehan, LA

are Baylor size bigger than Uconn?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
We shot 41% from the floor 30% from 3 didnt look good which I attribute to the long layoff and coming off injuries and won by 23. Thats how good we are. We didnt look great and still won big. We have another long layoff before Baylor. Not bad and plenty of room for improvement. I wll repeat myself and say we need Evina Anna and Griff to score consistently and they will have to against Baylor. We are too dependent on Liv Paige and CW. We pass the ball really well thus better then deserved shooting percentages. The girls need to think, " I want to take the shot" before the ball gets to them and then take the shot without hesitation. Hesitation is caused by doubt because of lack of confidence in knowing what to do. When that happens, forget it, chances are pretty good you will miss. We did play well and won by 23pts and it couldve been alot more, however coudve beens dont work. You have to "make it happen". Our defense was good, our passing was good, we had height and thats why we won.

Depaul played very good defense espeically on Paige. They couldnt stop Liv. Paige got her points because shes that good and only a freshman. The rest of the team needs to learn how to get their points like Paige does. Many posts talk about the hesitation before shooting. Thats because they arent looking to shoot theyre looking to pass and hope to find someone open and thats fine but you have to have a "mindset that you want the ball and you want to score." They all had that mindset in HS thats why theyre at UConn.

The Baylor game will be a good test andwill be after another long layoff, and will be on the road. Im expecting some players to step up to the challange and not wait for somebody else to step up. Its our biggest game so far this season and thats why these kids are here. We have 2 hs number 1's a hs number 2 and a hs number 5. They better be looking to stand out against Baylor. The ole saying "if its to be,its up to me" needs to come into play in their heads. They cant wait for someone else to score they have to think I have to score because the team is depending on me. In this game the light should go on in their heads. Theyre too good for it not to in a big game like Baylor. When the lights go on in their heads the lights against opponents will go out because we're that good and they just dont get that yet.

AE got the minutes shes earned and I like her alot. If we play her with Liv for long lengths and they both get in foul trouble that puts UConn in trouble. Alternating them and playing them together for limited minutes keeps them out of foul trouble. Starting both of them at this point in the season maybe not be wise. Later in the season may be a better time.

Bottom line I see UConn with 4-5 players in double figures against Baylor. I see Liv with a double double and I see Edwards with big numbers. Because of our passing and ball handlers I think we beat Baylor by double digets. Alot will depend on others stepping up.

Please do not use one word titles. Say what the thread is about.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If the post is from TonyC we all know what the post is about :)

But the search engines dont. Accurate thread titles increase traffic, and don't confuse me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno is the answer to UConn beating Baylor. Barring any major flop UConn wins by double digets. I dont care about stats its UConn Baylor and Geno is pretty good at winning big games. He is the difference.
Agree, I think UConn is also the better team. I am really impressed with Paige.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom